Death is a Circle (0.2.0)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jani

Re: Death is a Circle (0.2.0)

Post by jani »

heh just wondering whne is the new release coming i know that quality takes some time but if you have made even couple scenarios ready add em in ad on server coz id really like to play em.
Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

Just played the campagin. Have to say it is a good undead campaign which like Illain the Illusionist ( or whatever it was called ) showed the strength of the undead. My review is :

Scenario 1

Good map and i like the use of walking corpses with added bats. I think it is good that you cannot recuite them as you protect each one more and i leveled mine up which was of great help in the scenarios to come. I didn't know where the orb was though so i just killed the paladin with the lich and his bodyguard with the walking corpses / blood bats.

Scenario 2

On first impression, when the blue walkign corpses wouldn't fight in the day and where getting destroyed really easily, i thought this looks tough. However i found it quite easy when i actually got down to it and the mage suprise is very well done.

Scenario 3

I like it but i killed the horse leader way too easily. The loyalits were a bit harder and then the mages were easy again. If you want it to be the idea that you stay in the walls and only good players kill the leader maybe 2 recuiting spaces for the knight and silver mage?

Scenario 4

Could be a little clearer, but i understood it.

Scenario 5

The game could not be loaded: load_game_failed: Invalid starting position (-999,-999) for the leader of side 4.

On the whole a promising campaign :)
orcish_orc

Post by orcish_orc »

@ Akkarin345

Thanks for your feedback.

If you're wondering the orb looks like a black mist and appears on a castle tile.
Are you saying that you leveled up your bat?

I'll be honest and say that when I gave the mages 2 recruiting spaces, I couldn't survive. 2 mages per turn is not fun.

@ jani

Thanks for your support! 0.2.0 has changed scenario 3, if you've already played it can you comment on it?

The next scenario is Through the Black Maze, an underground scenario. I have the map.
jani

Post by jani »

scenario 3 was pretty nice it took me 18 turns to kill all of the enemy leaders.
Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

orcish_orc wrote:@ Akkarin345

Thanks for your feedback.

If you're wondering the orb looks like a black mist and appears on a castle tile.
Are you saying that you leveled up your bat?

I'll be honest and say that when I gave the mages 2 recruiting spaces, I couldn't survive. 2 mages per turn is not fun.
Then again my lich was not near the castle at the time. One of the peasents needed dealing with :twisted:. Anyway and when the paladin came i saved and though it was worth trying to kill them for the extra XP. The paladin was quite easy with the lichs ranged attack and the mages where quite easy to turn into walking corpses, i also think the paladin ended up a walking corpse lol i love the irony.
Yeah i leveled the first bat, he stole most of the kills and one the Lv1 units. I then turned him into a the damage dealer and the corpses got the XP and i got new units :D
After watching the replay i can see where the orb was, the mages etc where in the way anyway so the XP was useful.

Maybe 2 horsemen? I killed them quite quick because my archers/liches made quick work of the lv 1's and then i got a lich on the recuiting space and killed the Grand Knight.

It is a good campaign :)