Looking for old Add on

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Seivn

Looking for old Add on

Post by Seivn »

Hey all!
Im getting back into the game after a few years and I am looking for an old add on. It was one of those weird non campaign, non scenario type games. Basically as I remember it you would start the game and need to start a settlement somewhere on the map. You could build buildings and had to survive against orcs, undead, wild animals and other terrors throughout the 4 seasons of the year. Does anyone have an idea how to find this game?
Thanks!
gnombat

Re: Looking for old Add on

Post by gnombat »

That sounds like Cities of the Frontier.
Seivn

Post by Seivn »

Thanks! But it looks like it is not available for the latest version of the game.
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

Would be cool if old wesnoth versions could continue to work between upgrades.
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

@Seivn You can install wesnoth 1.12 alongside 1.14 and play the add-on in 1.12. (But in 1.12.6 you shouldn't play online or use untrusted addons, see https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48530 for why.)

@shevegen We've been considering changes in this direction. There hasn't been much discussion about that recently but I expect it will happen again as we work on 1.15.
enclave

Post by enclave »

the versions will probably never be able to continue work between upgrades.. but some things could be less complicated and major... well it is what it is :D

anyway, i went to wesnoth 1.10 addon server, downloaded the campaign, loaded it in 1.14, it had a major bug, but I managed to fix it.. it has other minor bugs, I hope they dont affect gameplay. So the Cities of the Frontier is available on 1.14 addon server now. I dont guarantee it will work through without problems, but there is a good chance that it will. Very interesting add-on.. hf
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

enclave wrote: November 30th, 2018, 4:46 pm the versions will probably never be able to continue work between upgrades.. but some things could be less complicated and major... well it is what it is :D

anyway, i went to wesnoth 1.10 addon server, downloaded the campaign, loaded it in 1.14, it had a major bug, but I managed to fix it.. it has other minor bugs, I hope they dont affect gameplay. So the Cities of the Frontier is available on 1.14 addon server now. I dont guarantee it will work through without problems, but there is a good chance that it will. Very interesting add-on.. hf
I don't think it's working.

At the end of scenario one there's an error about save_map, then another about load_map at the beginning of scenario two. It doesn't look like there's anything to do after the first scenario.
Attachments
CotF-A New Beginning-Auto-Save36.gz
(110.17 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
wesnoth-20190303-220129-9816.log
(13.12 KiB) Downloaded 261 times
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.