How can I add UMC Music to default playlist?

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dugucloud

How can I add UMC Music to default playlist?

Post by Dugucloud »

UMC Music, as you may know, is an add-on of music resource like West's Chronicles I and Chronicles II. I want to make these pieces of music work while playing ordinary mutiplayer games. How can I do?
Mi povas paroli Esperanton.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: How can I add UMC Music to default playlist?

Post by zookeeper »

Somewhat surprisingly, that's not easy to do. You can just edit the contents of the DEFAULT_PLAYLIST macro in data/core/macros/sound-utils.cfg, but then all games you host will appear as "remote scenario" for other people and will contain invalid music tracks (for them), and if you join games hosted by others then your local changes won't be taking effect and you'll only hear the standard playlist.

I'd suggest that you just use your music player of choice, make a playlist with all the tracks you want and play the music that way.
Zachron

Post by Zachron »

Perhaps then, multi-player games should by default use, Local Playlists, and have a special setting in the scenario files if it's to use a specific playlist. This would mean that in multi-player the different player's aren't hearing the same playlist unless the scenario files say so.
Project Battlescar: An rpg engine of my own design.
http://battlescar.wikispaces.com/
em3

Post by em3 »

Zachron wrote:Perhaps then, multi-player games should by default use, Local Playlists, and have a special setting in the scenario files if it's to use a specific playlist. This would mean that in multi-player the different player's aren't hearing the same playlist unless the scenario files say so.
For what it's worth, I like the idea.
ride on shooting star