Count Kromire

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Count Kromire

Post by Velensk »

Count Kromire is a complete if unpolished campain 8 combat senarios long (one dialoge senario). It requires Era of Myths to play, and is a vampire campain. It was made on 1.4, so I don't know if it will work on 1.5

The campain is a set-up for another campain that I might start making after I finish polishing up this one, in addition it gives the roots for three other campains (Not including the one I mentioned it as the set-up for) for anyone who wishes to make an Era of Myths campain.

Feedback would be appreciated.

SPOILERS BEGIN HERE

Synopis of senarios gameplay

1st Stealth senario initualy, lvl0/leader tactics near the end.
2nd Senario typical fight between you and two devling opponents
3rd Seanrio fairly typical set-up against one vampire opponent.
4th Senario same map as the 3rd one except backwards leading for diffrnet problems
5th Senario large map with lots of rough terrain with a powerful vampire ally, two elemental enemies and two warg enemies. The vampire ally will betray you near the end of the senario.
6th Senario lots of devling enemies to feed to your new blood hulks
7th Senario dialoge
8th Senario You and an ally against two powerful enemies, partway through they will spawn some peasants which you should try to avoid killing
9th Senario Three powerful enemies and one weak enemy that shows up in the middle against you.

Story summery

The old count kromire was never a powerful or ambitious vampire, and was a bit essentric. He apointed you as his heir because he felt you were the strongest of his fledglings. When the celestial crusaders come knocking he sends you and all his other fledglings off to fight in the field and you do so because he was the person who bit you and you are somewhat bound by his will. In the middle of the fight you no longer feel the compulsion to fight so you realise he was killed. You had fled to battle to find that the celestials with help from the humans you ruled had snuck behind and assassinated him. You run off into the woods and find your fathers formor valet, Igor, there, he swears allegiance to you as the new Count Kromire, and you head off to a realativly weak and defenceless Therian village to the south hoping to get some new minions.

Senario 1: You sneak into the village kill the leader and in the confusion the guards run away thinking it is a larger invasion than it is. You round up some villagers and turn them into blood born. A celestial scouting party comes out of the mountains, you defeat them, and then run away before the main army comes.

Senario 2: You are wandering through the wilderness with your small band, and you happen to come across some devlings who are attacking a windsong Oathkeeper. This is unussual because neither devlings or windsong ussualy travle this part of the world. The Oathkeeper who comes accross as being somewhat arrogent appears to you as a projection and tells you to back off, after some conversation you find that she is here on a quest because the sign written in one of the windsongs books that signals the start of a new age has just happened (the pheonix has flown) and so she is looking for the scroll that actualy explains what that is supposed to mean. You happen to know that the previouse Count Kromire had this scroll and tell her that, then explain that she'd have a hard time getting it because there is a huge celestial army occupieing the area, then you offer to help her remove the celestials from you land. After fighting off the devlings she leaves to pick up an army. You know that you are still in no shape to fight the celestials, and that you need more minions. So you decide to go and attack another vampire lord, to try to wrest his humans from him.

Senario 3: You arrive at the other vampire lords place and beat him up, and because you don't intend to stay, you take your time to turn his entire village into vampires

Senario 4: The therian guard from the first senario figured out what happened, they picked up some of their warg allies and have come to avenge themselves. You don't let them

Senario 5: You go to the last remaining vampire lord with planns to make a bargin (you don't want to fight him because he is very strong) When you get there you find that he has problems that make bargining very easy. Many elementals and warg are attacking him. Elementals rarly form into armies so this is a bit unussual. When you ask them they say that a great darkness is coming to cover the land, and that they want to destroy those who would side with it. The warg are fighting because the elementals asked them to. The vampire lord agrees to help you face the celestials if you will help him fight his foes. Once it looks like his foes are defeated he turns on you and pulls out a small army to help himself with. Once you battle your way to him, he surrenders. After the senario you tell him to serve you or die, after some whimpering and such he teaches your men how to make gargoyals and he makes you three blood hulks.

Senario 6 While walking back towards your castle waiting for the winsong to show up you run into some devlings. A windsong coutier shows up and tells you where to meet your allies after you finish squishing devlings

Senario 7 You meet back up with the Oathkeeper and you both talk about the strange things you've been seeing. The Windsong mentions seeing walking dead which is slightly shocking because necromancy has been lost on this world except mutated forms of it (such as vampires)

Senario 8 You are back at home. The celestials have started construction of a new castle to replace the ruined one you used to live in. You and the windsong attack them. The celestials claim not to know about the scroll when the Oathkeeper demands it from them. After you kill the leader standing on the old castle he destroys the castle to keep you from finding it (he was a wizard). After you finish eradicating the celestials the oathkeeper says that the scroll could not be destroyed by fire, so you direct them to the general area in the castle to start digging and start governering your lands. You want to know what the prophecy says because you think it will explain all the odd things you've been seeing, but you know it will take a long time to dig to it because it was in the deep catacombs.

Senario 9 The celestials reuturn with their latest champian who is a prophet and a seer. He tells you that the world is in to much trouble as it is, without having to worry about upstart vampire lords. He has a very large army with him. You realise that you would not need the scroll if you had his blood, so the objective of the senario is to bite him. The oathkeeper refuses to help you with this senario because she is right above her goal and she knows that the celestials don't dare make enemies with the windsong right now. Shortly after the senario begins the second vampire lord shows up and tries to extract vengence for making him so weak that he could not even control his humans. He is a relativly weak opponent, and it is not nessisary to kill him.

Once you have drunk the prophets blood you start acting a little strangely and you request the windsong record your words (the ones that you claim are written on the scroll) after some talk they agree.

Essteialy the prophecy says
Because this has happened it is a new age. This age will end when this happens.
During this age there will be four "events"
The War of the Dragon
The invasion from the Outlands
The Plauge of the Dragon
and The Empire of the Dragon

for each event it gives a breif description of what it will be, and gives two alternatives for how each will end.

Each one of the "events" is a potential campain. I am planning on working on the War of the Dragon so anyone who would like to use this prophecy as a base should use one of the other events.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
archlich
Location: Deep in an underground bunker in an undisclosed location

Re: Count Kromire

Post by archlich »

I don't know if you fixed this, but when i played, the team colors on the difficulty selection menu were left at magenta. This is a very small flaw, sure, but it speaks to poor programming and for me is a bit of a turn-off, though i intend to judge campaigns by storyline and how fun they were. Maybe the problem was with my computer or you mistyped the team color macro on the main file, but you may want to fix that.

This is also a rather petty flaw, but it is a good idea to end scenarios with some type of dialog. At the end of the first, it just suddenly ended and I wondered, "Why didn't the other celestials fight on? They would've won doing so."

This is from a while back, so it might all be fixed now.

Otherwise it is a good campaign, though I am not a fan of era of myths for various reasons. Just polish it up is all I ask.
"The bombing starts in 5 minutes."- Ronald Wilson Reagan
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I'm pleased to announce that a new version of this campain is done.

The biggest diffrence is your ability to choose wether or not you kill Valemoi or not (both have benifits)

There have been several tweaks to gameplay (Including the celestials in the first senario fighting even after their leader is dead I think), and many spelling fixes (thx to all those who gave feedback on that).

Any other useful feedback would still be appreciated, though I don't have any other major plans for this campain (I'm busy working on the War of the Dragon right now).
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Rookie

Post by Rookie »

Velensk wrote:I'm pleased to announce that a new version of this campain is done.

The biggest diffrence is your ability to choose wether or not you kill Valemoi or not (both have benifits)

There have been several tweaks to gameplay (Including the celestials in the first senario fighting even after their leader is dead I think), and many spelling fixes (thx to all those who gave feedback on that).

Any other useful feedback would still be appreciated, though I don't have any other major plans for this campain (I'm busy working on the War of the Dragon right now).
_main.cfg still contains "Version alpha", and on the add-on list it´s "Beta"
Rookie

Post by Rookie »

Is it possible that the first scenario can´t be won in the current version (Beta)?
I played on easiest, killed the enemy leader(s), and nothing happened. I searched the whole map, but when the turn limit is reached, I fail to complete the scenario.

(Being a big fan of the Vampire faction!)
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

That would be a bug, I'll have to fix (I'll test it today to see what happens on my computer) (as soon as the last celestial dies the senario ought to end).

EDIT: Ok, new version is up, that bug (and the other one) are fixed. The problem was quite simple, when I rewrote the event so that you needed to kill all the Celestials instead of just the leader I forgot to write in the end level tag.

Simply download it again, and try again.
Rookie

Post by Rookie »

Velensk wrote:That would be a bug, I'll have to fix (I'll test it today to see what happens on my computer) (as soon as the last celestial dies the senario ought to end).

EDIT: Ok, new version is up, that bug (and the other one) are fixed. The problem was quite simple, when I rewrote the event so that you needed to kill all the Celestials instead of just the leader I forgot to write in the end level tag.

Simply download it again, and try again.
It works, thanks alot!
JW

Post by JW »

I've gotten halfway through and am really enjoying it. There was one spelling error, but I didn't write it down. One thing you've done an excecllent job with is working in a wide variety of the EoM factions, and you've done it very smoothly. Again, good work!
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Thanks to Turuk (hope I spelled that right) I've released a version with updated dialoge, and a slight increase to dificulty.

As a note for those playing the War of the Dragon campain, I've completed the next two senarios after Battle with the unseen, and done some fairly heavy tweaking with Lisaundras stand (including removing the easy place to hide and the gold bonus for the previouse senario). I'll release the next version after I'm done with the next senario (which will take a long time because that senario is a little complex) and finish testing it again. School has been keeping me busy, but you can expect it before the end of christmas break.
JW

Post by JW »

I really don't know why this thread doesn't have more posts....this is a great campaign that I utterly enjoyed playing. It would be nice to get some EOM portraits for some of the speakers! :)
wanzaa

Post by wanzaa »

i cant find it in the list!!!!!!!!!!! :augh: :augh:

i wana play it rigth now :lol2:
JW

Post by JW »

wanzaa wrote:i cant find it in the list!!!!!!!!!!! :augh: :augh:

i wana play it rigth now :lol2:
If you sort by author look for the name Velensk. Good luck! :)
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

The problem might be that it is not up on 1.5 yet. If you were looking for it on the 1.5 add-on server you will not find it as it is only on 1.4.
Lord_Aether

Post by Lord_Aether »

Do you have plans/ETA for 1.5?
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Mostly I plan to update it to 1.5/1.6. I do not have much in the way of gameplay changes planned except those to compensate for changes made to Era of Myths by JW in 1.6. Also I plan to update my maps to use the new terrain.