clan matches

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

sargy

clan matches

Post by sargy »

When i first got into playing online games, i was introduced to counter-strike, i used to love playing online in a clan with my m8s. I would love to do the same on westnoth, having spoke to Dragon king already, he said the possibility was restricted by people being from different time zones , there-fore it wouldn't be practical.
I would challenge this and instead propose international clans, having played westnoth multi-player for a while u get to know some players, there are quite a few from a number of identical countries.
You only need 3 - 4 people for a clan, can be same nationallity for time-zone reasons, or just good freinds that you have played with. It would be nice to have an online league and see how every1 does.
It's a good way for people to get to know other players and it also adds a little to the desire to win for your country or your friends.
If any 1 else would be up for clan matches just find some other players and decide your clan name, i.e [GBR]Sargy or more fun ones such as [NBK's]Sargy, (natrual born killer's).
I am sure that dedicated westnoth gamers wouldn't be too bothered about playing games at slightly l8r times of the night or morning, if it meant being involved in good fights, which you can take some pleasure and pride from

Let me know what you guys think - Sargy
Disto

Post by Disto »

Don't post the same thing in two forums. :roll:
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
dalk

Post by dalk »

I dont really see the point of having clans

What would you do with your clan?
Having a separate server?
Playing together vs another clan?->that would take too long, all 6or8 player matches dont involve too much startegy caus they are so small maps.
Playing together with your friends?-> you dont need a clan for that
I dont like the hierarchical structure of clans whatsoever.