Trash Talk/Arguments/Call-Outs

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
SaintDust wrote:Elvish.
You don't even play multiplayer.
*blink* So I'm supposed to be the one making completely unfounded assertions? :irritated:
I thought this deserved a trip to the Trash Talk/Call-outs thread.

Funny thing is, I've seen these two on MP at the same time. Surely, a call-out is in order here. :twisted:
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Doc Paterson wrote:Funny thing is, I've seen these two on MP at the same time. Surely, a call-out is in order here. :twisted:
Not now, I am tired! I just played (and lost) a bunch of games on my new map, Strategy Island. (I lost because I consistently forgot that I shouldn't spend all my gold on the first turn... ugh.) The best of the matches will shortly be in the replay archive.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
Doc Paterson wrote:Funny thing is, I've seen these two on MP at the same time. Surely, a call-out is in order here. :twisted:
Not now, I am tired! I just played (and lost) a bunch of games on my new map, Strategy Island. (I lost because I consistently forgot that I shouldn't spend all my gold on the first turn... ugh.) The best of the matches will shortly be in the replay archive.
Ha! I have defeated the pillager of elves! Bow down before me, mortal scum!

EP: Once you rebalance the map, make sure you come crawling for a rematch.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Elvish_Pillager

turin wrote:Ha! I have defeated the pillager of elves! Bow down before me, mortal scum!

Túrin = Human = Mortal
EP = Elvish = Immortal

Anyway you're not special, a bunch of people beat me on that map, with those settings; we decided that the second player had a powerful advantage, so your victory is completely empty and does not count. In fact, since I almost won anyway, I'd say I played in a clearly superior manner.

I've rebalanced the map, and discovered a strategy to eliminate the second player's remaining advantage. Next time we're on, we can FIGHT! :D
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
turin wrote:Ha! I have defeated the pillager of elves! Bow down before me, mortal scum!

Túrin = Human = Mortal
EP = Elvish = Immortal

Anyway you're not special, a bunch of people beat me on that map, with those settings; we decided that the second player had a powerful advantage,
Hehe- Yeah, I was saying that during the matches, and you were disagreeing! :D

Glad you've come to your senses. 8)
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
without your noses.
Elvish_Pillager

Doc Paterson wrote:Hehe- Yeah, I was saying that during the matches, and you were disagreeing! :D

lol.

Actually, part of the advantage lies in the two extra villages that I gave the second player. They were gone by the time you started complaining. :P

The other part is nonexistent.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
Doc Paterson wrote:Hehe- Yeah, I was saying that during the matches, and you were disagreeing! :D

lol.

Actually, part of the advantage lies in the two extra villages that I gave the second player. They were gone by the time you started complaining. :P

The other part is nonexistent.
Complaining? I was only talking about the recruiting thing being your downfall when you were loosing. Just trying to help a brother out. :P
The 2 village thing wasn't so huge- I mean really, an extra 4 G per turn in games so short? Doesn't seem like it'd be so crippling to p1. Not that I much care....this map is no child of mine. 8)
without your noses.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Elvish Pillager wrote:

Túrin = Human = Mortal
EP = Elvish = Immortal
*ahem*
Part 19, The Sketch of the Mythology wrote:When the world is much older, and the Gods are weary, Morgoth will come back through the door, and the last battle of all shall be fought. Fionwe will fight Morgoth on the plains of Valinor, and the spirit of Túrin shall be beside him; it shall be Túrin who with his black sword will slay Morgoth, and thus the children of Húrin shall be avenged.
It might just be me, but that sounds a bit more impressive than a puny little elf who runs around burning helpless villagers. And besides, we don't have definite proof that Wesnothian elves are immortal even in the Tolkienian sense (which is not true immortality), only that they are long-lived.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

Yeah, sadly from a storyline sense, the Elves in Wesnoth don't look all that powerful -- their troops aren't really much more powerful than humans or orcs.

This is necessary from a gameplay point of view though, I think.

If I was leading an RPG project though, Elves would be much more powerful. :)

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Elvish_Pillager

turin wrote:
Part 19, The Sketch of the Mythology wrote:When the world is much older, and the Gods are weary, Morgoth will come back through the door, and the last battle of all shall be fought. Fionwe will fight Morgoth on the plains of Valinor, and the spirit of Túrin shall be beside him; it shall be Túrin who with his black sword will slay Morgoth, and thus the children of Húrin shall be avenged.
You mean Túrin gets to have a ghostie after he's dead? Then he's not even human, he doesn't even have the gifts of Illuvatar to all humans! And anyway that mythology is pretty incomplete if it doesn't mention the torch-wielding Elf on a Wolf who will command the armies of Morgoth, and also who will sneak up behind the spirit of Túrin and backstab him to death with a flaming torch.
turin wrote:It might just be me, but that sounds a bit more impressive than a puny little elf who runs around burning helpless villagers.
I have a 5-swing Fire Backstab melee attack and I command armies that slaughter greater enemy armies without suffering any casualties. I cause the very land around me to rise up and conform to my whims. I change entirely the scheme of employment throughout the land and I summon Chocobones to do my bidding. And you call that puny? You, who are a mere mortal with the stubbornness to cling to the life that Illuvatar would grant you the gift of losing, and thereby becoming a wannabe-elf and losing your very humanity?
turin wrote:And besides, we don't have definite proof that Wesnothian elves are immortal
They *do* die of old age (according to Unrest in Elfland) and so do humans (according to Heir to the Throne), BUT --- Elves are immortal. They just are. And humans aren't. That's just the way it is, you cannot question it. ^_^
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

tux will deafeat you both!
Elvish_Pillager

Just be glad it took me this long to get to him. :twisted:
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

only patents can deafeat him! you cannot pass! :P
Elvish_Pillager

tomsik wrote:only patents can deafeat him! you cannot pass! :P
I am the servant of the Very Blatant And Obvious Fire. You cannot live!
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

when are you guys on? Every time I log on I only meet a bunch of boring french speaking noobs.
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.