French translation of wiki topic "Building Scenarios"

Discuss and coordinate development of mainline and user-made content translations.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Cernunnos
Art Contributor

French translation of wiki topic "Building Scenarios"

Post by Cernunnos »

Hi all,

I searched the wiki to know how to build a scenario, and whereas all the pages were in English, i found 1 (BuildingScenarioSimple) for which a French translation was available.

I searched a little further the wiki to find other French pages, but i didn't seem to find others, at least not in the Building Scenario category.

So, as this translation is not the better i've ever seen, and as it is the only i found, I would like to ask you:

Is it "normal" to have access to this translation whereas it only refers to one aspect of scenario building (so if one reads it, he only knows what the [scenario] tag is for...) ?

Can i make a better translation of this page (and of other Building Scenario pages), or the wiki should not be translated?

Should i post the source code of the wiki page with just translations where they belong to, or should i do that in an other way?

Thanks a lot, bye.
"While portrait art may be where Wesnoth gets its glamour, and sprite art may be where Wesnoth gets its zest, it's the terrain art that's so crucial to Wesnoth's polish - it's the canvas that the rest goes on." Sangel
Jozrael

Re: French translation of wiki topic "Building Scenarios"

Post by Jozrael »

This is an easy one.

Any translating work you can do for the wesnoth community would be GREATLY appreciated. As far more people use the game than the site, the efforts of our current translators are focused on the game. If, however, you would prefer to upgrade the pretty much nonexistent translations of the site, I'm sure that would be extremely helpful.

(Another possibility is that maybe there is a separately linked French wiki? I haven't heard about mirrors of the site in other languages, though, just the forums, so I'm not entirely sure).
Cernunnos
Art Contributor

Post by Cernunnos »

Hey Jozrael,

You, again?! :lol2:

Well, since i did'nt wanted to make unreadable the wiki with french translations of each page (cause in the absolute after some more people would do so, you'll have french wiki, spanish wiki, deutch wiki, esperanto wiki and so on...(Klingon wiki? h4x0r w1k1? :D )
Then, i made a mirror site from myself for just french translations of some important parts of the wiki.

This site is currently available here: http://cernunnos.0fees.net.
Be kind, it has only 2 hours or so, the css will come next :wink: .

If this was not the way to do it, please tell!

I will try to advance the translation of important wiki parts a little each day but i can't promise. Anyway, if the site began to grow i'll host it better cause that's just a personnal site for now. And i'll change the name of course.

See ya!
"While portrait art may be where Wesnoth gets its glamour, and sprite art may be where Wesnoth gets its zest, it's the terrain art that's so crucial to Wesnoth's polish - it's the canvas that the rest goes on." Sangel
Noyga
Inactive Developer

Post by Noyga »

Well as the (quite inactive) french translation maintainer i didn't event know we had translated wiki pages.
Maybe you could send a message to the french translation mailing list which is mailto:wesnothATmlDOTfreeDOTfr (btw it is currently quite inactive, but who knows... Sometime some people suddenly awake). If somebody is active they might help you.
Since you seem to want to do you can of course be the maintainer for the french translation of the wiki and manage it as you like.
Btw you can probably directly work on the BfW Wiki.
"Ooh, man, my mage had a 30% chance to miss, but he still managed to hit! Awesome!" ;) -- xtifr
Sancrist

Post by Sancrist »

Hello,

As you said, I'm more playing wesnoth than visiting the wiki but I'm interested in creating. I was looking for french pages but like Cernunnos said they're not really numerous. So, I wanted to know how can I do to translate wiki pages or maybe part of the game (but I didn't find non-translated parts). How can I do ? I suppose it doesn't matter if that's not my job but I never did that before so is it possible ? I think if you had more french pages, there will be a lot of french gamers.

Thank you.
Earworthm

Post by Earworthm »

Neither am I very active, but if I can help to translate the wiki or anything else, well...
Naushi

Post by Naushi »

i can help too, if needed...
Spi

Post by Spi »

I know it's a bit late to say it but I can help for any kind of translation, be it wiki, unit descriptions, ... pretty much anything in translation.
Naushi

Post by Naushi »

i can help too, but have a bit difficulty to understand poedit... I'm on mac :idea: