For a dying project, you are incredibly arrogant

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

HorribleTruth

For a dying project, you are incredibly arrogant

Post by HorribleTruth »

Keep locking topics and ignore all criticism.
That is best way to recovery...well no...best way down.
Bob_The_Mighty

Re: For a dying project, you are incredibly arrogant

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

HorribleTruth wrote:Wesnoth deserves to die, because of short sighted narrow minded creator that killed it in the very beginning.
If the element of chance was central to the game design from the start then you can't expect that to change - nor can you say Wesnoth was 'killed' by something that has been there all along. I don't think there's a problem with the game. It's about managing the risks.
My current projects:
MP pirate campaign: The Altaz Mariners
RPG sequel: Return to Trent
MP stealth campaign: Den of Thieves
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Although I like the RNG, I am also displeased with the recent locking zeal of the development and moderating team. Not that they would reject my suggestions, my suggestions are often accepted, but the way how people are silenced. The signal is: quit, no more discussion here, sod off. That's quite bold. Authoritarian, likely to cause people to stay away. They could just copy and paste a few prepared arguments, that should calm everyone down.

I think that the main argument against the anti-RNG idea is that it's possible to create an add-on that removes RNG since wesnoth 1.10, which was released several years ago. I was upset with people suggesting a removal of RNG, so I coded one. It's called No Randomness Mod and it replaces the chance to hit with additional resistance in a way that it doesn't alter the balance in any noticeable way. You just install it form the server, activate it with a right-click menu option and voilà, no more randomness in hits and misses in all campaigns and multiplayer (as long as the others have it installed too).
Slann

Post by Slann »

Luck system has been there for always. It cannot be a problem when it has been there since the very beggining. if wesnoth had only 1 or 2 years, you could argue that. But after almost 10 years :x ...
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

The easiest way not to get your threads locked is not to call everybody idiots ;)

There is nothing wrong with stating an opinion, but do try to do so politely.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Don't feed the trolls, people. :annoyed: