Thread of the N3T clan

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Darth Jordius

Post by Darth Jordius »

Hey, I'd love to join the n3t clan. Add my name, "Darth_Jordius" to the list. See ya 'round.
Quiz wrote:You are a Dwarvish Fighter. You're surly and handy with an axe. Go chop some trees.
Check out Quietus's Minotaurs!
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

Welcome aboard.
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
binaryquasar

join

Post by binaryquasar »

I would also like to sign up..

mp name: underling

haven seen anyone else with it
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

Welcome in :)
I was working on the proof of one of my poems all the morning, and took out a comma. In the afternoon I put it back again. -- Oscar Wilde
Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

i would like to join. Before i started on the forum i played a few three team games and found them really unfair. I would be akkarin345 n3t if you would let me in.
Baufo
Inactive Developer

Post by Baufo »

In you go :)
Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

thanks
Me1234

Post by Me1234 »

it has been quite a while since i havc been here. and the clan has grown greately.
Confucious say "If you stand on toilet, you high on pot."
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

8) .

I would like to inform you all that I will resume my training of players newer to the game once 1.4 is released. At that time you can see me at the 1.4 server...

On a secondary note, I'd like to add (quoting Sapient) that this isn't a "Clans are fun" thread... Join only because you uphold the same anti 3-team values we do. :roll:

I suggest reading through this thread in it's entirety before you join.
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.
Me1234

Re: Thread of the N3T clan

Post by Me1234 »

three cheers for F8 Binds

Hip hip hooray!
hip hip hooray!
hip hip hooray!

{WILD APPLAUSE}
Confucious say "If you stand on toilet, you high on pot."
Uprising
Location: The Northweastern Region, The Drums, A Library, or in Class

Re:

Post by Uprising »

Sapient wrote:Uprising - BIG_LIZARD is allowed to post in our clan thread because he PWNZ. ;)

P.S. Let's try to keep it on topic guys. Clan business only.
Sorry for not answering earlier, I haven't been on for a while now. Very well, I shall let him pwn and won't say anything about it. :)
"History repeats itself do to what people do and do not learn."
--Mr. Anderson (A World History teacher)
F8 Binds...
Saurian Cartographer

Post by F8 Binds... »

It has occurred to me, as TheMasterOfBattle mentioned, that along with the last 2 months of posts/etc, also went my notice private message, a title or two, and probably a good few members who joined in that time period.

I'm looking into re-adding/updating members, and eventually resending my PM out again, and then, hopefully, eventually, I can get a clean list of active/semi-active members.

Periodically I shall be updating the list on the first page of all members. If a few days go by, and you see that your name isn't on the list as it once was, please send me a PM.

~F8
Proud creator of 4p- Underworld. Fascinated by Multiplayer design and balance.
I am the lone revenant of the n3t clan.
Corvvs

Post by Corvvs »

I've read the thread, but am not entirely convinced. My two questions are:

1. if one player plays chicken, he doesn't get xp or villages, and is thus bound to lose to the victorious player (of the other two), unless he strikes at the right moment. This need for precision makes being chicken harder, not easier, than playing aggressively.

2. Isn't diplomacy of sorts fun? Yes, alliances are somewhat random, but you can't backstab in a 1v1 or 2v1 game :twisted:

If someone can deal with these two, I'd be happy to join. (didn't see them directly addressed previously)
"we alone truly exist, ... the shadows we traverse are but projections of our own desires..."

Orbivm ||| The Thread of Ill-Fated Portraits
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Corvvs wrote: if one player plays chicken, he doesn't get xp or villages, and is thus bound to lose to the victorious player (of the other two), unless he strikes at the right moment. This need for precision makes being chicken harder, not easier, than playing aggressively.
Sure, some chickens might wait too long and thus let the best fighter consolidate their holdings, build income, and heal their wounded units. But just because this could happen against poor opponents doesn't make the chicken strategy any fairer or any less annoying for the general case when someone who knows what they are doing executes it. (When evaluating balance in MP, you cannot assume your opponent will be dumb.)
Corvvs wrote: 2. Isn't diplomacy of sorts fun? Yes, alliances are somewhat random, but you can't backstab in a 1v1 or 2v1 game :twisted:
I've said it before: I have nothing against FFA. But if you want a truly dynamic Free for all, I suggest you try a game with four or more opposing sides, such as Forest of Fear. The standard three team dynamic is a fatally flawed structure.
Corvvs wrote: If someone can deal with these two, I'd be happy to join. (didn't see them directly addressed previously)
Why join? I think you don't understand the purpose of the clan...
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Corvvs

Post by Corvvs »

Sapient wrote:
Why join? I think you don't understand the purpose of the clan...
I think the purpose is to convince people that 3-team battles are pointless, and consolidate those who already believe that. I am mistaken?
"we alone truly exist, ... the shadows we traverse are but projections of our own desires..."

Orbivm ||| The Thread of Ill-Fated Portraits