How do I install new user-made scenarios?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jjf

How do I install new user-made scenarios?

Post by jjf »

Yes, I see the add-on button. But I'm trying to add some of the games listed in this thread -- http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=40727 -- and I can't find any of them in the list of available add-ons.

Specifically, I'd like to find Aeranor Book I, Quest of Wesnoth, Grnk the Mighty and Legend of Invincibles.

Here's what I'm doing:

I have Wesnoth 1.11.11. I click the Add-Ons button and connect to the suggested server, add-ons.wesnoth.org. Then I try to search by name in the Filter bar, or just find them in the alphabetical listing. No dice.

I figure I must be missing something obvious, or these scenarios are only available for older or newer versions of Wesnoth, or there's another server for "non-official" add-ons. Thanks for the help!
James_The_Invisible

Re: How do I install new user-made scenarios?

Post by James_The_Invisible »

these scenarios are only available for older or newer versions of Wesnoth
Exactly, the first 3 campaign which you mentioned are available only for 1.10.x for now so if you want to get them you need to download Wesnoth 1.10.x or go on this site from where you can download them too. But I have no idea why you cannot find Legend of the Invincibles, it is available for your version of Wesnoth.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Regarding Quest of Wesnoth – it's pretty much only in a proof-of-concept stage. I did, however, port it to 1.11/1.12/1.13/whatever we're on right now yesterday and plan to finally pick it up again. Note also that you need some minor fixes to run the 1.10 version in 1.11, downloading it the way James suggested will not work for this one, and may or may not fail for the others.
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
mattsc
Inactive Developer

Post by mattsc »

Crendgrim wrote:Regarding Quest of Wesnoth ...
... and as for Grnk, I don't know if it will work at all if you move the 1.10 version to 1.11/1.12, but I do know that some details will not quite work as intended. I am currently working on Part 2, which will also require me to make some minor changes to Part 1 (for consistency). Once that is done, I'll release both parts together on the 1.12 and 1.13 add-ons servers.
jjf

Post by jjf »

Thanks for the help, all. I did find Legend of the Invincibles (must have just missed it!). For the others I'll probably install Stable and give them a whirl.

Thanks again.