[Archived] Wings of Victory - Index

Feedback for the mainline campaign Winds of Fate.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kylix

Re: Wings of Victory - Index

Post by Kylix »

It's not included in the main campaign list. Will it be available in 1.15?
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

The campaign was added to mainline in 1.15.0 but later it was decided to remove it in 1.15.3. I think that there are/were plans to add it again (under name Wings of Valor?) but I do not know more for certain.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

A decision will need to be made by 1.16, but at the moment it's up in the air what will happen.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

This entire feedback thread has to be updated. Scenario names have been changed. Campaign has been renamed to Winds of Fate.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
name

Post by name »

Winds of Fate is practically a new campaign at this point, having undergone two major rewrites of both story and game play. There is also a different number of scenarios. So it might be best to start from scratch with a new set of sub forums for its scenarios?
revolting_peasant

Post by revolting_peasant »

I've only so far played the first two scenarios of this campaign, and have seen the third - but I must congratulate the campaign creators with the warmest of praise. I am very pleased with the inventiveness and novelty of each of the scenarios so far. Excellent work!
revolting_peasant

Post by revolting_peasant »

A point regarding the Scenario objectives dialog: This campaign tends to put excessive amounts of text there. The Scenario objectives should be succinct and straightforward, not poetic and involving motivation and story narrative. For example, instead of saying "Capture all villages so that our flight may have provisions", it should be just "Capture all villages". The text belongs in dialog at the beginning of the scenario (or sometimes later on). This goes also for comments such as "Units from enemy faction X will not try to do thing Y" - doesn't belong in the dialog.