Steam Addons/Mods In Windows (10) C:\Users Subdirectory, And Damage_Distribution_Mod.

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

StevenAus

Steam Addons/Mods In Windows (10) C:\Users Subdirectory, And Damage_Distribution_Mod.

Post by StevenAus »

I Have Come Across This Recently With Conquest Of Elysium 4 And Now Wesnoth. Steam Puts Addon/Mod Files In C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\My Games\<Game Directory> Despite Me Installing Steam In "S:\Steam". Does This Happen With Other Windows (10) Games Too?

All-So Why Does Damage_Distribution_Mod Not Show Up On Addons Server Despite Being Available On The Website?

Great To Be Back In The Wesnoth Saddle! Will Be Contributing A Lot In Future In More Ways Than One.
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment Is My Name And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.
Soliton
Site Administrator

Re: Steam Addons/Mods In Windows (10) C:\Users Subdirectory, And Damage_Distribution_Mod.

Post by Soliton »

StevenAus wrote: June 19th, 2020, 2:13 pm All-So Why Does Damage_Distribution_Mod Not Show Up On Addons Server Despite Being Available On The Website?
Where are you looking? As far as I can tell it is on the website for 1.12 addons and on the corresponding addon server.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
StevenAus

Re: Steam Addons/Mods In Windows (10) C:\Users Subdirectory, And Damage_Distribution_Mod.

Post by StevenAus »

It is on the website for 1.12 addons but I haven't found it on the addons server page in the game Bio-ElectricCurrent-cy-Currently. Also I'm getting errors when using it, not sure why that is.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

When installing the game, you are usually asked if in which folder you want to save the mods.
However you don't get this option, when downloading the game via Steam.

It will use the userdata folder C:\Users\Your Name\Documents\my games\Wesnoth1.14\data\add-ons, at least on Windows 10.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Steam does not put addons anywhere, wesnoth does. Since 1.13.x it has been using \my games\ folder.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Heindal wrote: June 19th, 2020, 6:22 pm When installing the game, you are usually asked if in which folder you want to save the mods.
However you don't get this option, when downloading the game via Steam.
You don't get the option with the official installer since 1.13.2 either.

(If people need to know why, see the 1.13.2 announcement under "Windows: New user files location".)
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.