Flight to Freedom (drake campaign)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Version 1.1.2, and FtF for it..

That River of Skulls level is REALLY hard.

I don't know if you actually placed some signs with those rock golems like you said you would, the only one I saw said "Storeroom"..

With so few villages meaning very little healing this level is really tough. underground, lawful drakes against dwarves with good resistances is REALLY hard.

So far I've played 'til turn 50 and I think I've been stuck for like 20 turns in two passages of which I don't even know which leads to the open air..

EDIT: ok, I cheated and used debug mode to find out the right passage. I ran straight for it with a strong amount of troops. There's still that one-hex passage that is impossible to beat. I say you should either restrict the amount of guardsmen they can recruit or something. The scenario would be a lot more fun without them; they ONLY slow the game down here, the AI doesn't really use them for anything tactical, or, well, kind of they do.. They can block a passage with them for an infinite amount of time. None of my units can kill one of them in a turn, or even two.
ozean

Post by ozean »

MadMax, I strongly have to agree here. I haven't used the debug mode yet but I played this level once to turn 100, several times to something between 30 and 60, and now once again to 78. I know which way to take, I have a pretty strong force, and I have to admit that I reloaded _a lot_ (which isn't fun at all) – but still, no way to go :(

The level is too long to be that hard. Playing more than 50 turns and finding yourself much too far away from solving it is a really frustrating (and time-sucking) experience.
D.F.

Post by D.F. »

I have to agree, too- lots of L3 drakes, 10 Drakes Slaves (or what's their name) of level 2 (who are neutral)... But I am owned all the time.
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

To be honest, I entirely forgot about the signs :oops:

I am uploading a modified .cfg that will disable the dwarves from recruiting guardsmen.

Also, if anyone's interested, PM me and I will send you the map (with the new [map] tag).
Attachments
River_Skulls.cfg
(9.25 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

MadMax wrote:To be honest, I entirely forgot about the signs :oops:

I am uploading a modified .cfg that will disable the dwarves from recruiting guardsmen.

Also, if anyone's interested, PM me and I will send you the map (with the new [map] tag).
Ok, thanks a lot.

I'll try this .cfg and see how it works.
Fynmiir

Post by Fynmiir »

I tried the new .cfg and still thought the level was somewhat difficult. (On medium). A suggestion would be to put some of the dwarves on different teams.
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Fynmiir wrote:I tried the new .cfg and still thought the level was somewhat difficult. (On medium). A suggestion would be to put some of the dwarves on different teams.
Do you mean infighting?

Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Question: is there any actual point to fighting in the very first scenario? Do you get anything for resisting other then a long casualty list?
Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

No answer? Is this the wrong thread...?
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Yes, this is the right thread. In answer to your question, there is no point in fighting out the first scenario. It is purely a plot device.

Zhukov
Art Contributor

Post by Zhukov »

Ok, thanks.
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

3.2 is on the campaign server. It should be (almost) fully compatible with 1.18, but I can't guarantee that every animation will work right. I have also made balancing changes up until Exodus (level 16), but the cave levels are still buggy.

Any feedback is appreciated!

ozean

Post by ozean »

Good to hear that there is some progress again :)

Looking forward to finally finishing the campaign when the cave levels are improved a bit further :wink:
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

The cave levels should be reasonably balanced. What I meant by buggy is that the WML scripting has some bugs. But, the campaign should at least function up until the end.

Dreadclaw

Post by Dreadclaw »

Somehow i managed to push my way through (reloading, running...basically getting there 2 turns before time) through the river of skulls... now i'm in rockfall... and no matter what i do, on turn 4 i hear some earthquake sound, my guy yells AAAAGH and i lose... what should i do?!?! HELP me, i'm completely lost.

It says i should exit the cave then destroy the rocks. I tried destroying the rocks on turn 3 (about 1 hour of reloading and such)...didn't help. I tried not touching the rocks... didn't help.. I'm lost!