Campaign with Delfador as hero

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ebo

Post by ebo »

I would suggest using

Code: Select all

[endlevel]
		result=continue
		[/endlevel]
Instead of

[endlevel]
		result=victory
		[/endlevel]
So that you don't loose 20% of your gold in council_in_weldyn.
jp30

Post by jp30 »

ebo wrote:I would suggest using

[endlevel]
		result=continue
		[/endlevel]
Thanks, that's a good idea. At one time I wanted the player to loose some gold at that point, but there's now an even better mechanism for this in "Swamp of Illuven", the next scenario.
anupan420

Post by anupan420 »

can anyone help me install this in windows v. of wesnoth
??
Ewan

Map problem

Post by Ewan »

OK, what am I missing? Starting up this campaign gets me the error message 'load_game_failed: map not found' . I tried sticking the maps into a folder named Delfadors_Memoirs, rather than just being loose in maps folder, but that didn't help..

..where should they be?

Thanks - Ewan :oops:
jp30

Re: Map problem

Post by jp30 »

Ewan wrote:OK, what am I missing? Starting up this campaign gets me the error message 'load_game_failed: map not found' . I tried sticking the maps into a folder named Delfadors_Memoirs, rather than just being loose in maps folder, but that didn't help..
Are you installing the .zip version of DM? It needs to be unzipped into your WESNOTH_PATH.This can be determined by running wesnoth --path at the command line. You also need to ensure that the directory structure inside the zipfile is preserved.

Unfortunately I develop on unix and don't have access to a windows machine to experiment on. If someone can tell me what I might do to make things easier for windows users to install, please do.
pjr

Post by pjr »

After playing the first scenario, saving, and coming back to play the second scenario, the graphic for Delfador has vanished. I can move him and fight with him, but he's invisible, and restarting the campaign doesn't bring the graphic back. Is this a bug or a problem with my installation?

DM 0.4
BfW 0.8.1-lite installed from source over full version of 0.8, also installed from source. (Could this be the cause of the problem?)
No extra ./configure options.
Mandrake 10 official.

Anyway, the first scenario caught my interest, and I'll be continuing with the others once I have a leader I can see!
pjr

Post by pjr »

anupan420 wrote:can anyone help me install this in windows v. of wesnoth
??
I hope so. I don't have Wesnoth on Windows, but this ought to work:

You need to download the .zip file, not the .tar.gz file, and unzip it to the directory that contains all your Wesnoth campaigns and scenarios. This will probably be a directory called "wesnoth" that has subdirectories called "data", "fonts", "images" etc. Make sure you preserve the directory structure of the .zip file when uncompressing it. Then restart Wesnoth and the campaign ought to be available from the campaign menu.

If not, check that there are files in [path-to]\wesnoth\data\campaigns\Delfadors_Memoirs\
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

In the new version 4 built from zip, there seems to be no evil -producing stones and skeletons appear only from one side in night in the swamp. Plus the locations are now different Why did you change this? I liked
it as it was before, with the two stones, one producing archers, the other
warriors.
Mort

Re: Map problem

Post by Mort »

jp30 wrote:
Ewan wrote:OK, what am I missing? Starting up this campaign gets me the error message 'load_game_failed: map not found' . I tried sticking the maps into a folder named Delfadors_Memoirs, rather than just being loose in maps folder, but that didn't help..
Are you installing the .zip version of DM? It needs to be unzipped into your WESNOTH_PATH.This can be determined by running wesnoth --path at the command line. You also need to ensure that the directory structure inside the zipfile is preserved.

Unfortunately I develop on unix and don't have access to a windows machine to experiment on. If someone can tell me what I might do to make things easier for windows users to install, please do.
I'm running windows, and I was getting an error whenever I tried loading the campaign; it said that it couldn't load the unit 'Journeyman Mage.' I fixed it eventually by adding the following line to the top of the Journeyman_Mage.cfg file, right after [unit]:

id = Journeyman Mage

Other than that, the files seemed to all have unzipped to the correct places, and I haven't found any other problems. This doesn't seem like it would be something windows specific anyway.
Circon

Post by Circon »

When will South Pass be ready???

Mort- correct, as of (some version after the one used to make this) all units need an id to function.

Bump.
jp30

status of DM

Post by jp30 »

Hi, everybody,

You may have noticed I've been absent from the forum for a couple of months. The reason for this is that I've moved continents (Scotland -> California), and had a bit of a crisis in my personal life (don't ask). Anyway, I've not had much time for hacking on DM lately, and that's a situation that's likely to continue.

DM is broken on current versions of wesnoth because of changes to translation and the format of the unit tag. I'll fix this when I next add a scenario to DM (i.e. at some unspecified time in the future). In the meantime, DM is released under the GPL, so please feel free to fix it yourself, or incorporate parts into another campaign.

In what little spare time I have, I have been tinkering with a mini-campaign tentatively entitled "An Orcish Incursion". When it is complete, I'll post a new thread about it here in the forum.
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Bummer! it's one of my favorite campaigns...
jp30

Delfador's Memoirs 0.5

Post by jp30 »

Due to popular demand (and because it turned out to be easier than I expected)...

A new version of Delfador's Memoirs is now available.

Check out the Wiki page: http://wesnoth.slack.it/?DelfadorsMemoirs

Or just download: http://weka.ucdavis.edu/~jp30/delfadors ... 0.5.tar.gz

Features: compatibility with wesnoth 0.8.4; fixed disappearing hero bug; no new scenarios sorry - maybe when I have a bit more time.
scott

Post by scott »

in scenario 2, the valley residents say that if you continue to head east, you'll have to fight the orcs. Isn't it west?
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
jp30

Post by jp30 »

scott wrote:in scenario 2, the valley residents say that if you continue to head east, you'll have to fight the orcs. Isn't it west?
Thanks, will fix.

There is worse trouble brewing though. Back when I wrote the scenarios, the Abez flowed east (according to HttT); now it flows west. Some geographical reshuffling will likely be needed.