Count Kromire

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Haothehare

Re: Count Kromire

Post by Haothehare »

The post above me makes no sense to me... I don't know code... I can see it is some sort of directory reference but that's about all I gathered. I do have Age of Myths (the most recent one in fact) and I keep getting that error. What that post refers to is probably hinting towards doing something physically to the directory, but I can't tell what to do with what is given.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

What you need to do is find your Kromire folder in your user_data. Open up the file marked _main.cfg

Near the base (it's a small file don't worry) there should be a bit of code that reads

Code: Select all

{~add-ons/Era_of_Myths/_main.cfg}

{EOM_TO_CAMPAIGN}
replace it with

{~add-ons/Era_of_Myths/campaign.cfg}
just like he said. It's not at all hard.

EDIT: Count Kromire 1.3.1 is out. Esperon might be too busy to update it but I am not. The sole change to this version is that it works with the latest version of Era of Myths. Instead of worrying about any of the stuff I mentioned above just update to the lastest version of Count Kromire and you should be fine.

EDIT2: Esperon, a patch you could make to EoM that would help the campaign be a bit less obnoxious would be if you removed the white background from the Vampire noble's portrait.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Haothehare

Post by Haothehare »

Hey thanks for updating the campaign, now the campaign works for me (I will enjoy it).
Carcaroth

Post by Carcaroth »

Hello, i am interested in playing this campaign but i don't find it on the main server. Does it still exist ?
Thanks
:wink:
francophone

Post by francophone »

Good question. I succeeded in play the campaign on the 1.10 version of the game, with the latest version of Era of Miths, picking up the campaign on the server 1.8: http://add-ons.wesnoth.org/1.8/
It would be easier if Velensk put the campaign on the 1.9 and 1.10 server.
TravisWhitny

Post by TravisWhitny »

Can someone add this to the new list of add-onds for 1.10? I tried getting it from the old list and adding it to my ad-ons folder, but it doesnt show up in my campaigns... I was really hoping to play this one too! :cry:
Dwarven_Void

Post by Dwarven_Void »

Count Kromire is on the 1.10 server, and will stay there until someone takes over.

I uploaded only because this is a classic that shouldn't die, please do not hold me responsible for maintenance. If anyone does want to further the campaign, please let me know, and I will hand it over immediately.
taptap

Post by taptap »

I am currently playing it, so far it is a wonderful campaign. I wonder whether obedient trait will be overpowered in any other than a short campaign though. Maybe changing obedient to "the unit level always counts as one lower than it actually is (min. 0)" wouldn't effect normal mp play, but weaken the monetary impact of obedient units during a campaign - making obedient useful but not feel as mandatory (even if somewhat weakened access to quasi-loyal L4/L3 matters) as it does now. I somehow end up recalling only obedient veterans now.
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
kosach

Post by kosach »

I have reached the end of the campaign, but when I bite Hazadin I get this error message:

<invalid WML found> [sound] missing required name = attribute
The game does not crash, though, but I don't get the final conversation with the Oathkeeper and so on.
Amon

Post by Amon »

had the same

the problem is a voice, meant to be played during that bite. hadn't have it in previous version of the game (I mean "old one")

solution is to edit last scenario and delete voice command in this dialogue
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

I fixed this error in SVN, but there hasn't been a release yet. One option for now is to download the tarball from umc-dev.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

Just a quick bug report- the portrait with an opaque background is being used, instead of a transparent one. I'm glad the original author of this came back, otherwise I never would have found it, also thanks to people for keeping it working.
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

I'm bumping this because of a semi-important bug: this campaign doesn't have any initials (eg. CK) in the load list, only the scenario names.
Attachments
kromire.png
kromire.png (59.69 KiB) Viewed 5381 times
Deki

Post by Deki »

Looks very interesting campaign, I will certainly give it a try. Is there any other good campaigns with Era of Myths?
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

None that have survived time that I know of. Count Kromire has an uncompleted sequel that I don't have the time to work on right now. In truth, I'd have a hard time finding it. There was also a kind of strange devilings campaign but I don't think it's lasted.

As a question: Is anyone maintaining this campaign right now and if so is there any progress in the works? If not, I would like to quickly fix things mentioned in the thread do a quick balance test run and release it again. As much is changed with the era it could probably use some polishing. However, I'd also very much rather start with the most updated version rather than ignoring what updates have been made.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."