Playing Experiance

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Scottar

Playing Experiance

Post by Scottar »

I just finished playing all 3 episodes. The storyline is intriguing but graphics are underdeveloped but acceptable as icons. 8) I played the easy mode but some of the scenarios where like playing in the medium or hard difficulty. I tweaked the turns, and gold parameters to get through them. The 'Heir to the Throne' was like that but I noticed that in the latest version the programers mellowed out the levels, good move. :wink:

Well that's my feedback and I hope much success in your endeavors, there where worse campaigns but overall Wesnoth is interesting and enjoyable to hold my interest. Just can't play one campaign, it's so addicting. And how do I contribute to this wonderful project monetarily? If Wesnoth was a regular game I would purchase it. :)
Elvish_Hunter

Re: Playing Experiance

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Since this is not a feedback about a campaign, but rather about the whole game, I moved the topic to the Users' Forum.
And thank you for the feedback. :)
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

Scottar wrote:... And how do I contribute to this wonderful project monetarily? If Wesnoth was a regular game I would purchase it. :)
Hello Scottar, welcome to the community.

Please have a look at the flattr button at www.wesnoth.org.
This is one way to donate some money to the project.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Wait, since when has Wesnoth had episodes?
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

I'm currently playing Episode V - The Kingdom strikes back... :wink:
I have a cunning plan.
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

Have you got to the bit where you learn
Spoiler:
?
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

*reads spoiler*
:doh:
NOoooooooooooooooooooo!
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Pentarctagon wrote:Wait, since when has Wesnoth had episodes?
The iPhone version was AFAIK released in episodes (each one having new campaigns and probably other improvements).
Scottar

Post by Scottar »

Pentarctagon wrote:Wait, since when has Wesnoth had episodes?
After the Storm Campaign has 2 episodes, they are downloadable add-ons. How long have you been playing and what campaigns? :eng:
Flameslash wrote:Have you got to the bit where you learn
Spoiler:
?
I learned how to tweak the scenarios for personal enjoyment. So don't take it personally. and you can learn of hidden finds to make for walk-throughs. And I learned enough from playing the regular campaigns to make it through the addons, except the MP's only due to connect bandwidth limitations and time. :D
Last edited by Iris on September 13th, 2012, 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged two consecutive posts.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

You didn’t specify any names in your first post, hence the confusion.

I think I’m still confused, myself. It sounded like you were providing general feedback on Wesnoth, but AtS is neither mainline nor appropriate for beginner-level players, and isn’t representative of anything at all, so...

EDIT:
Elvish_Hunter wrote:Since this is not a feedback about a campaign, but rather about the whole game, I moved the topic to the Users' Forum.
Uh.

I guess the first post was actually meant to be a follow-up to a specific topic then?
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

shadowmaster wrote:I guess the first post was actually meant to be a follow-up to a specific topic then?
Maybe. Or maybe not. In this very moment, I'm confused exactly like you and Pentarctagon :? . Especially because the OP says, in the first post:
Scottar wrote:The 'Heir to the Throne' was like that but I noticed that in the latest version the programers mellowed out the levels, good move.
At this point, hoping that it'll be enough to dissipate the thick mist that has been created, I must ask:
Scottar, are you reporting a feedback about After the Storm, Heir to the Throne, or what other campaign? Is this the iPhone version or not?
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Scottar

Post by Scottar »

shadowmaster wrote:You didn’t specify any names in your first post, hence the confusion.

I think I’m still confused, myself. It sounded like you were providing general feedback on Wesnoth, but AtS is neither mainline nor appropriate for beginner-level players, and isn’t representative of anything at all, so...

EDIT:
Elvish_Hunter wrote:Since this is not a feedback about a campaign, but rather about the whole game, I moved the topic to the Users' Forum.
Uh.

I guess the first post was actually meant to be a follow-up to a specific topic then?
I originally posted my first comment on ATS on the ATS blog site but got thrown on this site, hence the confusion. My original post was on ATS and it's difficultly on the easy levels, even after I played all the regular campaigns that came with BFW package. And some improvement in graphics would be nice on some of the characters. Base map graphics are OK.

As I said my main interest is in the storyline. That's my overall playable experience feedback for you to know. I can't really [censored] about a freebee and contributing was a fiasco but I will comment on the post concerning that.

------
Elvish_Hunter wrote:
shadowmaster wrote:I guess the first post was actually meant to be a follow-up to a specific topic then?
Maybe. Or maybe not. In this very moment, I'm confused exactly like you and Pentarctagon :? . Especially because the OP says, in the first post:
Scottar wrote:The 'Heir to the Throne' was like that but I noticed that in the latest version the programers mellowed out the levels, good move.
At this point, hoping that it'll be enough to dissipate the thick mist that has been created, I must ask:
Scottar, are you reporting a feedback about After the Storm, Heir to the Throne, or what other campaign? Is this the iPhone version or not?
Feedback on ATS, see response to shadowmaster.

PC version, don't have an iPhone.

------
fabi wrote:
Scottar wrote:... And how do I contribute to this wonderful project monetarily? If Wesnoth was a regular game I would purchase it. :)
Hello Scottar, welcome to the community.

Please have a look at the flattr button at http://www.wesnoth.org.
This is one way to donate some money to the project.
Tried to register with flattr. I never got the verification email after trying twice. Something dysfunctional with that site that needs fixing. Please let them know.
Last edited by Pentarctagon on September 14th, 2012, 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged triple post.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Scottar wrote:Feedback on ATS, see response to shadowmaster.

In that case, the correct place where to post it is this topic: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32091
Scottar

Post by Scottar »

Elvish_Hunter wrote:
Scottar wrote:Feedback on ATS, see response to shadowmaster.

In that case, the correct place where to post it is this topic: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32091
OK, could Shadow Master move the initial response over there? and I am playing the last downloadable release: 1.10.2 :whistle:
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

1.10.2 is not the version number of the latest AtS release (0.8.3), nor the latest Wesnoth stable release (1.10.4).

I don’t think merging this topic (or the OP, for that matter) anywhere would be a good idea since it has never been really clear which parts of your post(s) are feedback on mainline Wesnoth, and which ones are exclusively related to AtS. Feel free to post in the relevant topic yourself, though.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.