Count Kromire

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: Count Kromire

Post by Velensk »

I've decided to just update Count Kromire to 1.5 mostly as it is. There are a few problems (Lisaundra needing some luck to survive the upgraded burners no counter for fire elementals). However I can't figure out what to do about it, and I figure that I may as well upload it.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
JW

Post by JW »

Velensk wrote:I've decided to just update Count Kromire to 1.5 mostly as it is. There are a few problems (Lisaundra needing some luck to survive the upgraded burners no counter for fire elementals). However I can't figure out what to do about it, and I figure that I may as well upload it.
The Devling Flyer will be nerfed in the next release when it comes. And just as a side note, the Therian Apprentice will be re-added, but probably highly modified.
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Is it Kromoire, or Kromire? Because in 1.5.10, the addon seems to be Kromoire >_>

Just FYI

EDIT: also, in the text after first scenario, it says
"My ardor was burned strongly" This should either be "My ardor burned Strongly" or "was burning strongly." Was burned means that it had been put out at that time.
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

A nice thing is that I can now adress errors in text to Turuk.

It is Kromire.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

I got this

20090222 14:31:47 error engine: unit of type EOM_Bear Cub not found!
20090222 14:31:48 error general: Error while playing the game: game_error: Unknown unit type 'EOM_Bear Cub'

at the start of Valemoi scenario
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

JW wrote:
Velensk wrote:I've decided to just update Count Kromire to 1.5 mostly as it is. There are a few problems (Lisaundra needing some luck to survive the upgraded burners no counter for fire elementals). However I can't figure out what to do about it, and I figure that I may as well upload it.
The Devling Flyer will be nerfed in the next release when it comes. And just as a side note, the Therian Apprentice will be re-added, but probably highly modified.
Great =)
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

lu_zero wrote:I got this

20090222 14:31:47 error engine: unit of type EOM_Bear Cub not found!
20090222 14:31:48 error general: Error while playing the game: game_error: Unknown unit type 'EOM_Bear Cub'

at the start of Valemoi scenario
I'll fix this. This is another problem that comes from changes in EoM from when the campaign was made to when it was updated. It didn't sound for me because my copy of EoM for 1.5 has the bear.
JW

Post by JW »

Hmm....I could include the bear cub with the dl but leave it outside of the faction. It'd be like a campaign unit then.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Velensk wrote:A nice thing is that I can now adress errors in text to Turuk.

It is Kromire.
I believe he was talking about how it appeared on the add-on server when you went to download it, which is not something I fiddled with, though I do claim responsibility for the was burning bit. It should read "My ardor burned strongly."
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

2 more things:
- coral reef isn't approachable by most of the units, should it be used?
-20090223 00:13:56 error engine: unit of type EOM_Great Wizard not found!
20090223 00:13:56 error general: Error while playing the game: game_error: Unknown unit type 'EOM_Great Wizard'
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

The coral reef thing is a bug in the Era of Myths. I could take it out for now, however hopefully JW will get around to fixing it. (You know in a way I'm glad you reported this, because I experianced it myself, then for some reason it stopped and I wondered if I'd been seeing things before)

I don't know what the problem with the great wizard is. Unlike the bear cub I don't think that JW has removed it from Era of Myths. I didn't experiance that problem myself on my testing.
tomduck

Post by tomduck »

Great Wizard error is from a missing underscore in the "type=EOM_Great_Wizard" in the scenario file - at least from the version I downloaded yesterday. Also, if you advance Kromire to Sire no image shows, error is "mage=" instead of "image=" in the eom unit cfg. (as of eom downloaded a couple of days ago). Corrections attached.
Nice campaign btw :D
Attachments
c3 Sire.zip
(1.22 KiB) Downloaded 448 times
8Return.zip
(3.5 KiB) Downloaded 412 times
WindEnchanter

Post by WindEnchanter »

When my leader upgrade it shows a empty graph, you can still move and attack as it is a unit but it looks like a blank(transparent) object on the screen.
I think it is a bug. I used 1.5.12 version of Battle for Wesnoth.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Yes it's a bug. I will get around to fixing it, and the other ones mentioned (that I can fix) as soon as I'm over this fever and finish catching up on my school work.
Pariah

Post by Pariah »

I just installed Count Kromire from inside the Wesnoth window on Windows XP SP3. Upon trying to launch (after selecting 'easy') I got this error window. Clicking 'okay' does nothing; I had to ctrl+alt+del out of it. I just installed Era of Myths this morning, also from inside Wesnoth
Attachments
Count kromire errer
Count kromire errer