Imperial Era Campaign: Alfhelm the Wise

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

l'ultimo cruco

Post by l'ultimo cruco »

turin wrote:OK, I've released a new version...
Hmmm, nice the long awaited Marauder campaign by Turin :)

Unfortunately, when I've tried to load it with the last version of BfW (1.3.6), latest campaign version (1.1/18.07.07) and latest imperial era version, it always gives me an error message (see attachment) after choosing the difficulty level:

And then quits the campaign, saying: "unknown scenario 1_1 the seeress"

Looking forward to the fix.
Attachments
Battle for WesnothScreenSnapz002.jpg
Battle for WesnothScreenSnapz002.jpg (45.43 KiB) Viewed 5600 times
hjwn

Post by hjwn »

As I have written in the message before yours, there is a missing "[/item]" in the file "2_1_Through_the_Mountains.cfg". Just open a text editor, fill it in (it is easy to spot), reload wesnoth and start the campaign.
just blame it on the rng when you lose
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

And here's a fix. :P Along with a completed Part II. Well, "completed".

0.2.0 Released. It contains a fix for that bug you mentioned as well as a working Part II. If you already played Part I to completion, just load your Epilogue savegame and it will take you to Part II this time instead of sending you to the end credits.

I already have all of the maps done for Part III, as you can see if you decide to explore the directory structure of the campaign, but I only have the introductory talking scenario done, which you can see the same way you could have gotten to part II under the previous release - edit the 2_Epilogue.cfg file and uncomment the #next_scenario= line.

Note that the game might crash when you get to 2.3t if you don't install the newest version of the Imperial Era, which I just released.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
multilis

Can't reach epilogue

Post by multilis »

I have finished Wylfingdom, and it saves the replay, then says "can't save game" and basically crashes.
Attachments
Wylflingdom_Turn_10_bs.zip
Crashes on finishing the scenario
(22.96 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
turin
Lord of the East

Re: Can't reach epilogue

Post by turin »

multilis wrote:I have finished Wylfingdom, and it saves the replay, then says "can't save game" and basically crashes.
Very strange... did you restart scenario Wylflingdom with the new version? It might not work correctly unless you play the scenario from the beginning-of-scenario save.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
multilis

re: crash

Post by multilis »

entire scenario/campaign played using version 1.36 of Wesnoth.

I tried using debug and looking at stderr log but don't notice anything useful.
turin
Lord of the East

Re: re: crash

Post by turin »

multilis wrote:entire scenario/campaign played using version 1.36 of Wesnoth.

I tried using debug and looking at stderr log but don't notice anything useful.
Strange. It's definitely pointing to the right scenario, which means the problem is with loading the epilogue... could you post the stderr, ,even if it doesn't look useful?
The World of Orbivm
multilis

stderr.txt

Post by multilis »

As requested, uploaded is the stderr.txt, which seems useless.

I had in a previous post uploaded a non-binary saved game compressed with zip on last turn of scenario before problem.

I think next approach is to hack and slash the saved game and the next scenario till problem goes away to identify it, perhaps even changing order of scenarios. I can try when I have time.
Attachments
stderr.txt
(1.48 KiB) Downloaded 381 times
curveclimber

Alfheim Campaign

Post by curveclimber »

I have tried almost every campaign on the server and I think this is probably the best. You have an interesting story and match scenarios to the story that make sense. But I think the key accomplishment is, just when I had maxed all my core units or thought a scenario was another battle versus the same unit types, you threw a twist that would challenge me.

I finished the 2 parts on medium difficulty. Only criticisms: the unit graphics don't seem as polished as the mainline (harder for me to distinguish what some of them represent) and the sabotage scenario in the city, while interesting, was a bit easy.

Thanks for your work. Looking forward to the last installment.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Thanks.

With regards to the unit graphics; I agree they are often a bit indistinct. They've very old (two years or so, by my count), and they need improvement and tcolorization.

The sabotage scenario could certainly be more interesting; I'm going to work on it some more once I get part III done to my satisfaction, since that scenario is really not integral to the balance of the campaign (you only have the opportunity to level Alfhelm, who's probably at level 3 already or close to it, and some boatsmen units, who aren't very useful later on in the campaign; and gold is, or is supposed to be, irrelevant, with the same gold you had at the beginning at the end.)
The World of Orbivm
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

OK, so... I'm done-ish with part III, but I'm at school and the firewall blocks the Wesnoth add-on server. So I'm reduced to uploading it to googlepages and linking to it. ASAP I'm going to get somewhere where I can use the server, but until then, this should work. I don't think it requires the newest version of the Imperial Era to work. If so, that's a problem, because I can't yet release the newest version of that either, except by uploading it to googlepages or somesuch. I'll probably do that anyway sometime in the next few days.

Well, that's the situation. Without further ado, the latest version of the campaign.
The World of Orbivm
Tom of wesnoth

Post by Tom of wesnoth »

Ive played this it is good but like all impireal era campains i can only complete the first scenario...
If i could i would turn into a world ruler!
Urs
Art Contributor

Post by Urs »

Tom of Wesnoth wrote:Ive played this it is good but like all imperial era campaigns i can only complete the first scenario...
Why? A bug or because it's too difficult? If it's a bug make sure you have:
a) the latest version of wesnoth
b) the latest version of Alfheim
c) the latest Imperial Era.
FireMaster

Post by FireMaster »

When I play it it says: Unknown Scenario 1_1_The_Seeress
Just because I'm a master of fire doesn't mean I'll light your "uber candle"
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Yeah, there's a bug in the version currently on the server. I have a fix, but I can't upload it b/c of my school's firewall. If someone else (urs?) wants to do it I can send them the pbl file, passphrase, etc. It's pretty easy to figure out how to do.
The World of Orbivm