1.4 Bad Moon Rising (obsolete)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

GofioPower

Re: 1.4 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (0.2.5 - 15 scenarios)

Post by GofioPower »

Doofus-01,

While playing "Old Friend", on turn 7, when I click with my mouse to clear this text from Scarrion, "Ah, do I hear something?" the game crashes with the following message:

Game_error: Tipo de unidad desconocido "Primeval Swift"

Tipo de unidad desconocido means Unknowing unit.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Argh, I thought I'd tested that. I'll fix it in the next release, that'll be some time in the next 48 hrs.

If you want to fix it before then, you can edit the file:
[wesnoth_userdata]/campaigns/Bad_Moon_Rising/scenarios/M_Home2.cfg

(for linux, "[wesnoth_userdata]" is "~/.wesnoth/data", not sure about mac and windows. )

and change "Swift" to "Swiftfoot" at line 530:

Code: Select all

[unit]
type=Primeval Swiftfoot
side=2
Broken campaigns are annoying. Sorry about that.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

0.2.6 is uploaded. Very few changes, just addressed the issues GofioPower pointed out.
GofioPower

Re: 1.4 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (0.2.6 - 15 scenarios)

Post by GofioPower »

Thanks for the quick update Doofus-01.

I didn't have the time until today to play again the campaign, so the update came in the right time for me.

About the broken campaigns and your apologizes, I suppose is a hard work to create one campaign and maintain it (for free) so...who we are to complain about it? Don't apologize for that. :wink:

Is good enough that you find the time to do it, because that means hours of entertainment for us...many thanks for that.
Zwingli

Post by Zwingli »

I am running version 1.4 on mac osx 10.5.2. On Bad Moon Rising part 2 I recieve the following error message when trying to load a saved game from scenarios entitled "Chase" and "The Pit." "load_game_failed: Attempt to create a unit on the recall list for side 2, which does not have a recall list."
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Strange, I'll look into it. Could you post the save files?

EDIT: Those scenarios loaded fine for me. Maybe they were old save files.
Last edited by doofus-01 on May 18th, 2008, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

0.2.7 is now on the server.

There are some graphics improvements and I added some notes to the objectives, to avoid any confusion.

A first pass at Part III is also included. It is an attempt at something different, kind of like Saving Elensefar.
Zwingli

Re: 1.4 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (0.2.7 - 15 scenarios)

Post by Zwingli »

I have tried to upload the file and I keep getting a message from the bulletin board that "the extension is not allowed."

Additionally, I don't know what you mean by "old save files." I have added on the 2.7 update and still get the same "Attempt to create a unit on the recall list for side 2, which does not have a recall list" message. I tried the same scenarios on the pc with the same version of Wesnoth and it won't open saved games on these scenarios either. Is there some other add-on I need? I hate to trouble you with all of this but I have enjoyed your work so far and want to see how your story ends. This has become a favorite campaign for me and I'd hate to let it fade away here without knowing how the story ends.

EDIT: I totally feel like a doofus so I feel you are incorrectly labled here.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Zwingli,

There shouldn't be any other add-ons required. Older versions did use Extended Era, are the saved games from an older version of BMR? I have old save files from early April that still load, and I can debug :n through the latest version and load every scenario, so I'm stumped without looking at your saved game files. It's strange that the board won't let you post .gz files, it used to be possible. Try PMing them to me.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I just realized 0.2.7 has a fairly big bug: the protagonist would be stuck at level 2. So 0.2.8 has just gone up to the server.
docrock

Re: 1.4 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (0.2.8 ~ 30 scenarios)

Post by docrock »

just did a virgin install of the current version of your campaign on bfw 1.4.2 with current extended era. from second level on ukian unit graphics are not shown and from the beginning on the map stuff and interlude graphics do look like some kinda binary garbage. maybe someone was overdoing it with optimization of png coz even my graphics softwares installed can't make sense of those files. or maybe my vista64 is broken again(tm).
Postings may contain traces of sense.
The ministry of health warns:
Living is dangerous to your health and may finally result in death.
You are a Dwarvish Berserker: you're freaking crazy and enjoy it. (100% ...)
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.4 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (0.3.2 ~ 30 scenarios)

Post by doofus-01 »

As anyone reading this should know the the website and forums server went down, many posts here got lost. So some of the above comments are out of date, but this campaign is still being worked upon.
Mellor

Bad Moon Rising 0.3.2 -- Payback and blocking tunnels

Post by Mellor »

Interesting campaign. The switches in character type are very engaging.

In "Paypack," I have been unable to block the side tunnels, as Scarrion suggests. Scenario problem or my idiocy?
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.4 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising (0.3.2 ~ 30 scenarios)

Post by doofus-01 »

Mellor,

You should be able to close the tunnels by moving one of your units next to a rock, on the opposite side from where the rock would need to move to block the tunnel (pretend they're pushing it). If that is not working, something is wrong. It used to work.
macherb

Re: 1.4 Campaign: Bad Moon Rising III (horses)

Post by macherb »

Hi,

In the scenario horses Belleros should steel horses. stand-alone horses are mounted by the "attacking" unit. But how to get the horses of hostile mounted units. The hint-text is not clear for me (perhaps my English is too bad). For me it sounds as if my unit should attack a hostile mounted unit and when this unit dies, my attacking unit will be mounted. But what means "move next to it"? If a unit attacks another one, it has to move next to it. What happened, when my unit killed an enemy was that the enemy simple disappears (even when surrounded by other units).
So, what's the right method?

Thanks
macherb