[Complete] PYRA Mermaid In Distress - The Tournament

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Enti

Re: PYRA Mermaid In Distress - The Tournament

Post by Enti »

Guess you didnt play because server were down? ;)
when is the new date?
Mint

Post by Mint »

New date is difficult to arrange because TBS is on the wrong side of the world :P
Server down time was the best time for both of us, still working on a new time.
Mint

Post by Mint »

If all goes well, the first finals game shall be played 22 and a half hours from now.
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

The first final game; Mint vs The Black Sword on Arcanclave Citadel is starting right now.
The Black Sword

We finished the game earlier today, the replay is attached.
Second final game takes place in two days time at the same time as this one.

For my exhaustively written out thought processess see here.

Recruits:
Spoiler:
Attachments
PYRA_-_Arcanclave_Citadel_replay.gz
(30.21 KiB) Downloaded 538 times
Last edited by The Black Sword on November 13th, 2012, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Isn't Mint an Aussie like me?
If so, that means he's getting up at 4am to play these games. Talk about dedicated.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
peace

Post by peace »

TBS: Unfotunately you uploaded the wrong replay. Looking forward to see the real one :)

peace
The Black Sword

Should be the correct replay now I hope.
Mint

Post by Mint »

UnwiseOwl wrote:Isn't Mint an Aussie like me?
If so, that means he's getting up at 4am to play these games. Talk about dedicated.
Correct :wink:
Almost always annoying to find a time that works for everyone for a tournament game, most people being from the wrong side of the world :whistle:
I find it the best compromise, since I don't mind getting up early, and I have fewer commitments than most others. Only annoying ones are getting up at 5AM(ish) on the weekend.
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Wel, that's committment. You wouldn't find me getting up that early for games...
It'd be great to hear your side of the battles too. I'd be really interested to see where you and TBS agree and disagree about what went right/wrong for you.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
Mint

Post by Mint »

I've finished compiling stats of round 2 today. Apparently still no knalgan leader chosen, but I swear I saw someone with a rogue :hmm:

The next finals games should happen very soon. After that, the final stats will be out for those interested.
Attachments
PYRAMID Round 2 Stats.zip
(28.77 KiB) Downloaded 542 times
The Black Sword

Next finals game should be starting within the next half hour.
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Mint wrote:I've finished compiling stats of round 2 today. Apparently still no knalgan leader chosen, but I swear I saw someone with a rogue :hmm:

The next finals games should happen very soon. After that, the final stats will be out for those interested.
Excellent job with these stats! :D
As i perceive the case, the replay with the Rogue in Round 2 probably has been left unmentioned on the first page, as that list is not looking very uptodate-thingy. :doh: Will handle the problem. BTW i did an Excel version conversion of the previous document for those with a penguinless OS, see it below.

I hope you can finally reserve a table for two on the Wesnoth server and have a final, because two weeks passed and i am too tired now to imagine unthinkable and extremely unlikely dooms for those who do not finish their games.
Spoiler:
Since it would be sad to decide a final by who is less tired at the appointment, take your time and good luck for finding a mutually accepted schedule.

Attention, active participants of previous round! (Dauntless, noob-killer, thefish, Enti, szdik570)

There was a survey published earlier by me, asking for the usefulness of individual units in PYRA. Please consider filling it, because it is really helpful for tuning the balance! I am already thinking of possible changes in units' cost due to acute enlightement caused by your shared experiences; i will serve with the details after the final, and open a debate as well to discuss how to improve the era.

Until then, have some straight facts! (well only if i am able to find the conversion... will be attached later)
Mint

Post by Mint »

Barring any more unforseen events on my side, or TBS's, the next finals game should definitely happen this time in 21.5 hours time.
The Black Sword

*Drumroll*

Second Finals Game: TBS vs Mint on Crescent Lake is starting RIGHT NOW!