Mage Campaign: Attack of the Undead

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

wsultzbach

Post by wsultzbach »

Okay, There's a new maintenance release of this campaign. I've added German and Swedish translations as well as numerous WML updates.
What's this annoying thing that appears at the bottom of every one of my posts?
wsultzbach

Post by wsultzbach »

Another new release in which I've added Dutch translation.
wsultzbach

Post by wsultzbach »

Version 1.2.4 is out.
I've done some balancing, revised a few maps, and added Spanish translation.
wsultzbach

Post by wsultzbach »

Yet another release. 1.2.5. Updated translations. Balancing.
Arcangel

Post by Arcangel »

Maybe I just didn't move the files correctly (Didn't download via "get addons" but when I go to run the campaign in game, select it, and choose easy, I get "Game map could not be loaded: Illegal character found in map. The scenario could not be loaded". I posted it here instead of "help and support" because it had to do with your campaign.
wsultzbach

Post by wsultzbach »

I just tested the latest version off the add-ons server and it works fine. What version of wesnoth do you have and when did you download the campaign?
Arcangel

Post by Arcangel »

Dec 18, 1.2.8(stable).

I did not download via the in game "get addons" I downloaded from the online list of campaigns. I can't seem to find that list again because I was clicking through a lot of wesnoth links. Maybe if you pointed me to a place that tells me how to correctly "manual install" the campaign it will work.
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

you may have downloaded the 1.3.12 version. 1.3 and 1.2 aren't compatible. Not sure where you'd find a 1.2 version...
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
wsultzbach

Post by wsultzbach »

Weeksy wrote:you may have downloaded the 1.3.12 version. 1.3 and 1.2 aren't compatible. Not sure where you'd find a 1.2 version...
Yes, you probably downloaded the 1.3 version, which would explain the errors. 1.3 has a different map format than 1.2.
Delete the version you have and try downloading it in-game.
Arcangel

Post by Arcangel »

You are talking about the game it self right? and I can't download via in-game "get addons" Stupid parent programs won't let me. thnx for your help anyways.
wsultzbach

Post by wsultzbach »

Oh, then look for Attack of the Undead version 1.1.2, it's compatible with wesnoth 1.2, or you could get wesnoth 1.3.12 (which I recomend.)
Arcangel

Post by Arcangel »

thanks for you help. I downloaded wesnoth v1.3.12 and it works fine. I really love the campaign, am on the level where you have to get to the sign and the bonus is to kill the leaders. Can you actually see the sign? because I couldn't find it, I am assuming you just get to the north. I am playing easy of course.
wsultzbach

Post by wsultzbach »

Hmm, It seems the code to place the signpost on the map was outdated. I'll try to have it fixed in the next version.
(Just so you know you have to move to hex 12, 1.)
Arcangel

Post by Arcangel »

I beat it on easy. its a very fun campaign especially since you know that your a mage and are strong against undead. I like that you get support from some meleers later on and I have no complaints just that its a very awesome game, I might go back and attempt it on normal.
wsultzbach

Post by wsultzbach »

Alright, it seems as though there's a new server, so I put the new version of the campaign up on it.