[Complete] The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

neki

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Post by neki »

plk2_ wrote:North & South / GMT+1
plk2 & Nordmann

We still have an open bill. :twisted:
You mean an unpaid debt ?! Well, come and get it! Team RNG loves brutal overkills, baby! :)

So only 4 teams officially signed in this far ?! Probably the 1st of September deadline is way to loose :)
Faello

Post by Faello »

Relax neki, take some deeps breaths, read the best wesnoth thread evah and let's wait for the others to organise.
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
soul_steven

Post by soul_steven »

a small unofficial team sign in for me and tibiloid. Have not discussed a team name yet but sign us up to join. Will give you a name when we figure one out. Cheers
Cutler

Post by Cutler »

Rodgers and I will indeed return as the Mystery Knights.
Only victory shall unmask a mystery knight.
Faello

Post by Faello »

Excellent news Cutler.

It means we've 6 spots taken already, and it's just a week after opening registration phase, nice.

Only 10 spots left => trust me guys, it won't stay that forever so if anybody is seriously thinking about joining, better start searching for a team mates before others will outrun you :)
soul_steven

Post by soul_steven »

team name for me and tibs is miso hapi. now just a matter of finding time to play games to see if i remember how to recruit :lol2:
anoel

Post by anoel »

i am happy to declare that i have found a nice teammate. his name is beatle and we agreed to subscribe and play under the teamname pov - paragons of virtue. if i make mistakes, remember that he is the native speaker not me. :eng:
neki

Post by neki »

OMFG! tiboloid is amazing with his mind games :))

The last "Miso Hapi" was formed by an US guy (-6 GMT) (nelson) and an Australian guy (+10 GMT) (tiboloid) and me and Daunt had to play 3 measly games over a one month and a half period with a lot of discussions and admin interventions because the time difference was so huge to arrange something convenient for all 3 players :)

We were so pissed off that we even lost a game to them (the only game in the tournament) :) Can Admins take some measure vs. such kind of GMT teams ? :) Or can we make a rule that +15 GMT different teams should not be allowed to play against neki in the first round ? :D

Brutal thanks!
soul_steven

Post by soul_steven »

actually Neki im glad you bring up the fact the first Miso Hapi team took you guys to three games because we have already declared it our mission to be the ones to eliminate rng from the tourney and there thrones as kings of the 2v2 world :D As for time issues on my end there will be no problems being on at any time of day considering I do online school and can be on at any time of day as long as the games are planned out a day or two in advance so I can plan ahead.
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Last time i got informed about this tournament too late, so i was out of the fun - it is not allowed to happen once more! :mrgreen:

Currently i'm without a comrade, so anyone willing to terrorize some random opponents with mind-melting ferocity and formations on my side: please drop me a pm. ^_^

EDIT: My status is hired. Thanks for the offers, though.
Last edited by Horus2 on August 7th, 2011, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Disconecction BUG: How to...

If I remember right last time I used tiboloid way to proced with mp bug, it had problem that yes... gives mp but doesnt give gold player should have won that turn with his income.

I am right? Whats tgt crew advise to procede here?
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

I am interested in playing but what must i see again? terra dwelve in discussion, but not on the list. very disappointing. it doesnt take as long as you claim, it is an interesting map, it is in the official map chorus, it is suitable for a tournament - why not, again? cant u just make it available for the whole tournie? so far nobody convinced me with reasonable arguments why it is excluded due to "traditional reasons". i really dont like that.
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

THIS IS AWESOME!!!
I've got to find myself a teammate before it gets too late. brb! ^_^

btw, there should be a consolation prize for a team who gets to face RNG first. I don't wanna be that guy...
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

May I join in this epic battle? :twisted:

I am in need of a comrade! PM me for a partnership in Wesnoth combat and an awesome group name.
Last edited by Great_Mage_Atari on August 4th, 2011, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faello

Post by Faello »

REGARDING TEAM MATES: If you're looking for a one, try to PM your buddies from mp and ask them if they're interested, also try to PM others that are announcing themselves in this topic. It's much easier to find a team mate if you're actually acting to find a one, simple announcement that you're looking (unfortunately) sometimes might be not enough.
tekelili wrote:I am right? Whats tgt crew advise to procede here?
If you have the time: Edit the gold.
If you don't have the time: Use autosave.
Rigor wrote:I am interested in playing but what must i see again? terra dwelve in discussion, but not on the list. very disappointing. it doesnt take as long as you claim, it is an interesting map, it is in the official map chorus, it is suitable for a tournament - why not, again? cant u just make it available for the whole tournie? so far nobody convinced me with reasonable arguments why it is excluded due to "traditional reasons". i really dont like that.
Dauntless decided to put it on the special map list - Terra Dwelve together with Castle Hopping can be played only if both teams will agree to play it.
Great_Mage_Atari wrote:May I join in this epic battle?:twisted:
Every player registered on the forums can join it, but he/she needs a team mate and a team name to make his registration request valid.