Battle for Wesnoth HD crash after latest update

All questions/issues/feedback for the iOS version of Wesnoth belong here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mantra

Battle for Wesnoth HD crash after latest update

Post by mantra »

I've been playing through some long campaigns lately (halfway through Invasion from the Unknown) and without thinking, installed the latest update. As soon as I launched the 1.14.8 version (app version on the app store, release notes say 1.14.9) the game crashes to the background. I reluctantly Uninstaller and reinstalled, but I lost all my saves. If this version wasn't compatible with previous version, it should have been stated in the release notes.
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Re: Battle for Wesnoth HD crash after latest update

Post by singalen »

Hi. Sorry for the problem. Losing saves hurts.

The version is compatible with the previous one, and we didn't see crashes during the beta test. The automated crash reporting should have delivered the crash report to us, I will look into it. I will also test the version with IFtU.

What hardware and iOS version do you have?

Next time you play, I recommend enabling iCloud for Wesnoth. This way, you won't lose your saves even after reinstallation, and will even be able to use them with the desktop version.
mantra

Post by mantra »

It's an 11" ipad pro. (The one compatible with Apple pencil 2) and ios13
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by singalen »

Thanks.
I see one crash in the automatic reports, because of a corrupt cache. Looking into it now.
Does it crash for you now? I expect that it should be working now, after reinstalling.
mantra

Post by mantra »

It works great after reinstalling. Does the iCloud also save which add-ons I have installed? If not, that'd be a cool feature. I'm really excited to be able to move my game between laptop and iPad. Thanks for all your hard work.
singalen
iOS Port Maintainer

Post by singalen »

Phew. For some reason I was thinking it kept crashing.
Unfortunately, addons need to be reinstalled manually. They may take too much space. Saving a list of installed addons would be an nice feature, but usually you can see from a save file what addons it needs.
Thanks for kind words and your support.