Forgotten Kingdom

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Adamant14

Re: Forgotten Kingdom

Post by Adamant14 »

I like your new arrangement of the scenarios.
I also agree that 'escape' is pretty unbalanced.
I am very curious about your healer-idea, Gashnu can really need a healer.
About the underground scenarios, I wouldn't mind, like I wrote above, there are only three of them, so please don't change it.
To create an extra scenario between scenario 1 and scenario 2 is maybe a good idea.
Gashnu and his units need a bit more time to gain experience.

Did Limabean gave you his idea about the story should go on?
Or do you have own ideas about?
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

I suggest the campaign shall end up in a sad ending.

The gobos, trolls, orcs, nagas, bandits and all those fought for peace and freedom, get besieged and killed to the last man eventually. However, the humans faced severe losts as well. The brave rebelion for liberty became an epic, and was sung for centries by the offsprings, inspired them to rebel again and again, harder and fiercer after each time. The orc lords encouraged their grunts, they shall not be weaker than the gobos and whelps. Anger, hunger, thirst for battle, the will of revenge...the rebels have never stopped their cause.

Finally, the tyrant lord was slaughtered, and everything came back to peace once again.

-[Onto the bloody pile of human and orc corpses, an orc hero wield a flag]-
Orc hero: VICTORY!
-[The end]-
Chrysophylax

Post by Chrysophylax »

Guess what got worked on! I spent the summer as a research assistant so I wasn't able to work on FK. In fact, I was so busy I was on complete Wesbreak. I'm back now (who'd have guessed?) and have done some work on FK. I've reworked the pack-fury wolves to provide more variation and much stronger units, as the originals were pretty much useless. I've also worked out designs for a line of units that will serve as healers for Gashnu after Escape (I plan to make Jeord, the named thug from Escape, into the level one version) and coded the first one. In fact, I'm so pleased with them that I have hopes other people may want to use them once they're balanced!

My immediate plans involve finishing the healer units and making another unit chain that I'm not sure will make an appearance. (I know I want it, I'm just not sure how to accomodate it in the plot.) I also plan to combine the Troll Mountain and Troll Fury, as I said last time I posted here.

I plan to reorder the scenarios, but first I need to finish off the plot. There are also a number of text changes I want to make, including giving the spear-wielding trolls descriptions. After that it's time for balancing, scenario alterations and adding new scenarios!
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Chrysophylax wrote:.. I'm back now (who'd have guessed?) ...!
Not me. :P

But I am really glad you are back. :)

I am very curious about your plans, and about how the story goes on.
The campaign is definitely worth to be continued.

About the Troll Mountain and Troll Fury fusion I am not sure, - both are completely different units.
Is it really wise to combine them? :hmm:
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Chrysophylax

Post by Chrysophylax »

I'm not sure about it as I didn't use them during my run through the campaign. From looking at the files it doesn't seem that the Mountain is made proper use of, being not much tougher than the Spearman. The Fury seems more useful but I have mages for blowing through chokepoints (and there aren't many of those (YET)). My plan is to make a beserker troll that's got so much of the troll equivalent of scar tissue that it has better defences and uses the flat of its axe on the defensive so as not to be driven into a frenzy by the blood.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Don't you fear such a unit is overpowered?
Chrysophylax

Post by Chrysophylax »

It may be, which is why I'm making all changes to a separate copy of the game files as of two weeks ago.

I've finished coding the new healer units! Jeord is going to be a Herbalist. If I include Witches I'm going to use a special variant for FK so that they can't advance to DAs or Mages. The new units are attached as .txt files and will need to become .cfg files if you want to take them for a test run. They've also got textdomain wesnoth-Forgotten_Kingdom. What do you think?
Attachments
Hedge-mage.txt
L2
(6.64 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
Herbalist.txt
L1
(6.56 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Witch.txt
L0
(7.64 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Last edited by Chrysophylax on January 23rd, 2014, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Sorry, i was elsewhere.
Chrysophylax wrote:The new units are attached as .txt files and will need to become .cfg files if you want to take them for a test run.
Where can I find them?
Chrysophylax

Post by Chrysophylax »

Attached to the post, of course. Anyone who suggests I forgot to upload them is probably a spy for Ashevierre and not to be trusted.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Chrysophylax wrote:Anyone who suggests I forgot to upload them is probably a spy for Ashevierre and not to be trusted.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

S4
Yesss Massster -> Yesss Massster.
i'm > I'm
risk this -> risk it in this
The event at turn 16 could do with some animations.
The mercenaries on 7,38, 9,38, and 8,40 don't move unless there is an enemy in range.
The naga and saurian allies start costing upkeep when they level up.

S5
and uncanny -> an uncanny

S8
The Ogre is on an enemy side when I free him. (32,9)

EDIT:
S5
All those enemy units on the map that look like guards don't actually stand guard, instead they rush at me.
What's that Blood Bat doing at 22,1?

Both Troll Mountain and Troll Fury lack the AMLA macro.

Troll Fury has basically no pixel showing teamcolor.
Troll Spearman seems to have magenta as teamcolor.

S6
merciles -> merciless

EDIT 2:
Troll Runners and Explorers can move on unwalkable? :O (FTR, this seems to be intentional according to an event in S7 which is only triggerable by units that can fly.)
(There is also a note if you actually try this. Apparently you can move onto unwalkable, but you die if you end you turn there.)

Troll Explorer
opportunit_typey -> opportunity

The carryover is kinda crazy in this campaign, mostly due to the high ratio of gold per village (2:1) coupled with the huge amount of villages on the map.
I walked into S7 with 1814 gold.

EDIT 3:
Troll Impaler
Needs an AMLA macro.

S7
The event for 3,39 doesn't work.

S8
i'm > I'm
i'm -> I'm
ToD inside of the prison is nighttime.

Replays
Spoiler:
Attachments
FK-Crossing the Border-Auto-Save40.gz
(141.19 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Straff

Post by Straff »

log wrote: 20220121 18:48:25 error display: could not open image 'units/trolls/elder-ranged-2.png'
20220121 18:48:25 error display: could not open image 'units/trolls/elder-ranged-3.png'
Konrad2 wrote: January 14th, 2022, 4:56 pm S7
The event for 3,39 doesn't work.
----->
log wrote: 20220121 19:29:53 error wml: Invalid id= in [object]'
to fix, just replace the second

Code: Select all

id=
with

description=

[object]
            id=undead_banisher
            duration=scenario
            image=items/ankh-necklace.png
            name= _ "Amulet of Banishment"
            id= "This amulet can be used to banish hordes of undead back to the abyss. However, it's power will not last forever."
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Wolf Lord is missing an AMLA macro.

S9
Ends as victory on the first turn before I can move. The enemy leaders never show up.

S10
Beseiged -> Besieged
I have now the mainline 'Wolf' on my recruit list, while at the same time having the FK Wolf. Is that an accident?

EDIT:
Great Wolf
Is missing the AMLA macro (after two advancements).
Attachments
FK-Escape replay 20220122-105658.gz
(58.08 KiB) Downloaded 26 times