[Complete] "Stay at home!" - the 2020 Wesnoth coronavirus tournament.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Boy

Re: [In progress] "Stay at home!" - the 2020 Wesnoth coronavirus tournament.

Post by Boy »

> announce that I play picked dwarves every game
It's not my business ofc :) But they say, at harsh adults world, they do that :)

>all the players who have picked factions when playing ladder
Oh my god, you are opening my eyes, so there ARE ladder players who choosing factions?! (except Hodor)

>If you don't do research on your opponent thats your fault
(facepalm)

>Picking dwarves was not some trick
You clearly did not understand where problem is, right? No one blaming your in trickiness...
Legendary20Miner

Post by Legendary20Miner »

Boy wrote: April 11th, 2020, 12:30 am > announce that I play picked dwarves every game
It's not my business ofc :) But they say, at harsh adults world, they do that :)

>all the players who have picked factions when playing ladder
Oh my god, you are opening my eyes, so there ARE ladder players who choosing factions?! (except Hodor)

>If you don't do research on your opponent thats your fault
(facepalm)

>Picking dwarves was not some trick
You clearly did not understand where problem is, right? No one blaming your in trickiness...
Yeah there were many players who picked factions on and off. Many of the top players have done it at some point in some ladder game. You want me to give examples?

"You clearly did not understand where problem is, right? No one blaming your in trickiness..."

Your problem is that I didn't announce it before every game yes?
Danniel_BR
2019 Fast Tournament Champion

Post by Danniel_BR »

Boy wrote: April 11th, 2020, 12:10 am
1. Just lol. As you said later, expecting "adults"?

2. Are you drunk? Which "insinuations" did I make?

3. Am I said something about my losing games? About who is better or not? Why are you wrote all these pointless words?!
Again, are you drunk? Or you just speaking with yourself about some yours thoughts?

4. Thnx, Captain, for repeating my words.

5. (facepalm) So, all other players and all other games was not good enough, yeah? Was not so important to be fair?

P. S. There is no need to answer for my questions, actually.
1. Yeah, we do, but as you seem to behave like a kid, maybe we should think better about it

2. "Players at such tournament choosing factions"; "Who else also was so "smart"? Probably someone also choosed map?" - The only one drunk here seems to be you, since you can't read what yourself write.

3. Your don't need to say when you arrogance and disrespect says that by itself. But don't worry, I won't say anything about how poorly you played.

4. You clearly have some lack of interpretation capacity, so, I will just say "you're welcome'

5. The other games weren't going to decide the champion, so, no, they weren't so important.

P.S. I tell you the same. And don't worry, I won't direct a word to you again. The best thing we can do to pricks like you is to ignore, so good bye.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

No mirror: ON
Shuffle sides: ON
No mirror implies random. And shuffle sides has historically shuffled chosen factions too, making picking impossible.
Boy

Post by Boy »

Danniel_BR wrote: April 11th, 2020, 12:55 am we...

...as you seem to behave like a kid...

... pricks like you
Your grace? :)

Teach your father, boy. If have one.

Remove your crown, clown.
ForPeace

Post by ForPeace »

Ravana wrote: April 11th, 2020, 1:03 am
No mirror: ON
Shuffle sides: ON
No mirror implies random.
Not really. You can play a game with No Mirror and pick either side.
For the sake of clarity, choosing a faction in this tournament is completely fine. As Danniel_BR mentioned, when you pick a faction you help your opponent by telling him what faction you are. What is unfair is counter-picking after seeing what your opponent has chosen.
And shuffle sides has historically shuffled chosen factions too, making picking impossible.
But it doesn't shuffle picked factions in 1.14, does it?
Polish BfW fansite | Polish BfW translation | My Ladder profile

"When I say I've been playing for 10 years people come saying they've played for 15 years and that I know nothing about this game because I didn't use to play when the TRUE pros were playing xD" ~Hejnewar
Boy

Post by Boy »

ForPeace wrote: April 11th, 2020, 2:58 am ...choosing a faction in this tournament is completely fine.
Questions, immediately:
* if someone wants always play orcs - how do you think, is it fair for all other players?
* what they shall do, if both players insist on playing same faction?

I am not arguing or blaming, just really curious.
Legendary20Miner

Post by Legendary20Miner »

Boy wrote: April 11th, 2020, 7:53 am
ForPeace wrote: April 11th, 2020, 2:58 am ...choosing a faction in this tournament is completely fine.
Questions, immediately:
* if someone wants always play orcs - how do you think, is it fair for all other players?
* what they shall do, if both players insist on playing same faction?

I am not arguing or blaming, just really curious.
If they wana do that they have a bad taste.
Boy

Post by Boy »

Legendary20Miner wrote: April 11th, 2020, 12:39 am Your problem is that I didn't announce it before every game yes?
First of all, it's your problem actually, not mine :)

My opinion is - you MUST not only announce, but ask permission from other player. Just for rightness.

And why you decided it by yourself only? Are you playing alone? What if another player wants play dwarfs also? Why you first pick faction? What if another player just don't want play against hardcoded dwarfs? What if other player just don't want you picking faction? And moreover - ForPeace even said that according his sense of fairness, if another player wants pick faction AFTER you did it - it would be unfair if it counterpicks, so you limit another player by your one-sided decision.

So, I don't like at all this choosing without clear rules.
sergey

Post by sergey »

Boy wrote: April 10th, 2020, 9:35 pm This totally stupid situation was possibly only because ForPeace didn't write any words DIRECTLY at rules: allowing of choosing factions OR disallowing.
AND if he wrote that choosing is allowed - he MUST also wrote rules for choosing.
You MUST read rules before doing something that ... has rules :lol:

I understand your point of view, but I don't agree with it. There is no rule for random factions. Which means players can use any algorithm of choosing factions as long as both of them agree. If you haven't find a compromise with your opponent, speak with organizer. Organizer may decide to change the rules after this conversation or just give directions about your specific game.

I know that Russian organizers provide strict rules in their tournaments. But that doesn't mean it is the only correct way to organize Wesnoth tournaments. Solve problems as they arise. No one complained regarding chosen dwarfs during the tournament. You complained about it too late. And we have nice games from a player who wanted to prove that dwarfs can show high results in the tournament. Miner should get something like "legendary elder troll" title for pissing you off without saying a word :lol:
Author of SP scenario Dragon Fight and SP campaign Captured by a Nightmare.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
Boy

Post by Boy »

>Miner should get something like "legendary elder troll" title for pissing you off without saying a word

Really? A brave shiny new world... Just no comments.
sergey

Post by sergey »

Boy wrote: April 11th, 2020, 9:49 am >Miner should get something like "legendary elder troll" title for pissing you off without saying a word

Really? A brave shiny new world... Just no comments.
You missed :lol: at the end, which implies that it was a joke.
Created The Rise of Wesnoth (alternative mechanics) version of the mainline campaign.
Boy

Post by Boy »

>You missed :) at the end

So, I could freely name you as "clown" or write literally anything, just need to add smile at the end as excuse? Adults, my ass...
sergey

Post by sergey »

By the way guys, I noticed you complained that you got the same map many times. Which may be the true power of Wesnoth RNG, the fairest RNG in the world, who we all really love, who tells your brave soldiers to either hit or miss. However, nothing prevents people from excluding maps from the pool and no one will notice that. I could add code for logging the map pool that was used. Is it a worthy feature or nobody cares? :D
sergey

Post by sergey »

Boy wrote: April 11th, 2020, 10:22 am >You missed :) at the end

So, I could freely name you as "clown" or write literally anything, just need to add smile at the end as excuse? Adults, my ass...
Not necessarily at the end, in the start or in the middle also works as it is shown here:
Boy wrote: April 11th, 2020, 1:11 am Your grace? :)

Teach your father, boy. If have one.

Remove your crown, clown.
:)