What do the players of wesnoth do with their free time?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

martenzo

What do the players of wesnoth do with their free time?

Post by martenzo »

I was just wondering, what do you like to do with your free time (that is, time you are not working, at school/university or playing/developing wesnoth)? You probably do someting with your free time, because you are human (right?).
Notes: If you don't want to answer, don't
me: Welcome to the real world. If everyone says your art and opinions suck, it's because they DO suck. Even if you're too damned proud/stupid/both to realize it.
danny_california: yep keep telling fairy tales.
rogue
Code Contributor

Post by rogue »

Hiking, watching anime, playing other computer and console games, building castles out of LEGO, and watching movies.
<rcarello>
martenzo

Post by martenzo »

I myself am mostly watching tv or playing other computer games
me: Welcome to the real world. If everyone says your art and opinions suck, it's because they DO suck. Even if you're too damned proud/stupid/both to realize it.
danny_california: yep keep telling fairy tales.
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

Enjoy my kids, grow carnivorous plants, photograph beautiful models and turn them into fairies, usual sort of thing :)
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Free time? I play wesnoth.

On weekdays I usually don't have really that many hours after school and homework, so I spend most of those on the computer.

On weekends it really varies. Sometimes I hang out with my friends, sometimes I just get bored home...
Tomyellow

Post by Tomyellow »

Read books (The Sicilian at the moment), ride my bycicle, listen music (Manowar when I play with BfW), testing RC and pre- free softwares and first of all spend a lot of time with my friends.

Cheers,
Tomyellow
turin
Lord of the East

Re: What do the players of wesnoth do with their free time?

Post by turin »

martenzo wrote:I was just wondering, what do you like to do {when} you are not {} playing/developing wesnoth)
Hm... this poses quite a challenge. :) I spend the majority of what I would call my free time developing/playing wesnoth...

But with my other time, I mostly read (usually non-fiction narratives), and watch stupid TV shows with my family...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Disto

Post by Disto »

Walk my dogs, get bored and read.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Burnsaber

Post by Burnsaber »

Play Mtg with my friends, read webcomics or make GM-stuff for my RPG playgroup.

(And yes i´m a total nerd.)
Read about the adventurers of my pen & paper RPG group

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on." - Guess who?
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Write songs, spend time with my lovely girlfriend, play all sorts of card games (L5R is my favorite). Oh, and

Tekken.
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Programming and other development for my own games, none of which I've finished yet.

And I play other computer games sometimes, too.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Shade

Of late it's been

Post by Shade »

Of late it's been mostly reading, and travelling across the Province (Ontario, Canada) to spend time with the Lady Jessica. Since the 2.60 patch I've started playing some Enemy Territory again... Stupid n00bs stay off the beach.
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

I spend time with my wife (playing other computer/video games, swimming in our pool, watching movies, going out, etc...) and walking my dogs.

I occasionally do other programming....though most of the time these days most of the programming I do is at work with a little on Wesnoth.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Burnsaber wrote:Play Mtg with my friends, read webcomics or make GM-stuff for my RPG playgroup.

(And yes i´m a total nerd.)
Cool, another MTG fan... :)

I forgot to mention that. I'm not a fanatic or anything, but it is rather fun.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

I just kinda hang around with my friend, talk about Wesnoth, listen to country music, disscuss politics, read a lot of books, and play Knights of the Old Republic :D
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.