BUGS/ERRORS in some Wesnoth v1.2 add-ons

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

darkwraith007

BUGS/ERRORS in some Wesnoth v1.2 add-ons

Post by darkwraith007 »

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, feel free to move.
The reason I didn't put it in the main Tech Support area was that it only happens with certain downloadable campaigns.

If you download/install either one of these two campaigns, Wesnoth v1.2 will give errors/quit automatically.

Campaign:
DotT (Tactician, Defense of the) by Elvish Pillager
-Gives various errors upon starting the main Wesnoth v1.2 game file, not even getting to the title screen! And it errors and quits the game. The errors have to do with tags not being done properly or closed, something like that.

Campaign:
Northern Rebirth by Taurus
-Wesnoth gives a very specific error on an "extra" closing/opening tag that isn't done right (just one) then continues to load to the title screen. I haven't tested whether the campaign would still worth otherwise but it shouldn't be giving any errors at all.

Till then.
Last edited by darkwraith007 on January 1st, 2007, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

If the bugs are caused by downloading either one of these add-ons, then the bug is in the add-ons (of course it's fair to consider it a bug that Wesnoth crashes or otherwise breaks due to bad user content, too). Anyway, I hope the add-on authors fix these soon.
darkwraith007

thanks

Post by darkwraith007 »

Thanks for the reply, and again I hope I posted this in the right spot.
Maybe someone can change the title to be a bit more specific?
Or is there somewhere in the forum that we can give bug reports on specific add-ons?

But yes, it seems like minor things and should be fixable by the authors, hopefully.

Till then.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: thanks

Post by zookeeper »

darkwraith007 wrote:Maybe someone can change the title to be a bit more specific?
Done.
darkwraith007 wrote:Or is there somewhere in the forum that we can give bug reports on specific add-ons?
Yeah, bugs in individual add-ons should be reported to their respective authors: you should be able to find threads for basically all campaigns and such either in the Scenario & Campaign Development or Faction & Era Contributions forum. If that fails, you can try to find the forum identity of the add-on author (usually the same nickname) and send him a PM about it.
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

As Zookeeper said, if you find a bug in Northern Rebirth, or SotBE then just drop a note in their respective thread. That being said, thank you for reporting this bug. I am hoping to release a new version of Northern Rebirth today (well, yesterday actually but the internet was down) and it should fix this problem.
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"
darkwraith007

thanks

Post by darkwraith007 »

Thanks for the feedback! ^^;;
I know it took awhile but I have replied. I'm not sure what Sot-whatever is. I'm not good with abbreviations except for HttT (which is obvious).
I'll put some notes in the respective threads now.

EDIT: I've added a link to this thread in the Northern Rebirth thread. Yeah, guess I was too lazy to retype it. >_>
However, I couldn't find a clearly-marked thread for the "Defense of the Tactician" campaign. So a PM has been sent to Elvish Pillager.

In the future since this thread is still up, I will continue to post bugs here in addition to putting a link to this thread (and the specific post mentioning the campaign in question) in the specific campaign threads provided I can find them fairly easily. If not, tough cookies...
However if I'm not supposed to post in here in the future, I do hope someone can let me know, tis all.

Till then.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

darkwraith007 wrote:I'm not sure what Sot-whatever is. I'm not good with abbreviations except for HttT (which is obvious).
Neither am I. But anyway, it's SotBE, "Son of the Black Eye".
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Re: BUGS/ERRORS in some Wesnoth v1.2 add-ons

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

darkwraith007 wrote:Campaign:
DotT (Tactician, Defense of the) by Elvish Pillager
-Gives various errors upon starting the main Wesnoth v1.2 game file, not even getting to the title screen! And it errors and quits the game. The errors have to do with tags not being done properly or closed, something like that.
That's strange. It works fine in 1.1.13, so they must have added some juicy new bugs in the newer stable release... :|
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.