The Griffoon Lads (updates on first page V. 0.9.2.2 out now!

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Ok I've double checked , than checked again all the names and files. Here is my latest version, and I still can't get it to work... I'm getting desperate.. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Last edited by gotrek860 on January 27th, 2008, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

This looks a bit suspicious:

Code: Select all

map_data="{campaigns/Griffoon_Lads/maps/Venise3}"{~campaigns/Griffoon_Lads/venise3}
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

I found that in the wiki? how should I formulate it?
I tried copying directly the map data in the" scenario cfg", but the game still freezes when I try to run the campaign...
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

OK I4ve llooked through different scenarios and how they dealt with the "map_data= " type lines and tried different options still I get the same thing. The campaign is in the game, it shows Easy, Normal and Hard than when I click the game crashes...
I'm lost for answers, I checked and double checked everything.
It must be somthing in my cfg files... but what? no idea.
I kept things easy, the only excentricity is the dialogs.
Last edited by gotrek860 on January 28th, 2008, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
db0

Post by db0 »

Follow the good old coding moto. Start cutting until only the essentials are left. If it works then start adding in the things you cut one by one until you find the problem
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Ok I took model from the Rise of Wesnoth scenarios for structure, I cut evrything out leaving just the map and the sides. Giving each side a peasant as leader and a peasant to recruit and still it doesn't work.
My campaign cfg seems to work but the scenarios seems to completely crash, I wonder if it could be my map file?
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Ok new episode in my struggles. zookeeper hinted on madata line...and I think that was the problem , because I used the lines from "Son of the Black Eye, and only changed the amap , and oh miracle it worked.

So Thanks to The guy who made "Son of the Black Eye" and thanks for your answers, with a bit of luck, my campaign will work very soon...I keep my fingers crossed very hard.
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

And finally what , you have been waiting for (well not really) the Griffoon Lads campaign's first working scenario!

Please try it and tell me what I should change.

Notes: I use the Son of the Balack eye campaign as bases, so if you know who made it, please give me his email , so I can let him know I'm using it , just out of politeness.

Jaghuar is meant to be a human in the campaign but I haven't found a fitting unit yet, so I'm using Kapoue for the moment.

In the first scenario the tavern (player base) is meant to go after dawn ends, so try limiting yourself to three turns of recruiting to play the map as intended. I'll inlcude it later on when I'm more of a WML master than the complete apprentice I am now.
Last edited by gotrek860 on January 27th, 2008, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
l'ultimo cruco

Post by l'ultimo cruco »

gotrek860 wrote:And finally what , you have been waiting for (well not really) the Griffoon Lads campaign's first working scenario!
For which version of BfW is this one intended/tested?
In BfW 1.3.14 I get the following message after choosing the difficulty:
Attachments
Battle for WesnothScreenSnapz001.jpg
Battle for WesnothScreenSnapz001.jpg (8.45 KiB) Viewed 3716 times
Unnheulu

Post by Unnheulu »

l'ultimo cruco wrote:
gotrek860 wrote:And finally what , you have been waiting for (well not really) the Griffoon Lads campaign's first working scenario!
For which version of BfW is this one intended/tested?
In BfW 1.3.14 I get the following message after choosing the difficulty:
Its a 1.2.x map.
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

yes sorry I forgot to mention it's for 1.2 and up.

The maps have no extension, but maybe by adding .map to the map name, the file will work...I do not know.
But It works on 1.2.X .
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Ok I made a second scenario , but I'm not going to release it just yet, because in the first the AI is a bit too easy and in the second I want the gold to go back to zero. Hope I can do something about that soon.
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Hello , for anyone who was or will be intersted in this campaign (over optimism here) , I'm switching to 1.3.14, since the map editor has some nice features for cities, and since it's the way of the future.
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Ok to keep anyone interested up to date. I have done 4 playable scenarios so far and 1 story telling scenario.
They all work pretty fine, just a few changes to be made in coming days.

I'm not going to tell the story, since it is quite well explained in detail in the actual campaign.

Features of the campaign:

A city setting.
Going from the swamps slums to the rich parts of the city.
Limited gold for every scenario, very little carryover bonus.
And a recruiting limit based on two facts: the tavern's closing hours and the workforce availability.

Programming problems: the recruit limitation hasn't been sorted yet. And the ai on easy is very very easy....

Hopefully tomorrow or tonight I'll upload the campaign ina very playable version. .
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Here is the first version of the Griffoon Lads campaign.
5 scenarios so far.

you can try it in it's current state. I suggest playing on normal or difficult. Since easy , is really easy.

Please give me some feedback.
It works on 1.3.14
As noted before I used TSOBE heavily as a model. though it is completely different thing...

Mped Taurus to let him know.
Attachments
Griffoon_Lads.tar
(597.79 KiB) Downloaded 173 times