The Conquest of a Dark Queen

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: The Conquest of a Dark Queen

Post by Turuk »

My thoughts on the campaign so far, take from it what you may, hopefully it will help.

Scenario 1
-Easy just to sit there and grab villages and build gold, I know that's the point but very little player interaction except clicking end turn.

Scenario 2
-Green Orc leader came down and camped next to me, intentional?
-Scenario still a bit hard as he would kill a recruit each turn, but a lot easier than running northeast to kill him.
-Might be too hard for some, the distance between the two leaders means you cut it close in the turns trying to kill both since there's the lack of manpower to split your forces.

Scenario 3
-Berid should be "be rid"
-Fairly easy scenario given the leveled up units from the last one, great army building scenario.

Scenario 4
-Maybe very dangerous instead of "high danger"
-Maybe "party of mages" instead of "group of mages"
-No objectives?
-Very well set up map
-Alyana changes from Footpad to Elvish Archer?

Scenario 5
-Why the keep in the north and the long narrow map if the enemy boss is right next to me? I understand this is still being developed, just noting.

Scenario 6
Boo? I love it.

Scenario 7
Given control of AI? Not sure if this was intended.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Mica

Post by Mica »

Published a new version of the campaign [both TCOADQ downloads are required to play], I made it so there's no custom terrain for now. Let me know if there are any problems.
Mica says one who cheats, cheats himself.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
lastjuan

Post by lastjuan »

Hi all:

This seems a fantastic campagain, but sadly in the third mission of this campgain (Magic Melbrina) it says:
There is no objectives available
and logically I cannot win. Any ideas?

I don't know if it helps but here you have the gz file. I hope to carry on playing this fantastic campgain.

Greetings lastjuan
Attachments
TCoaDQ-Magical_Melbrina.gz
(7.35 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Here is the file you can insert that will give victory conditions now. The objectives were missing because the dialogue gives hints as to what you must do (save Melbrina), but Mica mentioned putting in actual objectives to make it clearer.

This is the updated scenario.
Attachments
4-Magical_Melbrina.cfg
(9.46 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
lastjuan

Post by lastjuan »

Thank you! The wieirdest thing of all is that this scenario doesn't declare your defeat even when you lose both Melbina and Alayna...

Greetings lastjuan
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Really? It has happened before in another scenario I believe, I mentioned it to Mica and he fixed it, so if you find any more, let us know.

Thanks for reporting that, I will check into it.
Mica

Post by Mica »

Turuk, you rock. How can I ever thank you for taking over a bit while I vanished?

I'll look into it right now, and feel free to continue bug fixing and such.

[EDIT]

Let me know if this fixes it, I think I forgot to put in a lose condition. lol
Attachments
4-Magical_Melbrina.cfg
(9.79 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Mica says one who cheats, cheats himself.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Not a problem. :D

I've gotten so used to working with these files for dialogue and testing that it was easy enough to help out with a few fixes. Given a few bugs here and there, now that the dialogue and the scenarios are finished, do you think that it is time to publish?
lastjuan

Post by lastjuan »

Hi again:

Thanks for the fix up Mica and Turuk :D :D

I'm sorry if I'm a pest but I had found another strange thing in the scenario "The Nation of Darvinus". Again there is no objectives, so I suppose that I had to destroy both Troll leaders. The real trouble starts when I'm trying to load an autosaved game. Then appears a message that says:
load game failed: Attempt to create a unit on the recall list for side 2, which does not have a recall list
Failure.png
And the program returns to the start.

On an unrelated topic, it's a bit disconcerting the chages that Alanna suffer. IMHO, it could imply that some players doesn't giver her any experience since she seems to lost it when she changes... just a thought.

Greetings lastjuan
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

I know what you are referring to Lastjuan, and thanks for not giving away any spoilers. I noticed this myself, and I had previously been feeding her exp just to lose it all.

It has to do primarily with her change as consistent with the story, from one group to the other, but the only viable solution I can see would be to give her her own class line. That way it would not hurt the players who tried to level her from the beginning.

For the objectives yes, that is all that you have to do, though I will let Mica insert what objectives he wants as it is as this point that the campaign turns a bit from the previous track. Still in a good way though. :)

As to your bug, I think it has to do with a certain line of code, and I will notify Mica as to what I think it is.
LordHunter

Post by LordHunter »

On Scenario 4, the scenario doesn't end if you lose your leader. It will continue until you defeat the last enemy boss and then will announce you have been defeated.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Thank you, noted, Mica is looking into the code issue for that. Lastjuan mentioned it yesterday, and as of yet, there is no fix.

EDIT:
For Lastjuan and LordHunter-

I do believe I fixed the problem about her dying and there not being a defeated message. Note, it should only be an issue if Alayna dies, not Melbrina. Please let me know if this works.
Attachments
4-Magical_Melbrina.cfg
(9.75 KiB) Downloaded 134 times
Orcish Shyde

Post by Orcish Shyde »

Turuk wrote:I know what you are referring to Lastjuan, and thanks for not giving away any spoilers. I noticed this myself, and I had previously been feeding her exp just to lose it all.

It has to do primarily with her change as consistent with the story, from one group to the other, but the only viable solution I can see would be to give her her own class line. That way it would not hurt the players who tried to level her from the beginning.
Can't be that hard. Most mainline campaigns did it.
Shameless Crossover Excuse
Necromancer (campaign)

You are a Dwarvish Berserker: you're freaking crazy and enjoy it.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Thank you, I'm aware of that.

This is also not my campaign, I'm just helping out with fixes when Mica is not around, so I did not want to claim that it would or would not be done.
lastjuan

Post by lastjuan »

Turuk wrote:Thank you, noted, Mica is looking into the code issue for that. Lastjuan mentioned it yesterday, and as of yet, there is no fix.

EDIT:
For Lastjuan and LordHunter-

I do believe I fixed the problem about her dying and there not being a defeated message. Note, it should only be an issue if Alayna dies, not Melbrina. Please let me know if this works.
It works flawlessly. Thank you!