The Unstoppable Legion - version 0.6.0 - but for Wesnoth 1.2

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tillea

Post by tillea »

vonHalenbach wrote:You have to use 0.5.0-3 and use the last working savegame. It may be good to delete all other savegames, which got created with the older versions, to not accidently use one of them. They were in the folder
/home/me/.wesnoth/saves/
Well, this is surely what I did and I tried to tell you. (BTW, I know where to find my files and I loaded the right ones. ;-))

I tried this again (starting from the working save_game) saved it immediately and it was loadable. Than I made some moves - saved - loadable, did some moves - saved - loaded; next turn - some moves ... failed.

If you would like to have all these files just tell me.

Kind regards

A.
tillea

Killing the first daemon in Race against time

Post by tillea »

Hi again,

I think I can reproduce the problem. It seems to be that after killing the first daemon the problem occures. The difference between both savegames is just one move were the first daemon is killed. Does this light a candle?

Kind regards

A.
Attachments
kill_first_daemon.zip
(87.97 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
vonHalenbach
Translator

Re: Killing the first daemon in Race against time

Post by vonHalenbach »

tillea wrote:Hi again,

I think I can reproduce the problem. It seems to be that after killing the first daemon the problem occures. The difference between both savegames is just one move were the first daemon is killed. Does this light a candle?

Kind regards

A.
Absolutely! This means, that i have missed to change one unit. I will analyse your savefile now. :hmm:
vonHalenbach
Translator

TUL 0.5.0-4

Post by vonHalenbach »

I have found some more places that i had fixed in the scenario files. Hopefully the last time. I did edit your last save game and brought it to a working state again.

Please download version 0.5.0-4, clear all your cache files, load the edited save game and have fun!
Last edited by vonHalenbach on October 2nd, 2007, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dfranke
Inactive Developer

Post by dfranke »

I'm having a problem with the 1.3 version of The Mines of Alsok: the dwarves say that they can fix the bridge, but then it doesn't get fixed. This is making the scenario rather difficult!
vonHalenbach
Translator

Post by vonHalenbach »

dfranke wrote:I'm having a problem with the 1.3 version of The Mines of Alsok: the dwarves say that they can fix the bridge, but then it doesn't get fixed. This is making the scenario rather difficult!
Then you probably use a version below 0.5.0-4 ? I think, i have fixed this in the last version. If you really use the last version, a deletion of your cache files might help.
tillea

Loading problems remain

Post by tillea »

Hi once more,

I'm afraid there are remaining problems with Race against Time. I think I made a good match withaout any need to save. In the last turn I could not resist to kill the dark enemy before I moved my units over the lava. Now I wanted to reload the game to let my units pass before killing the leader but:

Illegal character found in map. The scenario could not be loaded.

It is the same with all other savegames of this scenario and I also tried to play this scenario with a savegame that resulted from a different branch were I fighted alongside the meremen. I faced the same problems - even a complete crash of wesnoth when trying to load the game.

Kind regards

Andreas.
Attachments
Race_Against_Time_Runde_8h.tar.gz
(57.7 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
vonHalenbach
Translator

Re: Loading problems remain

Post by vonHalenbach »

tillea wrote:Hi once more,

I'm afraid there are remaining problems with Race against Time. I think I made a good match withaout any need to save. In the last turn I could not resist to kill the dark enemy before I moved my units over the lava. Now I wanted to reload the game to let my units pass before killing the leader but:

Illegal character found in map. The scenario could not be loaded.

It is the same with all other savegames of this scenario and I also tried to play this scenario with a savegame that resulted from a different branch were I fighted alongside the meremen. I faced the same problems - even a complete crash of wesnoth when trying to load the game.

Kind regards

Andreas.
This is an error, i did miss to spot in the file, i gave you back the last time. It has a keep wrongly marked as "_K" which must be "Kh".
The game hasn't this error anymore. 0.5.0-4 is still the working version.
Attachments
Race_Against_Time_Runde_8h.tar.gz
changed _K to Kh
(61.4 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

As documented before, e.g. http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=
the map conversion script, wmllint can produce this problem, and when it does the only solution appears to be manually fixing the map file

On content, it is interesting that Deuterus's last words were about finding the village old lady who would know what to do- except if she is to be still alive, then she too must have turned to the dark arts, to have lived that long.
So, I hoped there could have be a better solution to this....
Chris NS

Post by Chris NS »

There's a perfectly reasonable explanation for this, and it's not a huge plot twist, but I'll allow you to speculate for now.
tillea

Post by tillea »

vonHalenbach wrote:
dfranke wrote:I'm having a problem with the 1.3 version of The Mines of Alsok: the dwarves say that they can fix the bridge, but then it doesn't get fixed. This is making the scenario rather difficult!
Then you probably use a version below 0.5.0-4 ? I think, i have fixed this in the last version. If you really use the last version, a deletion of your cache files might help.
I just deleted my cache even before to finish "Race against time" (thanks for fixing it), but the attached savegame shows a bridge that is "fixed", but the dwarfes can not make its way over it by no visible reason.

Kind regards

Andreas.
Attachments
The_Mines_of_Alsok-Autospeichern10.tar.gz
(84.89 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
Chris NS

Post by Chris NS »

I suspect it will be something to do with the macros. In the 1.2.6 version, WML snippets like these:

Code: Select all

[if]
	[variable]
		name=random
		numerical_equals=1
	[/variable]
	[then]
		{MAKEBRIDGE 14 12 14 14 14 13 ("|")}
		{NOBRIDGE 20 10 18 11}
		{NOBRIDGE 23 13 23 15}
		{MAKEBRIDGE 29 15 31 16 30 15 ("\")}
	[/then]
[/if]
... govern the bridges, and the characters "|" and "\" are terrain letters. I suspect this hasn't been properly ported to the 1.3.8 version with the new terrain codes. Unfortunately, I don't have a properly working version of 1.3.8 at the moment so I can't fix this right now.

However, I do have the revised cheat files for 1.2.6. Put the first file in the /campaigns folders and the second one in the /scenarios folder. Should be obvious enough.
Attachments
The_Unstoppable_Legion_cheat.cfg
Cheat mode campaign file
(1.32 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Cheat_Screen.cfg
Cheat mode scenario file
(37.07 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
tillea

Post by tillea »

Chris NS wrote:Put the first file in the /campaigns folders and the second one in the /scenarios folder. Should be obvious enough.
I have put Cheat_Screen.cfg into

~/.wesnoth-unstable/data/campaigns
and The_Unstoppable_Legion_cheat.cfg into

~/.wesnoth-unstable/data/campaigns/The_Unstoppable_Legion/scenarios
but shame on me - I don't know how to cheat. Google leaded me to the Debug mode http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/CommandMode, but I have no idea what to type after the prompt.

Any hints?

Kind regards

Andreas.
Chris NS

Post by Chris NS »

Click on "Campaign" and you should see "The Unstoppable Legion (Cheat Mode)".

Note, however, this won't work in version 1.3.8.

EDIT: Just noticed you've got the files the wrong way round.
tillea

Post by tillea »

Chris NS wrote:Click on "Campaign" and you should see "The Unstoppable Legion (Cheat Mode)".
This item only shows up when you apply the following patch:

--- The_Unstoppable_Legion_cheat.cfg.orig       2007-10-07 14:29:54.000000000 +0200
+++ The_Unstoppable_Legion_cheat.cfg    2007-10-07 18:01:53.000000000 +0200
@@ -36,7 +36,7 @@
        map_data="{@campaigns/The_Unstoppable_Legion/maps/{NAME}}"
 #enddef

-{@campaigns/The_Unstoppable_Legionscenarios/ul_unit_utils.cfg}
+{@campaigns/The_Unstoppable_Legion/scenarios/ul_unit_utils.cfg}

[+units]
        {@campaigns/The_Unstoppable_Legion/units}
Chris NS wrote: Note, however, this won't work in version 1.3.8.
Hmmm, I don't know whether I faced the 1.3.8-Problem you mentioned, but the campaign does not start because of a

load_game_failed: Map not found
error.
Chris NS wrote: EDIT: Just noticed you've got the files the wrong way round.
Thanks for the hint.

Kind regards

Andreas.

PS: I'll probably use my old-fashioned way of cheating and move my units over the bridge by editing the coordinates in the savegame ...