Please help me with the hebrew translation!!!!!!

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

niranbd

Post by niranbd »

the managers of the hebrew group are answering me by email so it take DAYS...

can someone tell me if the officiel Wesnoth 1.1-svn version that is coming out next week will come out with FREEIBIDI OR NOT?!
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

Next week? Why do you think it will be next week? IIRWIIR
The support will be included in the sources of the development line. BUT if it will be included in the binarys depends on the packager. AFAIK you are asking if it will be included in the windows binary. I don't know if the packager will be able to make it work, so the only thing I can say about this:
We don't know if it will work for you!
The sources itself will support fribidi but it has to be compiled into the game. That is not this trival under windows.
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

In game mirroring can easily be done with creating a different theme (which is just a plain wml text file, no coding involved there). Reordering the other stuff of course takes some more effort... :?
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

So all you hebrew guys, how's that? :)
Attachments
Hebrew with fribidi support (hopefully)
Hebrew with fribidi support (hopefully)
wesnoth_hebrew.JPG (152.28 KiB) Viewed 4610 times
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

Ok, here is a second screenshot that should allow for a better judgement of hebrew with fribidi working:
niranbd

Post by niranbd »

it awsome-can you tell me how to add free bidi to my version?

oh, an by the way... i made a israeli site of the game:
http://niranbd.com

and in there i made a translation too... but it dont have freebidi so it sux:

alot of ppl have download it...
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

Windows wesnoth with fribidi is nothing you can download somewhere, it exists only on the computers of a few developers. Well, there is a way to get it on your computer, too. But it is everything but trivial for a coder and close to impossible for "normal" persons :? .

Since you don't seem to have any coding experience, i suggest you wait until the next release. If everything else works fine and i manage to find some time to make the windows binaries between christmas and new year, it should be available to the end of this year :).
ryn

Post by ryn »

The biggest problem I see is that when displaying numbers, the description should come to their left, not right. (ie, it currently displays "gold 16" instead of "16 gold"). (from the last screenshot, but that's without fribidi, so I don't know how it would normally appear). Yogi Bear: the only problem with your screenshot is that the window title is a meaningless mess of non-Hebrew characters.
(yes, I speak Hebrew)

Another note: I understand the translation of elvish archer, but the abbreviations used to replace melee and hp make no sense to me.
2B |! 2B = 3F
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

ryn wrote:The biggest problem I see is that when displaying numbers, the description should come to their left, not right.
Those problems will probably take quite a lot of time to get rid of since just about the whole gui needs to be made aware of those problems. You know, most developers are from the ltr world and never thought about those problems when writing the code for the gui. So expect the drawing of number and string to be rather seperated and somewhat difficult to switch. Oron is working on those problems though along with translating so they should be gone some day. Sooner if you choose to help, e.g. by translating. :wink:
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!