New idea for a campaign: Revenge of the Elves

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Liminiality2

New idea for a campaign: Revenge of the Elves

Post by Liminiality2 »

No this is not a parody of Star Wars,
it is an idea for a campaign i had that what if the elves in the first scnereo of Httt had a daughter? what if she somehow escaped? what if she wanted to take revenge on the orcs that killed her parents? i have already made the art for two characters in the campagin: the heroine and sidekick
Lani and Erik:

Go ahead Burn it to the ground
Attachments
Lani.png
Lani.png (2.71 KiB) Viewed 5882 times
Erik.png
Erik.png (2.2 KiB) Viewed 5883 times
NO FOG is certain - Elvish Pillager
Campaign: Revenge of the Elves http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11477
Anyar

Post by Anyar »

The picture editing isn't horrible, and the story sounds like it will be solid if you get a strong prelude and make sure everything works.
Even as the fingers of the two hands are equal, so are human beings equal to one another. No one has any right, nor any preference to claim over another. You are brothers. - Muhammed
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Why does everyone want to make elf campaigns? :P Seriously, probably over half of all campaigns are either elf or loyalist campaigns.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

And we have a serious shortage of Naga campaigns. :roll:
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Elvish Pillager wrote:And we have a serious shortage of Naga campaigns. :roll:
Not really, since nagas are boring.
unsung

Post by unsung »

The mermen aren't though. They had a good campaign once...

The campaign doesn't sound like a horrible idea.
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

ELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLVES.

scott

Post by scott »

Good campaigns are always welcome. Please just make sure you finish it. I recommend writing the entire story out and apportioning the story to scenarios before even touching a text editor.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

zookeeper wrote:Why does everyone want to make elf campaigns? :P Seriously, probably over half of all campaigns are either elf or loyalist campaigns.
It's a cycle. Elf factions ->Elf portraits ->Elf campaigns
And we have a serious shortage of Naga campaigns.
We also have a serious shortage of community-driven and community-higly-accepted Naga units. Coincidence?, i think not.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Liminiality2

Post by Liminiality2 »

scott wrote:Good campaigns are always welcome. Please just make sure you finish it. I recommend writing the entire story out and apportioning the story to scenarios before even touching a text editor.
ironicaly i used notepad to write the story stuff down and it is also a text editor. :D

I didn't plan for the campaign to be completely elves. The first scenario takes place either durring or after the scenario :the Elves Besieged in Httt and she starts with only archers and shamuns then when she meets Erik she gets spearman and horsemen. Mabye some Drake units too (if so they would probably be the glider and fighter) . I have yet to decide wether or not to include nagas and mermen.
Campaign: Revenge of the Elves http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11477
Stilgar

Post by Stilgar »

Liminiality2 wrote:Mabye some Drake units too (if so they would probably be the glider and fighter)
How would this fit in, plot-wise?
Liminiality2

Post by Liminiality2 »

I first need to figure out where exactly the Drakes "exist" and then have the campaign run through that area.

The campaign stats in Athenwood and goes all the way up to where the orcs in the northern lands are. At some point i'd like to have it go through the mountains in the center of the map on the menu screen.

things done so far:
completed Lani archer cfg and pictures for 1st lv
completed all of Erik's pictures
completed maps for the first, second, and 3 scenarios for the dwarf part of the campaign.
completed the basic plotline and character connections: still need a comprehensive one though(in progress)
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

Just a (historian's) note:
In Wesnoth, since the elves live in isolated forests, they have a system
of communication(e.g North elves-Wesmere, Aethewood-Wesmere etc)
In other elvish campaigns this is seen quite commonly.
For this particular idea, note that even if Aethewood falls, this is not the
end of the elves, as they still have other forests, like Wesmere and North elves. In fact, Legend of Wesmere ends with Kalenz coming with the elvish army to take back Aethenwood(the place of the fight in the 1st HttT scenario). And yes, there are elvish survivors there.
So the elves already got their revenge for the attack on Aethenwood and
your heroes would have to take their revenge on dead orcs, as no orc
involved in the attack in HttT survives.
But I see no reason why you cannot have evlish survivors from some orcish raid grow up to seek vengeance.
Liminiality2

Post by Liminiality2 »

hmm...

thats probably better because it gives me an idea of what to do in the prolouge more then anything else[edit] does [/edit].

anyway, at some point earlier then this campagin, Erik was a soilder who was appointed to captain. but when he led his first mission to attack an orcish outpost, against impossible odds, he escaped. but he also failed his mission and his General had then left him, and his unit, to die. Miraculously this is the point where he meets up with the Heroine and lends his aid to her. At some point he will take his vengance on that General.
Liminiality2

Post by Liminiality2 »

New Images for Lani and Erik's Lv 1,2 and 3.
tell me what you think
and im finished with their cfgs too
also i've got the scenerio order and storyline together along with some of the maps

P.S. sorry for the double post
Attachments
Lani and Erik.PNG
Lani and Erik.PNG (7.67 KiB) Viewed 5635 times