Fire vs. Flameheart

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Keelta MacRonan
Location: At Helm's Deep,assisting in the final defence of the Hornburg

Fire vs. Flameheart

Post by Keelta MacRonan »

I personally have never found a use for the fire drake over the flameheart, although I think I'm missing something. Can someone please explain to me what it is :?:
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

A significantly stronger ranged attack, a higher chance of hitting with said ranged attack (by way of more chances to hit), and a ridiculously strong resistance to fire.

In a way, the drake burner has a fork which lets it be either the drake "equivalent" of the elvish captain, or the elvish marksman (as a very rough approximation).
telly

Post by telly »

The fire drake is pretty pointless. The extra fire resistance is useless, and the flare not only has about even attack power but more hp and leadership as well. Just no comparison.
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

Fire drake have one ranged attack more it can be useful agnist for example woses.
telly

Post by telly »

I'd rather have flares than fire drakes even fighting against woses. The extra hp makes more difference than an extra attack imo.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

I think this is the problem of a faction that makes you take fire as granted. In such a context, leadership shines in both the ranged and melee department.

I prefer Flare because of this.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

The Flare is one of those perennially overpowered units. At least it's not as bad as it used to be.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

This is all because no-one listens to meee!

The fire drake, if I recall correctly used to have his attacks split; it had a huge amount of weaker shots giving it a huge chance of hitting; but someone thought it'd be better if he'd just have a few stronger shots.

(I believe originaly it had something like 17-3 and 8-6 to give people a choise between slightly bigger damage, and more chance of an instant kill before retaining damage (e.g fighting other ranged units) or simply having alot of hits, to give a bigger chance of actually doing damage (for shooting down 5 hp units with lesser risk)

The insane defence against fire can be usefull though, The Inferno Drake is practically immume against fire; making him almost the only unit in the game with a near immumity that doesn't result in lesser hp;
I had designs for a level four Inferno Drake aswell, but I don't think people liked it; as there were never comments on the idea.
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Academicus

Post by Academicus »

The worse mistake ever made was bringing the drakes to multiplayer. I loved to play with them on single player when they were stronger than all other units the same level as them. But after they were brought to multiplayer they are needed to be weakened from time to time everytime someone says they are overpowered.
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

Academicus wrote:everytime someone says they are overpowered.
Drakes arent overpowered...
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Right. Just the Flare branch of the Burner line...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Your face is overpowered.
Academicus

Post by Academicus »

It's the same.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Academicus wrote:The worse mistake ever made was bringing the drakes to multiplayer. I loved to play with them on single player when they were stronger than all other units the same level as them. But after they were brought to multiplayer they are needed to be weakened from time to time everytime someone says they are overpowered.

A comment to this, I, being the actual creator of the drakes find it interesting that you loved to play with them in single player before they got added to multiplayer; because they were actually used in multiplayer before they were ever in single player in the first place as I recall.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

The cost of the Drakes makes them quite balanced, after that... you better get a pointy stick of death unsung brand (sp)* and harass/pin/ZoC them or you'll get into trouble, specially if they get more villages.

*He has the name, but i own the rights, so i'm the one making the money
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004