The Elvish Pillager vs. Dragonking Poll

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Eh?

DO IT! C'mon EP, don't be lazy!
29%
Don't do it! I don't want to know who's better!
2%
Sounds nice, and reasonably balanced.
2%
It's really unbalanced, the luck (and/or other stuff) would ruin it.
No votes
EP would win.
No votes
DK would win.
18%
You *should* charge for tickets!
9%
Don't charge for tickets!
2%
$10 is too much for a ticket
No votes
$1 is too much for a ticket
No votes
1¢ is too much for a ticket
7%
Other (Please specify)
2%
This is a really STUPID way to set up a poll.
29%

Total votes: 45

Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

The Elvish Pillager vs. Dragonking Poll

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

What do you say?
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Do it! Do it do it do it! DO IT! :D

But I would wait for 0.9.2, so that hopefully the drakes and knalgans are more balanced.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Big Bad Joe

Post by Big Bad Joe »

I think that it is a little bit stupid. It depends just on you and DK. It seems little bit strange to me that you need poll to know, if you want to play. Not sure anyway if Dk want to. What about asking him?
Just bored..
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

@turin: Never mind the Drakes, my setup doesn't call for their use. Of course, I'd need Dragonking's input on this whole thing...
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Big Bad Joe

Post by Big Bad Joe »

I am with DK on multiplayer just now. Join if you want..
Just bored..
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Elvish Pillager wrote:@turin: Never mind the Drakes, my setup doesn't call for their use. Of course, I'd need Dragonking's input on this whole thing...
That's because they're unbalanced, though. I was saying you should wait until they are balanced, then include them in the setup.

But my main point was with knalgans, not drakes.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

DO IT, but after 0.9.2.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
Saurian Bibleist

Post by Saurian Bibleist »

MadMax wrote:DO IT, but after 0.9.2.

Don't be absurd. Do it now. Do it then. Do it 10 times in the future. All of these formalities and stipulations and plans waste time that you could be having fun with. The fact is that no game is perfect; Wesnoth needn't have reached perfect balance for a simple "who's better" match to occur. It's not as though you'd be facing each other with different versions of the game. Maybe the weapons are lop-sided, but you have identical arsenals. Do mirror-matches if it's that big a concern, but [deleted], do something. And soon.
Take that plank out of your eye.
Na'enthos

Post by Na'enthos »

I voted for the last option since, well.. the whole thing is odd. What's the fuss anyway? I'd be interested in the outcome, though. :?
He who would travel happily must travel light.
-Antoine de Saint-Exupery
(S)elfish weirdo
Location: Trying to finish Mystery campaigns without losses, have completed 0% of the maps so far.

Post by (S)elfish weirdo »

The king of dragons pitted against the lossless pillager, ey? this will be interesting indeed... by a part of anNoying, this will be interesting indeed!
A statement within a signature is a body of absolutist assertions designed to shelter those who cannot abide the cold, hard realities of actually having to prove their claims.
Cod

Post by Cod »

(S)elfish weirdo wrote:the lossless pillager
:roll: :roll: :roll:
(S)elfish weirdo
Location: Trying to finish Mystery campaigns without losses, have completed 0% of the maps so far.

Post by (S)elfish weirdo »

why such a fishist look, Cod? do you not remember the war upon losses? aye, the very war i have continued (why shade, just why do you have to make it an objective to lose a unit on the very last map of your campaign?!!! I've finished all prior maps without a single loss!!! well, at least i can finish it with only 1 loss...)
aye, the pillager is lossless indeed... (even if my woses still owns the horseman with the weird name, devs bless ambush)
A statement within a signature is a body of absolutist assertions designed to shelter those who cannot abide the cold, hard realities of actually having to prove their claims.
Cod

Post by Cod »

(S)elfish weirdo wrote:why such a fishist look, Cod? do you not remember the war upon losses? aye, the very war i have continued (why shade, just why do you have to make it an objective to lose a unit on the very last map of your campaign?!!! I've finished all prior maps without a single loss!!! well, at least i can finish it with only 1 loss...)
aye, the pillager is lossless indeed... (even if my woses still owns the horseman with the weird name, devs bless ambush)
I demand this ode be put into Dramatc Verse.

I'm tuning my mandolin.