Czech translation

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SanDonk

Czech translation

Post by SanDonk »

Hello, long-term fan of Wesnoth with native Czech language and decent writing skills (beggining writer with few successes in comptetitions and finishing first book) here. My english is not perfect yet, however I hold FCE for B2 English since last year. I am interested in helping community of the best game of my childhood and teenage years and improving my translating skills for future career. Is there willingness for additional helping hand with Czech translation?
Bitron
Developer

Re: Czech translation

Post by Bitron »

Hello SanDonk, and welcome to the forums!

If you want to translate, this might be useful for you. Also, here is the Czech translation page with some details about who to contact and some further links for statistics and other things regarding Czech translation at the bottom od the page.

Enjoy your time here. (:
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

Yes, additional translators are always welcome. Translating Wesnoth is a huge job because of all the help and campaign texts.
hrubymar10
macOS Packager

Post by hrubymar10 »

Hi @SanDonk ,
I didn't know about this thread until now. I translated 'Create' page and already publish it but Czech like 'Čeština' is not shown in {{Translations}}. Czech lang code is 'cs' right? Here is the page: https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Create/cs . Also please check it somehow but it should be good.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

It’s the first Czech translation on the wiki to date, so there wasn’t an entry for the language in the box template. I’ve added it just now.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
hrubymar10
macOS Packager

Post by hrubymar10 »

Thank you @shadowm . It's glad to know that I was 'first' :D