Suggestion to polish HttT in-campaign map

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Wesnothian Citizen

Suggestion to polish HttT in-campaign map

Post by Wesnothian Citizen »

1) The golden dot representing the route taken somehow hard to see / not eye catching.

Can we add in a small red "explosion bubble" with scenario number inside just beside each golden battle icons?

The red explosion bubble is better to mean a "fighting event" and the number should be nice to describe which number of scenario on the particular location that map.

2) On the top-left corner, it is used to display current scenario name. Can we add a, let say "2/25" just in front of the "Blackwater Port" during the 2nd scenario?

The number is very nice and useful to remind players on their current progress for the campaign.

I.e if it show "24/25" the player better do the last things he wanted to do as the campaign is going to finish...
turin
Lord of the East

Re: Suggestion to polish HttT in-campaign map

Post by turin »

Wesnothian Citizen wrote:1) The golden dot representing the route taken somehow hard to see / not eye catching.
Agreed.
Wesnothian Citizen wrote:2) On the top-left corner, it is used to display current scenario name. Can we add a, let say "2/25" just in front of the "Blackwater Port" during the 2nd scenario?
That's rather difficult, since campaigns aren't set lengths - there could be branches, or loops, or even weird stuff like the Ka'lian scenario in TROW...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Wesnothian Citizen

Post by Wesnothian Citizen »

Thx turin,

If I am correct HttT campaign branch is simpler.(total is same)

We think this good, I suggest branch number such as 7/25 to 8a/25 or 8b/25 than to 9/25
wsultzbach

Post by wsultzbach »

Wesnothian Citizen wrote:If I am correct HttT campaign branch is simpler.(total is same)
It seems to me like that's something that would have to be implemented into the entire game engine rather than just a specific campaign. That might be difficult to do on other campaigns.
What's this annoying thing that appears at the bottom of every one of my posts?