[Complete] * * * Tournament of Champions: 9/9/06, 18:00 GMT * * *

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Oreb wrote:
Doc Paterson wrote: Oh, I guess this wasn't clear- It's only one round per day.
With that this tournament might go into the next year, I haven't figured it out yet.
Yes, 3-4 saturdays = one year. :P

A "round" in this case, such as "Round One," means all of the matches on a given tier. On 9/9/06, Round One, there are eight (16 players) scheduled matches. They'll be roughly simultaneous.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
chameleon_effect

Post by chameleon_effect »

Hey. I really want to play in the tournament. I get off work at 10pm EST on that day. If participants have a week to submit the replay, it shouldn't matter too much if I had to join several hours late, provided my partner could change game times.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

chameleon_effect wrote:Hey. I really want to play in the tournament. I get off work at 10pm EST on that day. If participants have a week to submit the replay, it shouldn't matter too much if I had to join several hours late, provided my partner could change game times.
Sorry, but the roster is filled up, and as you can see, there's a waiting list for other hopefuls. I'm not allowing exceptions to the rules this time around, because in the past, loose frameworks ("schedule your matches and send your replays in within a week," for example) have doomed all tournament attempts to failure or premature closure. The goal with the more rigid system in place here is to see whether or not we can finally have a full tournament with final results.

Honestly, I'm happy with the format thus far, and am particularly pleased that we snagged a large majority of the really advanced players in the community.

At any rate, Chameleon- If you'd like to try to run a tournament under different or looser rules, no one is stopping you from giving it a go. Also, I'll likely be doing tournaments like this one again, so if you'd like to participate, check the forums more often so that you don't miss the signups (or maybe just ask your playing friends if they've heard anything, as I know most of them had already signed up.).
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
without your noses.
jb
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by jb »

Well, I've just been informed I'll have to work that first saturday. I'll have to withdrawl my name from the list. I like wesnoth, but I like having a job better. (I hate my job)

I hope this will not cause any problems, hopefully somebody can fill in my slot.

I'm very sorry, please understand.

jb
My MP campaigns
Gobowars
The Altaz Mariners - with Bob the Mighty
Becephalus
Inactive Developer

Post by Becephalus »

I refuse to understand you traitor!
There are three roads to ruin: by gambling, which is the quickest; through women, which is the most pleasurable; and through taking the advice of experts, which is the most certain. -de Gaulle
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

jb wrote:Well, I've just been informed I'll have to work that first saturday. I'll have to withdrawl my name from the list. I like wesnoth, but I like having a job better. (I hate my job)

I hope this will not cause any problems, hopefully somebody can fill in my slot.

I'm very sorry, please understand.

jb
Such a shame. :cry: I was looking forward to your big confrontation with Bec.

Well, looks like Suvorov is IN.
without your noses.
jb
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by jb »

I refuse to understand you traitor!
Your words are like daggers. Poisoned black daggers.
My MP campaigns
Gobowars
The Altaz Mariners - with Bob the Mighty
chameleon_effect

keep me posted.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

:| Cool.
JW

Post by JW »

chameleon_effect wrote:keep me posted.
Edited from some stuff you obviously wrote when you were high. :P
(yes I saw it. :wink: )
chameleon_effect

Spurious Text, I'll edit you out!
Last edited by chameleon_effect on September 5th, 2006, 12:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

chameleon_effect wrote:Well, JW, I hope you are the only one to have read that post. I don't want to make you guys too afraid of me too quickly.
Bring it on! I fear nothing! 8)
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

I'm setting up the matches as we speak.....I'll post them all up when I return home in a few hours.
without your noses.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Behold.

Matches set to take place for Round One (9/9/06, 18:00 GMT)

Pietro vs. x4ro

Koles vs. Suvorov

Dragonking vs. Dragon Master

KShinji vs. Wintermute

Squig vs. Becephalus

JW vs. Nickname

Kollle vs. Mythological

Soliton vs. Jew Unit

(After determining the matchups, I flipped a coin to determine which player would start as player one in game 1 of each given matchup series. I listed that player first. For example in "Dragonking vs. Dragon Master," Dragonking starts as player one in game one of their series. In game two, Dragon Master is player one. If game three is played, Dragonking is player one.)

So, are there any questions?
Attachments
bracket.jpg
bracket.jpg (41.7 KiB) Viewed 2999 times
without your noses.
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

You have nice handwriting.

Would you mind putting the replays of the matches here after they're done? I wouldn't mind seeing the big boys play and garnering a few tips thereof.