The Saurian Tribalist MP faction (aka drakes) is overpowered

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

telly wrote:I wasn't suggesting you're a bad player, or making some sort of negative aesthetic judgement on your replays, so I don't see the need for any sort of 'challenge'.
I didn't think you were, but you were suggesting that my opponents were bad players. If you can't produce any replays in which your opponents play better than mine, I won't believe that they exist.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
telly

Post by telly »

They played badly in the replays. Or is it a good thing to be bringing out your leader constantly when your opponent tells you they will be rushing with skirmishers? There was only like one game I remember where the leader stayed back and there they had a slayer and assassins, which is just about as bad.
Elvish_Pillager

telly wrote:They played badly in the replays. Or is it a good thing to be bringing out your leader constantly when your opponent tells you they will be rushing with skirmishers? There was only like one game I remember where the leader stayed back and there they had a slayer and assassins, which is just about as bad.
:roll: Aren't you paying attention to what I'm saying? I don't think that there are ever any games on the Wesnoth multiplayer server in which both players recruit well and make good decisions.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
scott

Post by scott »

why don't you two lovers play each other, and EP can use the tribalist rush and telly can resist it.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Elvish_Pillager

scott wrote:why don't you two lovers play each other, and EP can use the tribalist rush and telly can resist it.
I met him on the server yesterday, but he must have been AFK or something. I don't know when he's on.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

scott wrote:why don't you two lovers play each other, and EP can use the tribalist rush and telly can resist it.
Exactly - prepare to get reamed, telly.

Really, there is no issue with "bringing you leader out too early" against tribalists, because they have a magical attack. Thus, it doesn't matter what terrain you are on (and hence, where you are).

The point of the replays was to show that given NO RECRUITING past the initial batch, a group of tribalists will eat anyone else for lunch, or at least smoke their leader. The only leaders who would have a hope against them are the sorceress and the red mage (especially the sorceress, with her slight cold resistance).

The reason this "no recruiting" thing is relevant, is because the tribalists can monopolize the scouting as well - their magical attack, 60% defense, and unhindered movement allow them to eat most enemy scouts for lunch, by attacking them at night. At this point, the player can then hire MORE tribalists due to their low cost.

If one separates off units in hopes of scouting for gold and hiring more units later, their leader is then vulnerable.

Thus, the only thing anyone can do against tribalists (if the enemy is charging you) is to meet them head on, with all your troops, in hopes of killing enough of them to cripple the assault.

Your troops are superior, but the skirmisher ability negates their ability to defend.
Deathtenks

Post by Deathtenks »

Erm..try...lets see here....Tribalists Vs tribalists? they are weak agaist what they use so....But i found it extremly usful to huse Horsmen or Calvarymen on them...
Victory to those who do not fear death!