[Complete] The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Nordmann

Re: The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Post by Nordmann »

Sigh, sigh so meet us on server two and hopefully we will show a much better performance to please the ...crowd.

Nordmann
Well up north it should be cold...
neki

Post by neki »

Thank you for your understanding Nordmann! See you on Server 2 at 18.00 GMT Friday 25th of March. Let the four Wesnoth gladiators clash once more for the entertainment of the crowd! :)
Faello

Post by Faello »

I kind of hope that situation will change, but if not, stick to the server 2 ( :| ...) and don't reschedule the game. I've mixed feelings regarding playing the TGT Finales on alternate server, but if it will be your decision guys, I'm ok with that. More or less it's your Final.

Now, regarding the first Final game - AWESOME. Excellent team play by the RNG, I just love that level of the skill presented in wesnoth. I also hope that North&South will once again show that they're hard nuts to crack and hit hard in the Final Game no. 2

I really recommend dl'ing the replay of game to anybody that haven't seen it yet - that's how 2vs2 should be played, both sides show teeths there :)

F.
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
Faello

Post by Faello »

Ladies & Gentlemen,

After the bloody battle that was fought on Xanthe Chaos between the Random Noob Gamers (neki&Dauntless) & North&South (plk2 & Nordmann) in the last week, I've the honor to invite you to observe the second, equally epic, TGT Final Game between these teams:
COMING GAMES:
- The Second Final Game of TGT 2nd Edition Finals will be played between North&South and Random Noob Gamers on the Friday 25th of March at 18:00 GMT on Server no.2
What's important this time is to remember that this game will be played on Server no.2, not the official server, so to watch it you'll have to use the "Connect to server" instead of "Join the official server" option after selecting the "Multiplayer" in the wesnoth game menu.

After you'll do that, use the "view list" to choose the "Alternate Wesnoth Server - server2.wesnoth.org:15000" - connect to it & have fun watching the spectacular TGT Final Game :eng:

with regards to you all,

Faello
neki

Post by neki »

The prophecy said the fight will go on and on from server to server, map to map, weekend to weekday and it will not stop until the RNG hordes will prevail against the camping tribes form both North and South.

It's SERVER 2! It's FRIDAY 25th of March 18.00 GMT! It's BRUTAL carnage all over again!

YOU! CAN'T! MISS! IT! BABY! :)
neki

Post by neki »

Cry havoc and keep leashed the dogs of war!!! :(

Unfortunately, due to real life events I am highly uncertain for tomorrow's match. I know it sucks and I am sorry for that but it does not depend on me. I might be able to come at 6 PM GMT and play 3 hours or I might not even be able to make it :(. I'll let you guys know tomorrow for sure.

:(
neki

Post by neki »

Hey guys! Fortunately, I managed to postpone my real-life problems so we can play at 18.00 GMT! I am already waiting for you on SERVER 2 :)
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

THe second game took place this evening and remains unresolved, as we had to save the action-packed loy+UD mirror on Loris river.
The game will be continued this sunday at 18GMT.

Dauntless
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Hi guys, does anyone know if the server 2 replays are kept online?
Or maybe someone could oblige and post one manually please? :)
Faello

Post by Faello »

Ladies & Gentlemen,

Another action-packed Sunday:
- The Second Final Game of TGT 2nd Edition Finals played between North&South and Random Noob Gamers will be continued on the Sunday 27th of March, at 18:00 GMT at server 2
Please, don't forget about the time change & server change when you'll look for the TGT Finals game.

with regards,

Faello
Last edited by Faello on March 28th, 2011, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
cookie

Post by cookie »

The Black Sword wrote:Hi guys, does anyone know if the server 2 replays are kept online?
Or maybe someone could oblige and post one manually please? :)
They are not kept online. You have to make sure to save the replays yourself or ask someone to save it for you. 8D
Bye says the cookie.
neki

Post by neki »

Slam dunk, baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdCrZfTkG1c

RNG trampled under their sandal North&South and brutally ended the final in a convincing 2-0 manner!

Just a brutal summary of this tournament:

Daunt is the best team-mate ever! He always calmed me down when I was about to mindlessly rush or suicide in a luck frustrated manner. Thanks, Daunt! You are the best Wesnoth player out there and the best team-mate.

Faello, grywacz, deekay, our vice-TGT admin Ducky you did a wonderful job in organizing and administering this tournament, we look forward for the next edition.

Miso Hapi were our most difficult opponent, with those time setting problems which now seem funny and with the only win that they managed to steal from us. The rest were brutal 2-0s, baby! :)

plk2 and Nordmann were our best known opponents and our ladder friends. The finals composition proved that ladder players can kick ass in any form of competitional Wesnoth, be it 1v1, 2v2 or whatever and maybe they should be listened more to when taking into consideration race&map balancing or any other game mechanics related issue.

This was a finals of freedom disputed on the underground server 2 and I like to thank all of you guys for tuning in and being understanding with my situation.

And last but not least: I'll see you guys next time! :)
Attachments
TGT_Finals_RNG_champions_4p_-_Loris_River_replay.gz
(39.97 KiB) Downloaded 448 times
Last edited by neki on March 27th, 2011, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
grrr

Post by grrr »

neki wrote:The finals composition proved that ladder players can kick ass in any form of competitional Wesnoth, be it 1v1, 2v2 or whatever and maybe they should be listened more to when taking into consideration race&map balancing or any other game mechanics related issue.
So you only played this tournament to prove something? It was hard work, and not fun? Sorry man, but I'll have to break it to you: *no one* is going to change a damn thing only because of *your complaints* regarding game mechanics or game balance. Your proof - if it ever was one - is worthless. I feel sorry that you didn't get my "subtle" hint during the match.

I wished you had enjoyed the tournament instead, just like everyone else did. Then at least the hours you spend with it, and the frustrations you had to overcome, would have been good for something.
plk2_

Post by plk2_ »

Congratulations to TGT second edition champs, Dauntless&neki.

RNG teamplay/skill was one of the best as we could have seen. To make it short....blabla....
Big thx for my teammate Nordmann.

Thx to Faello, alpha1 and devs for the awesome TGT organisation.