(37.91 KiB) Downloaded 691 times
thefish

WTT 3 round now on direct

Post by thefish »

join now;)
The Black Sword

Re: WTT : Wesnoth Time Twister, a 1v1, 1.9 tournament

Post by The Black Sword »

Nice games guys, the more notice the better for the next ones, I'd like to get to see some live :).
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

As the race for the first place is getting tight, i don't know who to cheer for.
While i was able to defeat Dauntless or nani once or twice, I have never beaten Kira1, and i respect him for his stable performance. Also it's up to him to revenge my elimination. :twisted: On the other hand, thefish is the third fish of us, so i'm partly "go go fishies!". :mrgreen:

Just don't forget to announce the next match early enough to allow watching it live.
Kira1

Re: WTT FINAL : ROUND 3 (the hardest^^)

Post by Kira1 »

the 3nd round of the final , thats simply the best of all the 3 games atm...
northeners(me/P1) vs elves on fallenstar
all the nice things were here : a lot of actions(no banking , only fighting) ,good opponent, nice laeder killl , not long but not short either (about 20 turns^^) , brutal orcs , lvl 2 in both side and ... sexy shamans :mrgreen:
JUST WATCH IT
GG and THX:)
Attachments
2p_-_Fallenstar_Lake-Sauvegarde_automatique19.gz
(44.19 KiB) Downloaded 704 times
The Black Sword

Kira actually registered! :shock:

Game must be good for that, I'll take a look :D .
The Black Sword

Update on the tournament that never seems to end:

I talked to thefish and it appears our finalists have played a lot of game No. 4 already and hope to finish it sometime this week. I've asked fish to post the time of the game if they figure it out beforehand but from what I understand there may not be a lot left in the game to see.
Kira1

Post by Kira1 »

Elves (me/p1) vs Undeads (him/p2) on Fallenstar Lake, although he was though, it was a difficult match up for him...
However, when you watched all our matches , its obvious to say fish deserved to be in final ... He has nicely played, good player, good sportmanship, it was just a pleasure :wink: !!!
So GG and thx for playing fish (now you are Sarkozy , and i am Francois Hollande 8) )

I wanna thank too all the other players who have helped me for posting reply (Mint for example) or for passing a good time (Daunt, horus...) and with advice (my good friend with his facepalm : DrakeKing hehe ).

Finally, there is a last person to thank (yeah today i am really kind, i am a mother Theresa :mrgreen: ) , a person that everybody have to thank :
The_Black_Sword ...
He has taken much time for this turnament and has managed it nicely ... Then, its an example of player (offensive style :eng: ) with an exceptional sportmanship... That's probably why he has been the best and the most difficult of all my opponent here...

NOW ITS THE TIME TO SAY WHAT OBAMA WILL SAY WHEN HE WILL BE ELECTED AGAIN: YOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

ps: its a miracle that despite all these matches my girlfriend has not killed me yet ... Nowadays be a wesnothian is risky
So maybe you have to pay me hehehehe :mrgreen:
Attachments
2p_-_Fallenstar_Lake-Sauvegarde_automatique27.gz
^_^
(57.7 KiB) Downloaded 622 times
The Black Sword

/official capacity mode on

Kira1 has defeated thefish 3:1 in the Finals of the Wesnoth Time Twister!
Our Champions are as follows

First Place: Kira1

Second Place: thefish

Third Place: The Black Sword

(Based on the fact that Crem did not complete his semi-final, I hope no-one disagrees :P )

So victory goes to Group Magellanic, with Kira avenging Dauntless's loss to thefish. Big Congratulations to Kira on the victory, I think we have a very worthy winner who is very active, nice to see him get some recognition. :) I'm still wondering how he made it to the final without having his account set up properly :wink: .

Thefish is also a great player with the more ladder games played than anyone else and was very easy to communicate with him during the difficult semi-final and final stages.

Special thanks to:
tekelili: He did a really excellent job on the opening ceremony for us and he gave me a lot of advice with regard to organising the tournament. I really appreciate it and I hope he pops back sometime to read this.

csarmi: For putting a lot of effort into keeping the khalifate era up to date for this tournament and miscellaneous other work in its organisation, he was a big help.

noy/wintermute and anyone else who worked on the khalifate era.

Rigor: for the ladder page advertisements and his enthusiasm.

Wesnoth devs & admins: For making a great game and putting up with the tournament for so long!

Players: For sticking with it(most of you :wink: ).

I started WTT in 1.8 for testing out 1.9 and we're now in 1.10, I think we ran into a few issues with 1.9 which we brought up and there was a further backward revision to the footpad during the tournament so I hope it was of some use in that respect. Unfortunately much of the tournament was played before the liminal khalifate were released but you can't say no to a little PR I suppose :P . I hope at least the fun objective was accomplished! :D

PS. For the 88th and final time, the second post has been updated.
Last edited by The Black Sword on May 17th, 2012, 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Ah, it's finally over... big congrats to the winner Kira1, who gains the media attention totally rightfully from now, also you two have an unbeleiveable endurance, you surely had a lot of other things to do, and yet you put an end to this show, and presented us what is Wesnoth Spirit. Also, as one would say, congratulations to everyone who is pleased with his archievement for the tournament! I placed a tick in the checkbox next to "fun", so would be nice to see some further futuristic battle... well in the future, when the important parameters of the falconfolk get finalized, i'm looking forward to it, see you all next time!