The Conquest of a Dark Queen

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mica

Re: The Conquest of a Dark Queen

Post by Mica »

Alanya will have her own unit line eventually, but I need art for it. I'll work on making it and just using the footpad image until I get one for the line.

Thanks again Turuk.
Mica says one who cheats, cheats himself.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
Orcish Shyde

Post by Orcish Shyde »

Since I claimed to have the skills to do Frankenrecolours for The Dark Hordes, I might as well volunteer for Alanya's art once my usual computer is fixed. Can't install GIMP on this one, sadly.

Which units is Alanya meant to be based off, and what weapons at what levels? It probably wouldn't be that hard to tape human ears to an Elvish Ranger/Avenger if necessary.
Shameless Crossover Excuse
Necromancer (campaign)

You are a Dwarvish Berserker: you're freaking crazy and enjoy it.
Mica

Post by Mica »

For a placeholder, I could live with a footpad with modified weapons. A bow instead of the sling, and her melee weapon changes, but it's not important.

It doesn't need to be animated, since I'd really like something more "done," but this would do a lot of good if I got a placeholder graphic. :)

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
Mica

Post by Mica »

Uploaded version 0.4.0 to the server! Major changes include scenario 11 being added as well as totally edited dialog. Let me know if there are any problems!

[edit]
Also, you only have to download The Conquest of a Dark Queen to play.

docrock

Post by docrock »

for "Surprise" goes for me on BfW 1.4.6 "the game map could not be loaded, illegal character found in map" with your current version
Postings may contain traces of sense.
The ministry of health warns:
Living is dangerous to your health and may finally result in death.
You are a Dwarvish Berserker: you're freaking crazy and enjoy it. (100% ...)
Mica

Post by Mica »

Thank you, I'll fix it soon.

Mica

Post by Mica »

Here's a fix. This goes in the maps folder in the campaign.
Attachments
Surprise.map
(7.46 KiB) Downloaded 194 times

docrock

Post by docrock »

Here's a fix
working fine, thx.

quick question for "Magical Melbrina": why does Jelinica not recruit for all her gold in the beginning of the scenario but instead keeps spewing forth the odd elvish archer every second turn or so? due to this turns are very tight on this one as all her units get slaughtered the moment they enter the frontline and the undead does keep the overwhelming majority of villages. hacked the save and gave me 28 turns, that was possible, though still a very tight one and impossible to save Melbrina.

edit: how is one supposed to play "Keen Kelina"? pretty much impossibly balanced i'd say. especially, for some reason the ally only recruits shamans and Kelina only recruits mages (lots). can't run either, else Jelinica is going to die. also, death of Alanya does not trigger defeat. hummm.
Mica

Post by Mica »

Would giving the player control of Jelinica help? I meant to do so, I just never did it.

Thanks for the death of Alanya bug. I'll fix it. Also, again, I want to give the player control of Jelinica. Would that help?

Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

docrock wrote:edit: how is one supposed to play "Keen Kelina"? pretty much impossibly balanced i'd say. especially, for some reason the ally only recruits shamans and Kelina only recruits mages (lots). can't run either, else Jelinica is going to die. also, death of Alanya does not trigger defeat. hummm.
Another issue with that is the closeness of Kalina, that scenario is planned to be remodeled so that it's not quite a flood of mages, and to give the player more room to maneuver.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Mica

Post by Mica »

Gave the player control of Jelinica and reduced Kelina's starting gold.

Here's the files.
Attachments
scenarios.zip
(7.33 KiB) Downloaded 156 times

docrock

Post by docrock »

in "Keen Kalina" death of Jelinica doesn't trigger defeat, besides that i would say that it is now very well playable.

as for "Stirring in the Night": why calculate gold here?

edit: "The Nation of Dravinus" does not allow saves to be loaded, error is: "Attempt to create a unit on the recall list for side 2 which does not have a recall list". besides that, once again Alanya lost all XP and levelling, lol, nasty. next time i play this campaign from the beginning she wont get any kills, grrrrrr - or maybe you will have her own class set-up till then :)
Mica

Post by Mica »

I have no idea why it does that (recalling thing). It must be annoying indeed.

Thanks to docrock I can now give myself a small TCoaDQ to do list! XD

- Make A Stirring in the Night no longer calculate gold.
- Give Alanya a quick class (with no updates to animations or sprites though)
- Make Jelinica cause defeat when she dies on Keen Kelina

Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

For now Mica, you could always just pick one class for Alanya to stay the whole time, such as an elven archer? Or you could make her a level 0 something that turns into the elven archer, to symbolize her change as the player will not level her to that point until he/she has encountered the elves (therefore making it relative to the story).
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Mica

Post by Mica »

I think it'd be best if I just changed her class to her own. It'd be a start for when we actually do get sprites, I guess.