You have been reported for inappropriate behavior...

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SlowThinker

You have been reported for inappropriate behavior...

Post by SlowThinker »

I just got this message while playing on the main server:
*whisper: system* You have been reported for inappropriate behavior, for more information please see Wesnoth Code of Conduct, this is a warning.
I have absolutely no idea what is this whisper message about... Why it wasn't concrete?
Or is it some server bug? It looks it was launched not by a human, but automately by the server?
Or did anybody use a nick "system"? :lol2:
I work on Conquest Minus • I use DFoolWide, Retro Terrain Package and the add-on 'High Contrast Water'
I moved to Nosebane's corner (Doc Paterson's signature); I am spending my time there, so PM me if I don't answer your post in forums
powershot

Re: You have been reported for inappropriate behavior...

Post by powershot »

did you do anthing?
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Looking at the source code (using fgrep -RIi '"system"' src/), it appears to be a hoax as there is only one instance where “system” is (probably by mistake) used as a legitimate message source.
A wesnothd coder wrote:All games ended. Shutting down now. Reconnect to the new server instance.
It may make sense for the MP admins to reserve that name.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
SlowThinker

Post by SlowThinker »

powershot wrote:did you do anthing?
no.
it was in the game 2p - Dark Forecast with Violet, I am still playing it.
I work on Conquest Minus • I use DFoolWide, Retro Terrain Package and the add-on 'High Contrast Water'
I moved to Nosebane's corner (Doc Paterson's signature); I am spending my time there, so PM me if I don't answer your post in forums
Caphriel

Post by Caphriel »

Nothing stops a player from joining with the name "System" or "system" - I just checked. So it was probably a prank. I agree with shadowmaster; reserving them would probably be a good idea.
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

I've reserved 'system' now. It's a bit of a futile endeavour though just waiting for the next gullible target to fall for an even less fitting nick.

In general you can be sure that the nicks that are used in official messages are either registered moderators or nicks that are impossible to get. (i.e. reserved like 'server' and/or containing illegal characters)
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

Soliton wrote:It's a bit of a futile endeavour though just waiting for the next gullible target to fall for an even less fitting nick.
Agreed. But we can probably remove/reserve enough obvious names so that a non-gullible target won't suffer any confusion from this style of prank.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry