Wesnoth screenshots!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

khelben1979

Wesnoth screenshots!

Post by khelben1979 »

Hello all!

Here I got some screenshots which I wanted to share: http://picasaweb.google.com/khelben1979 ... ForWesnoth#

I'm playing against AI players and I started at normal and later I went up at playing it at high to get better resistance. If you have any opinions about the screenshots or questions, you can post them in this thread. I made it mostly for myself but I thought that it might be of interests to share some of the ingame strategy and how it looked like and so on.
HomerJ

Re: Wesnoth screenshots!

Post by HomerJ »

:hmm:
What kind of reaction do you expect?

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
Kalajel

Post by Kalajel »

Glad to see you like Wesnoth, however, this is not facebook…
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
khelben1979

Post by khelben1979 »

Kalajel wrote:Glad to see you like Wesnoth, however, this is not facebook…
I'm curious about your statement. Have I posted in the wrong category of this forum? And what does Facebook haveto do with this?
HomerJ wrote::hmm:
What kind of reaction do you expect?
I was hoping for a positive reaction in the sense that it's possible to discuss the statistics and some of the strategy of the game. Also I've got YouTube videos from the game, but I haven't posted any of them on this forum since it did not seem like there was any interest for it.

I'll remove the link from the post if there is no interest for it, just let me know. I thought it was fun to share some, that's all.
HomerJ

Post by HomerJ »

khelben1979 wrote: I was hoping for a positive reaction in the sense that it's possible to discuss the statistics and some of the strategy of the game.
Ah ok, I get it now... It's just not possible to talk about something like strategy on the basis of two screenshots per scenario. Also, the victory screen only makes a statement about gold, but not about units.
That's what the replays are for. Feel free to post replays of campaign scenarios or multiplayer games and we can discuss them here.
Velensk is our chief-analyzer for mp replays (as it seems to me) and I myself have been a dedicated campaign player since the beginning of 1.2.

Note: Please state wesnoth version whenever posting a replay.

Greetz
HomerJ
Six years without a signature!
khelben1979

Post by khelben1979 »

Okay, and thank you for your reply HomerJ. I will consider doing that. :)
khelben1979

Post by khelben1979 »

Is it okay to upload replays of when I play against the AI? And also, in what section should I place them? Strategies & Tips maybe?
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Correct section.

You can post replays of fighting the AI if you want however they will not be anywhere near as useful as replays of games against humans. Many strategies/tactics which would make no sense against a human player work perfectly fine against the AI. It will not be anywhere near as effective if I tell you not to do things which are winning the game for you; not good for either of us.

As a side note, as noted in a recent post it is generally more useful, for you, to post games you lose rather than games you win.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
khelben1979

Post by khelben1979 »

Okay, then I will only post replays of when I play with other human players. All my YouTube videos consists of myself playing together with human players against AI opponents, so far, but I might consider playing against them also later on (we haven't done that yet).

Tell me, would those videos be of interest? I'll post them in the Strategy & Tips of this forum if you think so.
PeterPorty
Translator

Post by PeterPorty »

I think we'd do better with the replay, which is saved after each fight, rather than a recorded video... just my 2 cents tho.
"The real world is for people who can't imagine anything better."
khelben1979

Post by khelben1979 »

PeterPorty wrote:I think we'd do better with the replay, which is saved after each fight, rather than a recorded video... just my 2 cents tho.
Okay! And I agree with you on that one.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

That's a lot of screenshots. :shock:
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

That's a lot of matches. :P
(Notice that almost all of them are the scenario end carryover report.)
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

I must admit, I'm curious as to the source of these two screenshots. I don't believe I've seen that particular campaign before.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry