Orcish shaman

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

which one is better

old orc shaman
48%
novice orc shaman
12%
orcish shaman
40%

Total votes: 25

Sea Elf

Orcish shaman

Post by Sea Elf »

which one do u prefer old orc shaman orcish shaman and novice orcish shaman? click here for more info I like the old one more because he has more magic which counts more than melee.
I got lost in thought, it was unknown territory.

The Outcasts need your feedback

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9449
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Orcish Shaman. Also their attack isn't magical, it's drain and does pierce damage, according to the info.

The orcish shaman overall is good because at night his damage would be the same that the old shaman and during other time his melee would be like the mage's.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
martenzo

Post by martenzo »

I like the orcish shaman, because it doesn't get killed that fast and it also has a reasonable drain attack.
me: Welcome to the real world. If everyone says your art and opinions suck, it's because they DO suck. Even if you're too damned proud/stupid/both to realize it.
danny_california: yep keep telling fairy tales.
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

In which campaign can we use and try them?
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
scott

Post by scott »

Son of the Black Eye. You're not missing much.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
dtw

Post by dtw »

I never noticed there was any difference between them - I just avoid combat with them like the plague.
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

These units are the less balanced units of Wesnoth. Expensive, weak, slow...
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
fmunoz
Founding Artist

Post by fmunoz »

They were designed to be weak and slow and a general "Pain in the Ass" as your task is to keep them alive.
dtw

Post by dtw »

fmunoz wrote:They were designed to be weak and slow and a general "Pain in the Ass" as your task is to keep them alive.
Make sense to me - I think they are quite well balanced in this respect :)
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

I remeberwhen I forst playedit, there was a bug that made them be out, yet in recall list at same time-- I took them out to seeif I could protectthem, as a sort of training... the good ol' days of wesnoth--makes me feel old
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Elvish Scientist

Post by Elvish Scientist »

All three are equally useless. They are weak and fragile and do not advance to something more useful (as the elvish shaman does).
When they appear in second scenario of SotBE and you play smart, you still have to be lucky to keep them alive.
Taurus
Inactive Developer

Post by Taurus »

Elvish Scientist wrote:All three are equally useless. They are weak and fragile and do not advance to something more useful (as the elvish shaman does).
When they appear in second scenario of SotBE and you play smart, you still have to be lucky to keep them alive.
Since I have taken over the responsiblity for maintaining and compleating SotBE, I was hoping to make them a bit more usefull. What I was thinking of was:

1. Give them advancement oppertunity

2. Keep them rather week and fragile but...

3. Give them leadership, with at least 4 advancment levels

4. Give them healing abilities

5. Give them slow

6. Maby on level 4 we could create some effect that makes the hexes around them dark during the day, similar to a Mage of Light.

These abilities of course will be split up between the four levels. Anyhow, it's just a rough draft/crazy idea. What does everyone else think?
Creater of the campaign, "Northern Rebirth"

Compleater of the campaign, "Son of the Black Eye"
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

I think fmunoz had it right - the shamans are not meant to be useful units, they are meant to be protected, cuddled and kept away from the battlefield.

Giving them advancement/ abilities would radically alter the original intent behind their creation.
A witty saying proves nothing.
-Voltaire
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

But why would they be protected is they were THAT weak???
dalk

Post by dalk »

It just doesnt make sense, why would the orcs keep alive someone that weak, let alone protect it or surrender when one of them dies?
sounds very un-orcish to me