The Dark Hordes rise from the dead....again

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

joedalton

Re: The Dark Hordes rise from the dead....again

Post by joedalton »

Hi i did a danish translation of The Dark Horde, 3 years ago. Has it disappeared?

bye
Joe
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

All translation files still exist, the problem is getting wesnoth to read them properly.

Take a look here, it's full of MO files, but they seem to be completely ignored by wesnoth. (and by the script that sends them to berlios)

I'm looking for a way to save these old translations, if possible...
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

If the POs are lost, you can use msgunfmt(1) to make a basic set by uncompiling the MOs. You'll lose all metadata (comments) that way, though. But it can give you an idea of what was there, I guess.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

The POs are still on wescamp in a different directory, I'll ask torangan to fix it.
joedalton

Post by joedalton »

Thanx, the file went in, and i have made an update.
bye
Joe
Vendanna

Post by Vendanna »

Hi! I finished playing the dark hordes on normal difficulty on battle for wesnoth 1.5.8

I wanted to give some feedback related to the level of the swamp (where you can only recruit Walking Corpses).

First, the level tells you to go where the book is, and while I understood where I should go, I think that putting an actual book item rather than an hex of forests would be a better indication of where you should look for.

Second, the castle its really huge, allowing you to recruit a ton of corpses I didn't had a problem on medium, don't know how will be on hard (I entered the level with like 1000+ gold)

Third, mass recruiting of walking corpses takes a while (especially 2 full castle recruits), since you cannot recruit different units, this is a good place to inform as a *note of autor: You can repeat recruit with "Control + R + Enter"* in order to make the initial recruit faster for the user.

Thank you for the campaign.
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Added for EASY only: r3478
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

New release! The first TDH release for the 1.6 series, version 0.6.1 is now on the 1.6 add-on server and on sourceforge.

The changes were mainly graphical, the recolours for the Gwiti's unit line by Orcish Shyde were finished and all portraits were transparentized.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

I hope I reanimate The Dark Hordes by this act of necromancy(or,alternativly,will it be actualized to 1.8?)
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

AAAAAARRRGGG just reviving a year old topic isn't going to get people to start working on this again!!! If they were, they would have posted themselves!!! AAAAARRGG
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Sorry dude, posting in a year-old topic isn't gonna get anyone workin' on this. If you like the campaign so much, why not finish/update/otherwise work on the campaign yourself? Starting the resurrection of the campaign yourself is really the only way anyone else is gonna bother working on it. If you'd really like to see this campaign finished/updated for 1.8, my advice is to learn WML if you haven't, and start working on finishing it yourself and post what you accomplish. That's honestly the only way anything's gonna happen to this add-on, unless a minor major miracle occurs.
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I played the dark hordes up to scenario 9 but when is it going to finished?
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

I think it's abandoned. If you want it finished, someone will have to take over.
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

I'm working on it in wesnoth-umc-dev. I'm planning to release a new version for the 1.9 branch before 1.9.0 is out. (yes, I'm completely ignoring 1.8)
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Well, so much for that plan. I think I can still make it before 1.9.4 though. (done up to scenario 11, scenario 12 still needs balancing and AI work)