The Unstoppable Legion - version 0.6.0 - but for Wesnoth 1.2

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

vonHalenbach
Translator

Post by vonHalenbach »

Denial wrote: Finally, I'd like to say once you're finished, I'm volunteering to provide a translation into German. I'm not going to familiarize myself with any developer tools that may be necessary, but if you'll send me a file with all the text bits, I'm willing and able to translate them. :)
No, that's not the way how translations work here. If you really want to translate something, you have to get one of the translation-tools, which are free. You can ask me, how to set them up on your computer and how to translate. You can join us german translators in the irc-channel #wesnoth-de on freenode.net
Denial

Post by Denial »

Okay, forget that then.
So far, this has been more fun than working at a commercial game company.
vonHalenbach
Translator

Post by vonHalenbach »

Denial wrote:Okay, forget that then.
No problem. When this campaign reaches version 0.7 there will be other translators, who will do the job. Should you decide to join the effort then, you are still welcome to do so.
cybersistema

Typos

Post by cybersistema »

Hi Chris,

Just finished your campaign on normal, and it was terrific! I did notice a few typos and I'm happy to fix them myself if you like. How can I proceed?

:),

cyber
Chris NS

Post by Chris NS »

Thanks. Easiest thing to do is to list the changes for me to fix, either by private message or in a forum post. Bear in mind that about a page or two back there's a list of corrections someone else listed, so you might want to check that in case you're reporting the same errors. (Don't worry too much about reporting errors that have already been fixed though - that doesn't matter.)

I'm hoping to release a new version in the next few days, so if you hurry I'll be able to include to corrections.
Chris NS

Post by Chris NS »

... And you can view the corrections in the brand new release of the Unstoppable Legion, 0.5.4. Since most of the developers who can give feedback seem to have moved over to the Wesnoth 1.3.x branch, I'm now mainly concentrating on adding scenarios until I reach version 0.7.0 (that's two more scenarios away), after which I will freeze development in the stable branch and continue adding scenarios in the development branch.

The new scenario is the alternative branch after The Last Stand, and you will need to defeat the enemy leader on the left to reach it. I haven't yet updated the scenario that follows the new one, so it won't make complete sense just yet.

As usual, it's an update pack, so you will need to already have version 0.5.x installed, and replace the files included in the package.

EDIT: Oops, uploaded two .zip formats. Replacing one with .tar.gz
Attachments
The_Unstoppable_Legion_v0.5.4.tar.gz
The Unstoppable Legion v 0.5.4 as .tar.gz
(119.71 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
The_Unstoppable_Legion_v0.5.4.zip
The Unstoppable Legion v 0.5.4 as .zip
(173.8 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
torangan
Retired Developer

Re: The Unstoppable Legion - version 0.5.4

Post by torangan »

As 1.4 is out know I'd like all campaign on WesCamp-i18n to move over to the new scheme as described here: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18675

This campaign is one of those which should move, I'll merge the old translations of course.
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
Chris NS

Post by Chris NS »

Hmm ... I'm a few days away from releasing version 0.6.0. Would it make sense sense to update Wescamp then?

I can't remember what I did last time, but if I follow the instructions like I'm doing it from scratch, will that work?
Chris NS

Post by Chris NS »

And now, the long awaited Unstoppable Legion, on the campaign server. Changes since 0.5.0 mainly include two new scenarios, AMLAs for the main characters and dots on the map. Whoo.

Only problem is that it's so long-awaited, this is for the 1.2.x branch. I can port it to 1.4 but that will take me time to work out how to do it. Any volunteers for porting?

(And if you can make the same changes done for the last port, that would be nice too.)
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Chris NS wrote:I can port it to 1.4 but that will take me time to work out how to do it. Any volunteers for porting?
I don't have the time to help you, but I wonder if you've ever heard of wmllint.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.