Count Kromire

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

taptap

Re: Count Kromire

Post by taptap »

Got curious and looked into Velensk's replay and it crashed my game, so I add my own replay for scenario 3. Imo the key is to push hard early to take the village with a sufficient amount of cheap recruits incl. L0, it will deny opponent income, grant you healing and better defence. (I only recalled a single unit, an obedient, intelligent fledgeling earmarked as future Methusalem.) A few turns in there will be a moment when you have more units than the opponent (while the opponent is both distracted and not yet finished with recruiting and you are already done thanks to your larger keep) this is your opportunity. I tried to play this defensively as well, but I was roundly defeated. Good use of leadership and experience management (intelligent bloodborns only need 14 xp for level up and heal) helps.
Attachments
CK-Michbie_replay.gz
1.12.6 replay
(33.76 KiB) Downloaded 504 times
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
taptap

Post by taptap »

I used to manage Valemoi scenario just fine, but I have serious trouble now (hard, 250 = minimum gold, find it hard to arrive with more). (Valemoi recruits almost exclusively Gargoyles, probably the worst recruit choice available to him.)
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
86siris

Post by 86siris »

Hi, love this campaign. However can't play it on 1.13.6. Always get this error:

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
C:\<folder>\Wesnoth1.13/data/add-ons/Kromire/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Macro/file '~add-ons/Era_of_Myths/campaign.cfg' is missing
at ~add-ons\\Kromire\\_main.cfg:46

Anyone knows how to fix this?
86siris

Post by 86siris »

My bad. Didn't realize the game hadn't warned me about needing Era of Myths. Thought I had it installed. Nevermind :D
Santiago-zx

Post by Santiago-zx »

Hi i was looking for this campaign in the addons, and the era of myths as well, but i cant find it, why is that?
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Played on easy, and it was about right, though the turn limit is pretty high at first. Valemoi was tougher than the rest, except of course the last one which I didn't even bother with.

Valemoi: Need to update the objectives at one point.

Using the same image for bloodborn and malborn is confusing.

Help for warrior wolf: know>known

I never got the chance to investigate the blood apprentice advances. I think I levelled up one of each, once. They are just too fragile. Rarely do they get injured, they just get dead in one turn.
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
SpiderAja

Post by SpiderAja »

Valemoi was horrible at first, but after a few retries it suddenly was a relatively easy battle when I just sent my veterans to deal with the wolves and send ALL other units after the elementals
The other vampire lord was challenging as well, but when you get his villages and play defensive you will for sure

but the worst of all is the final battle, the first time I had played the campaign I gave up at this point, but this time I could focus solely on the celestials
Spoiler:
Well, first I held the enemy back at the mountains and then once their line crumbled I pushed through during the night and then basically ran away from the rest of their army with no opposition between my survivors and the prophet

Played on easy btw
here, have a replay of the final battle since I'm just glad that I somehow won in the end
CK-The Prophet’s Blood Aufzeichnung abspielen.gz
(51.76 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Can't get past the first few turns of first scenario on Easy. Guards are too many and too strong. No time to use plague to create more units. Seems hopeless.
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

You have to avoid triggering the alarm. It's triggered by any of them attacking you. You attacking them is fine though.
Try out the dark board theme.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Shiki wrote: October 24th, 2019, 2:12 pm You have to avoid triggering the alarm. It's triggered by any of them attacking you. You attacking them is fine though.
Danke. I'll try that.

Sneaking north through the mountains worked but it is not possible to kill the leader before he calls in the hordes to overkill...

All right got past the dumb first scenario (the run it til you get the right rolls type, pah) and the other scenarios are fun and well made so far. Found a couple typos but only remember the last in Michbie it's your sword not you sword in the opening dialogue.
sergey

Post by sergey »

You should attack and ideally kill the enemy leader before he started to recruit. In order to do that you should not move under his vision prematurely. Your units have further vision than he. Use Ctrl+V to show how far he can move. Vision is one more hex further than movement. Carefully examine the terrain and find a way to move close enough to their leader, so he can't see you and you can attack him on the next turn.

By the way, this is difficult campaign. However, it is really well balanced. I.e. it is winnable, but it requires high skills.
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

sergey wrote: October 24th, 2019, 8:24 pm You should attack and ideally kill the enemy leader before he started to recruit. In order to do that you should not move under his vision prematurely. Your units have further vision than he. Use Ctrl+V to show how far he can move. Vision is one more hex further than movement. Carefully examine the terrain and find a way to move close enough to their leader, so he can't see you and you can attack him on the next turn.

By the way, this is difficult campaign. However, it is really well balanced. I.e. it is winnable, but it requires high skills.
Thanks, I got lucky and managed to kill him on turn after he recruited and the recruits vanished (whew). It was just one of those pointless repetitious scenarios where you start over and over looking for right tricks and dice rolls. Not my cup of tea at all. :)

As for the rest of the campaign I have no idea what number of scenarios there are or what general difficulty level it is supposed to be since it is the only campaign in the campaign menu lacking that info. I guess "difficult" would be above beginner and perhaps also intermediate? That would be a greater challenge for me than I have yet tried. Then again choosing the easy level at start might have helped.
sergey

Post by sergey »

Atreides wrote: October 25th, 2019, 3:16 am It was just one of those pointless repetitious scenarios where you start over and over looking for right tricks and dice rolls.
There are poorly balanced UMC campaigns that rely on save-loading. But this campaign is not the case. It is possible to win it without save-loads. That's what I like about it - it is hard not because author mindlessly throw a huge amount enemy units on you. It is difficult because it requires a lot of thinking and experimenting. Anyway, the first scenario puzzle is too difficult probably. A hint on the easiest difficulty could help.
Atreides wrote: October 25th, 2019, 3:16 am As for the rest of the campaign I have no idea what number of scenarios there are or what general difficulty level it is supposed to be since it is the only campaign in the campaign menu lacking that info.
According to the first post in this topic it is 8 combat scenarios long and one dialogue only scenario.
Atreides wrote: October 25th, 2019, 3:16 am I guess "difficult" would be above beginner and perhaps also intermediate? That would be a greater challenge for me than I have yet tried.
Yes, it is harder than intermediate. Well, there is no way to clearly describe campaign difficulty.
Atreides wrote: October 25th, 2019, 3:16 am Then again choosing the easy level at start might have helped.
You can change difficulty in a middle of a campaign. Click on a start of scenario save and select "change difficulty" checkbox in the bottom of the screen.
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

sergey wrote: October 25th, 2019, 6:55 am
Atreides wrote: October 25th, 2019, 3:16 am It was just one of those pointless repetitious scenarios where you start over and over looking for right tricks and dice rolls.
There are poorly balanced UMC campaigns that rely on save-loading. But this campaign is not the case. It is possible to win it without save-loads. That's what I like about it - it is hard not because author mindlessly throw a huge amount enemy units on you. It is difficult because it requires a lot of thinking and experimenting. Anyway, the first scenario puzzle is too difficult probably. A hint on the easiest difficulty could help.

Yes, I was thinking that the 1st scen. sort of has a fixed difficulty since all the forces are preset and no gold balancing is in effect.
Atreides wrote: October 25th, 2019, 3:16 am Then again choosing the easy level at start might have helped.
You can change difficulty in a middle of a campaign. Click on a start of scenario save and select "change difficulty" checkbox in the bottom of the screen.
Hehe, it sounds like I didn't choose easy, but of course I did.
Duncan_Shriek

Post by Duncan_Shriek »

S08 Return to Kromire Castle:

Enemy side 3 doesn't start, because there is no (longer?) a unit named EOM_Battle_Wizard in Era of Myths