Flight to Freedom (drake campaign)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

bignall

Post by bignall »

I'm playing version 3.3 . Just downloaded off the campaign server on Thursday or Friday. Playing on easy. Game version 1.2.1

Thanks for the help!
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

bignall wrote:I'm playing version 3.3 . Just downloaded off the campaign server on Thursday or Friday. Playing on easy. Game version 1.2.1

Thanks for the help!
Can you send me any savegames you might have of Exodus, Blockade and Return to Morogor?
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
bignall

Post by bignall »

MadMax wrote:
bignall wrote:I'm playing version 3.3 . Just downloaded off the campaign server on Thursday or Friday. Playing on easy. Game version 1.2.1

Thanks for the help!
Can you send me any savegames you might have of Exodus, Blockade and Return to Morogor?
I tried to PM you, but it wouldn't let me add the attachments.
Here's turn 30 of Exodus, 12 of Blockade and the beginning of Reutrn to Morogor and the first AutoSave. Thanks for looking into it!
Attachments
Morogor.zip
(187.08 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

This should fix it.
Attachments
Return_to_Morogor.cfg
(2.03 KiB) Downloaded 316 times

bignall

Post by bignall »

MadMax wrote:This should fix it.
Thanks! That did it.
Marcis

Re: Flight to Freedom (drake campaign)

Post by Marcis »

Hi MadMax

I think there is a pb with the upgrade system on this campaign v3.3 (I'm playing with Wesnoth v1.22)

Once my unit upgrades to Level 4 , the Armageddon Drake has no more avatar :cry: ?
Could you fix this issue please ?

Btw, one of the best campaign I have ever played :wink:
MadMax

Re: Flight to Freedom (drake campaign)

Post by MadMax »

Marcis wrote:Hi MadMax

I think there is a pb with the upgrade system on this campaign v3.3 (I'm playing with Wesnoth v1.22)

Once my unit upgrades to Level 4 , the Armageddon Drake has no more avatar :cry: ?
Could you fix this issue please ?

Btw, one of the best campaign I have ever played :wink:
If you are talking about the profile image, the attachment will fix it, although it will use the same profile as the burner, fire drake and inferno drake.
Attachments
Drake_Armageddon.cfg
(5.42 KiB) Downloaded 223 times

Nova

Post by Nova »

I've decided that Underground is completely unbeatable in 45 turns. This puzzled me for a while, as I've gotten past it before, and then I figured it out. There are brick-road type tiles (Dark Tiles, it calls them) that probably make travel a lot quicker. I kinda thought they were walls, reinforced by the fact that they're completely impassible for all units.

I have to assume it's a 1.3.1 conflict. I was an early adapter, and there have been a few bumps along the way.

I have some ideas for pictures, but all of a sudden I have a huge job running the tech for a film festival, and my Wesnoth-time has decreased dramatically.

I haven't forgotten, though!
"Never underestimate the power of the fish rush." "I don't think nagas are fish." "Fish Rush!"
---
Flight to Freedom: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=690
Co-Author, Maintainer
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Nova wrote:I've decided that Underground is completely unbeatable in 45 turns. This puzzled me for a while, as I've gotten past it before, and then I figured it out. There are brick-road type tiles (Dark Tiles, it calls them) that probably make travel a lot quicker.
They do (at least in theory).
Nova wrote:I have to assume it's a 1.3.1 conflict. I was an early adapter, and there have been a few bumps along the way.
It probably is. Internally, the dark tiles are coded as an alias of the road terrain, and 1.3.1 probably breaks terrain aliases. I do have a 1.3.1-compatible version of FtF on my hard drive, but I need to test it further before I can release it (and, hopefully, incorporate the secret room in Manor).
Nova wrote:I have some ideas for pictures, but all of a sudden I have a huge job running the tech for a film festival, and my Wesnoth-time has decreased dramatically.
Good luck with the festival!
Nova wrote:I haven't forgotten, though!
Thanks!

Marcis

Post by Marcis »

MadMax wrote: Drake_Armageddon.cfg
Return_to_Morogor.cfg
This should fix it.
You are fast :wink:
These patches work like a charm.

I must lead my Malakar and his Drake tribe to freedom now - See you later :P
Thank you very much MadMax.
Nova

Post by Nova »

Any progress on 1.3.1 compatiblility or script extraction? I've got a little downtime, now and again, and I can only check my email so many thousand times. I demand Wesnoth to fill the void!

:D
"Never underestimate the power of the fish rush." "I don't think nagas are fish." "Fish Rush!"
---
Flight to Freedom: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=690
Co-Author, Maintainer
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Nova wrote:Any progress on 1.3.1 compatiblility or script extraction? I've got a little downtime, now and again, and I can only check my email so many thousand times. I demand Wesnoth to fill the void!

:D
I threw together a simple C++ program that will extract messages from WML files (actually, it looks for the string "message=" and extracts whatever is between the next pair of quotation marks that it finds). It takes two arguments: the source file (one file at a time only) and the destination for the extracted strings. However, my C++ skills are extremely limited, and I cannot guarantee that it will work. Also, it's probably very inefficient.

With 1.3.1 compatibility, I have a 1.3.1-compatible branch of FtF, but I need to test it more extensively before I release it.
Attachments
extract.cpp
(1.83 KiB) Downloaded 221 times

Sly

Post by Sly »

I'm currently playing FtF for the first time and I have a like it a lot :wink:

I encountered but one problem : the event "collapsing bridge" in Landfall make me loose :shock:
And there is no warning or mention of the bridge possibly collapsing :(

So I had to restart the scenario :o
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Sly wrote:I'm currently playing FtF for the first time and I have a like it a lot :wink:

I encountered but one problem : the event "collapsing bridge" in Landfall make me loose :shock:

Both Kogw and the Unforgiver are vulnerable to the bridge, although Malakar is not, because he's a flying unit. If you keep Kogw off of the bridge until its collapse, you'll be OK.

Sly

Post by Sly »

MadMax wrote:
Sly wrote:I'm currently playing FtF for the first time and I have a like it a lot :wink:

Both Kogw and the Unforgiver are vulnerable to the bridge, although Malakar is not, because he's a flying unit. If you keep Kogw off of the bridge until its collapse, you'll be OK.
Yeah I discovered, but as there is no warning you can lose juste for moving a unit not knowingly. I think it's a bit harsh :wink: