Abandoned Add-ons - Need Maintainers - Open to Anyone

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

opensourcejunkie

Re: Abandoned campaigns you can take over and work on

Post by opensourcejunkie »

There are a bunch around from what I hear; unfortunately I haven't been around long enough to know them, sorry. I do, however, know of a campaign that seems promising, but has stalled somewhat. The campaign is called Eclipse of Hope, and is being worked on by Gedankenschinder.

At this point, G-schinder has decided to slow down on development of the actual campaign while he works on development of the campaign art. So, if you want a campaign that has guaranteed custom art, has an interesting plot line, and some cool scenarios already coded, you might think about asking Gedankenschinder if you could pair up with him and code the next scenarios. Of course, the obvious downside is not having complete control over the campaign, but two heads are better than one (except on lizards. that's just ugly).

For the record, I didn't ask G-schinder if he'd like help, but I can't imagine him turning it down :-).
--OSJ
what if the Bible's claims about Christ depicted accurate, verifiable history? given some research, you might be surprised at the evidence...
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

I was about to say the same as OSJ. If you take a bit of time and read back through the Scenario and Campaign Development forum, you'll find a number of stalled or half-finished campaigns which have been left to sit because their creator either does not have the time to finish them, hit a snag, has moved on to something else, or has left the forum completely.

While in some of those cases you are out of luck about getting the files, often times you can find it on the add-on server or in the thread itself. Failing that, you can message the individual and ask them about their progress on the campaign, if they plan on finishing it, and if you can help/finish it yourself.

You'd be surprised at the number of people who would love to see their campaign idea brought to fruition, even if they are not the ones to finish it. Not to mention, as OSJ said, some campaigns often end up being a collaboration of effort between a number of users.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Kobold

Post by Kobold »

Hey, I published one called "Postman's Tale" a long long time ago.
I still have most of the file (they run under 1.4.6)

here is the download link

I would be happy to improve / continue the story, if anyone feels interested...
kob
docrock

Post by docrock »

I published one called "Postman's Tale" a long long time ago.
yes, i remember that one, just downloaded it and started playing again, quite innovative for it's time i would say.
I would be happy to improve / continue the story, if anyone feels interested...
i'd suggest you start a new thread in this forum then, like "The Postman is back" or something ...
i can do playtesting, but due to time issues no coding, maps, art or the like.
Postings may contain traces of sense.
The ministry of health warns:
Living is dangerous to your health and may finally result in death.
You are a Dwarvish Berserker: you're freaking crazy and enjoy it. (100% ...)
Kobold

Post by Kobold »

hmmm... it's not that I don't enjoy designing scenarios, it's just that I can't spend all the time having fun.
:eng:

Anyway, the tale is almost finished : it just requires one or two scenarios to be completed.
I could just do it myself, but help would be great.

(as for a reminder, the story stopped when Luke and Bradpy had got ridden of the orc incursion in Glyn's Forest and were going each on a separate way)
Bradpy (the hero) was staying to help rebuild the Ent and Wose magical kingdom.

(we also learned during this last episode that the evil sorceror Mal-Sakkat was not dead at all)

Any suggestions for a dramatic final scenario would be appreciated.
kob
docrock

Post by docrock »

Anyway, the tale is almost finished
well, right, i am still of the opinion that if you want help for that particular campaign you would be better off in an own thread. but what gives. some things i noticed:
- i am missing some unit graphics (icons) on BfW 1.4.6
- AMLA does not work as expected, some units just don't, some do but don't heal (which i think is the intended behaviour by now)
- levelling would be nice for the postman (so to say, a lvl3 unit of it)

as for final scenarios:
- well, there we got some heroes, an evil undead leader, some woses (ent) and some now-freed ogres running around in those woods together with a load of orcs, horsemen and maybe an intervention force from the queen (which at this time already should be informed of what is going on)
- so, what about a 3-sided setup, say for example hero+ent vs. wildlife+ogres vs. undead+orcs, with a serious advantage on the side of the undead and orcs and a map that gives wildlife+ogres a chance, then say the undead leader during battle treasons the orcs after the first orc leader dies (not helping him getting out but instead making him a wc for example while laughing maniacally) and the orcs break alliance with the undead standing on their own now, soon after shock-troopers, swordsmen and white mages from the queen arrive and the undead leader gets a massive gold boost telling stuff like "thought you get me that easily? ha, i still got lots of minions to waste on you, muahahaha" sending in dark woses and ghost-type units and maybe some elite skeletons while the orcs frantically try to get out by spamming goblins. map would have to be accordingly, say some wood, lots of plain around the player, some mountains for the orcs and wildlife and ogres to hide in and maybe some swamp where the undead come from, a river to separate forces and give a certain fighting order and a big road on which the queen's forces arrive from.

just my two cents of coz.
Postings may contain traces of sense.
The ministry of health warns:
Living is dangerous to your health and may finally result in death.
You are a Dwarvish Berserker: you're freaking crazy and enjoy it. (100% ...)
Muse_Of_Fire

Post by Muse_Of_Fire »

Anybody need dialogue, or storyline, or anything involving the English language and a story?

Send me a PM--I'll be happy to help!
opensourcejunkie

Post by opensourcejunkie »

Eclipse of Hope (linked in my above post) has some pretty awkward English that could definitely use a makeover.
what if the Bible's claims about Christ depicted accurate, verifiable history? given some research, you might be surprised at the evidence...
Hannibal Barca

Post by Hannibal Barca »

If there is an abandoned campaign, I am willing to take a crack at it....

Thanks!
Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

I have had a quick read through of all the posts and i don't think i saw Illain the Illisionist, it was something like that. I really enjoyed that campaign i think the last version i saw was on 1.2. Anyone know if it is still around?
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

I would say no, I could not find it on the 1.2 server.

http://www.wesnoth.org/addons/1.2

You can hope someone might have a copy sitting around somewhere though? Low chance, but it's happened before that people have some of the older addons.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

Ah it is called Illusion Campaign. I downloaded quite a lot on my old versions of Wesnoth which are all on an old computer. I have put them all onto a memory stick and the ones i found which i haven't seen on this list are:

Adventure of Soul Keeper - 2 scenarios
Angels Fear To Tread - 5 or more i think
Collect the Source = 1 scenario
Despair and Decay = Undead Campaign
Illusion Campaign = was complete i think

Does anyone want the files? If you want i can give you a more in depth description.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

If you can PM me about getting the files, I will take them. I keep all of the add-on content in separate folders on my computer(apart from the userdata) for in the future when people have questions like yours, but I do not have some of the older content.
Hannibal Barca

Post by Hannibal Barca »

I have to say sorry for such a noob post. Can I claim sickness?

After paying attention to the thread; I didn't see final claim over Elves and Wose

If this is still available; I would like to give it a go.

Problem is I don't see the files anywhere and I get disconnect messages for trying to connect to the 1.0 server(I even tried the add-ons name).

Thanks!
Hannibal Barca

Post by Hannibal Barca »

Hannibal Barca wrote:I have to say sorry for such a noob post. Can I claim sickness?

After paying attention to the thread; I didn't see final claim over Elves and Wose

If this is still available; I would like to give it a go.

Problem is I don't see the files anywhere and I get disconnect messages for trying to connect to the 1.0 server(I even tried the add-ons name).

Thanks!
Thanks to Turuk's efforts; I have the files for "Elves and Wose"

I will start updating it.....