Recruiting animation speed

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Insinuator

Recruiting animation speed

Post by Insinuator »

I have a little complaint with the recruiting animation. It is cool and I appreciate the effort put into it, but I think it is too slow. Especially on some campaigns where I'm forced to recruit a bunch of Walking Corpses. It's just a little tiring to have to wait for the "peewsh" to finish and get on with the next one. I use keyboard shortcuts and already have the game on accelerated speed, but this is a speedbump.

I'm not saying it should be gotten rid of; that would be a shame. Just if perhaps there was a mechanism to disable it specifically or speed it up.
StDrake

Re: Recruiting animation speed

Post by StDrake »

The animation is probably irrelevant for multiplayer synchronisation and marked in a units cfg file with plain text (well..plain wml that is)
in other words - you can edit it out with notepad so that the units don't have a recruiting animation
not the most convenient, but effective
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

Yeah, I already knew that. I'm talking about a GUI switch or slider like that which controls game speed.
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

I, also, would like more fine-grain control over which animations play and which don't, but I understand the developers' aversion to adding it. The more options you have, the more likely you are to have bugs that only trigger with certain combinations of options turned on, and those bugs are extremely hard to diagnose and fix. That's why Options Are Bad.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide